• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

You can't really reskin Morales to Mercy, she's not in danger of being "only a skin."

She's probably competing for a spot with Auriel from Diablo though.

Alur

I could see it going either way. She would have some redundancy with Nova, but on the other hand...

...seems strange to so quickly dismiss a whole hero from entering the Nexus with a skin reveal. Particularly when we don't know who the next hero is going to be (and the assumption is it will be an Overwatch hero).

I hope Widowmaker isn't next, personally. I want one of the Overwatch supports cause we are in need of a new one.

Alur

These errors on EU accounts for Tracer that are delaying the patch process are just further proof that they should always get things the next day, amirite? /s

EDIT: Now she's available in Try Mode on NA but not playable.

Zackat

You know I want Zenyatta. He would be perfect and we need robots in this game. His kit works great, though having invuln + healing may be too strong.

wow Tracers health is so small LOL. A well filled her up completely from a pixel of health.

jediyoshi

Tracer's horse mount pose is great

4y4ZwAa.png

Alur

Still locked for me in NA unfortunately.

After 10 minutes in try mode, I foresee lots of feed. Hopefully when I get back in about 30 mins she'll be live so I can take her in AI and QM.

I dunno. They are two different beings. With no stealth, Widowmaker would be much easier to balance...the vision would be OpieOP though. With that said, I agree, it's probably just a skin.

Shadowstalk used to reveal the enemy team while cloaking yours, it wasn't op.

Alur

This would last a lot longer though, no? Would be kind of like permanent vision, or perhaps they'd just give the Widowmaker the vision.

Syf

Banned
I kept hitting v while playing her because v is melee in Overwatch lol. Retreat while I go for this melee attack guys.. yeah..

First blush, Tracer feels alright and doesn't seem ridiculously overpowered. She's fragile and lacks sustain but has crazy mobility, great run down, harass and is a lot of fun to play. Rewind is going to allow for some crazy aggressive and/or stupid plays.

This would last a lot longer though, no? Would be kind of like permanent vision, or perhaps they'd just give the Widowmaker the vision.

I can see why they just made Widowmaker a Nova skin, her stealth is through verticality that isn't present in HotS maps and other Overwatch heroes have skillsets that translate into a moba more easily.

Zackat

She seems like she is going to have a pretty high skill cap. Knowing when to port around and the like will probably really determine how strong she is.

Ketch

Can she burst down a squishy with melee bomb?

No. she's really not very bursty at all. Even the bomb doesn't do that much damage.

but she's really good at poking and zoning. You can flank aggressively without putting yourself in much danger.

And if you get anybody alone you either kill them or at least get away without dying.

In that regard she feels a lot like illidan when chasing.

The trick will be to not get focused in fights.

honestly she feels kinda like a cross between murky and illidan... like flank and harrass then bubble away when they turn on you, and then if anyone is seperated and trying to run you just feast on them.

Maledict

Her wave clear is truly dreadful, and interestingly she joins Lili in not having a wave to reveal a stealth character at all without her heroic.

I am terrible with her, truly terrible. But teleporting everywhere is so much fun... ;-)

Ketch

I'm glad she's not so blatantly op.

And I don't understand how li Ming and tracer were made by the same people.

What if we give tracer a 25% hp shield everytime she blinks. Seems fair.

Alur

She's so goddamn fun. Bout to try my first QM with her and Milly is healing.

Everyone say a prayer for him and my team.
My feedarino may be unending

kirblar

I'm glad she's not so blatantly op.

And I don't understand how li Ming and tracer were made by the same people.

What if we give tracer a 25% hp shield everytime she blinks. Seems fair.
Because they don't have enough good people testing there.

She's so goddamn fun. Bout to try my first QM with her and Milly is healing.

Everyone say a prayer for him and my team.
My feedarino may be unending

any recommended healer for her? Strider is wanting to play her tonight so i'll be on healing/tanking for that fool.

Zagara is a wonderful tracer counter. Just set a hunter killer on her and forget she was even there.

damn i suck with / dont own zagara but yeah i thought about that the other day.

Milly79

Just gotta be ahead of the game. I really had no problems healing Alur at 3k MMR on her. Malf really pairs well with her small health pool. And they had Nazeebo, Lunara and Nova. Plus their Tracer. I think he only died once.

Alur

any recommended healer for her? Strider is wanting to play her tonight so i'll be on healing/tanking for that fool.

damn i suck with / dont own zagara but yeah i thought about that the other day.

Malfurion seemed to work well. Wasn't Zag in the starter pack? If she was, I may have a code from that I can give you.

If you dudes are on tonight I hope to be. Depends on the wife's agenda lol

Just gotta be ahead of the game. I really had no problems healing Alur at 3k MMR on her. Malf really pairs well with her small health pool. And they had Nazeebo, Lunara and Nova. Plus their Tracer. I think he only died once.

Nazeebo, Lunara, and Nova against me in my first Tracer game. Talk about some booolshit.

Her R is fucking weird boys. Like it's not really "sticky", so I had the opposing Tracer blink right as I used it once and it just went into a wall. FeelsBadMan

Maledict

Zagara is a wonderful tracer counter. Just set a hunter killer on her and forget she was even there.

I would definitely agree with this - Zagara eats her alive early game, more so than most heroes it seems. Her laning is bad full stop, but against Zagara she may as well not be there.

Malfurion seemed to work well. Wasn't Zag in the starter pack? If she was, I may have a code from that I can give you.

If you dudes are on tonight I hope to be. Depends on the wife's agenda lol

interesting, didnt expect malf. maybe brightwing if people have trouble keeping up with tracer?

yeah i hear ya on that, pretty sure we will be on around 8-9 PM CST.

I wouldn't say Zag is a hard counter to Tracer, because if Zag gets caught out of position by Tracer, she's losing half her health or dying. Zagara is one of the squishy heroes Tracer can be a real problem for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom