• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Beating the crap out of Li-Ming is one of the best things about Tracer. ASsuming you are on your game there is literally nothing she can do against you - every skill shot misses, and her blink means nothing when you have three of them and rewind. Even Jaina can do more as Cone of Cold tends to land on her even if nothing else does.

Tracer against certain heroes and archetypes does feel broken - I don't think I've ever giggled as much playing the game as I did last night when bullying the hell out of Arthas and Li-Ming in a QM. But the counter side to that was the fact I had to run a mile from Kael, because his living bomb wrecks her face. Again, maybe I'm doing it wrong and I need to be more aggressive, but it's *so* much damage due to her health pool, and once he hits 16 it's lights out time. I actually think the pure AA build on Kael wil be better against Tracer as there's no chance you are ever landing a single stun on her... ;-)

Alur

Her winrate does concern me. 53.9% so far. It's not particularly egregious, but it's climbed a little bit each day so it's hard to tell where it'll end up...though her releasing to the public at large may have a huge impact on that one way or the other.

Beyond the initial few hours, there hasn't been as much feeding as I expected from other Tracers. I'm kind of surprised at that, but again, I guess we'll see when she hits the public at large.

If they do feel they have to nerf her I'm not sure where they hit her. I would suppose it will be in the "E" talents that most people are taking which make her more survivable throughout and then combine to make Total Recall even more OP than it already is to begin with. She can't really suffer any reduction in damage, IMO, cause it's already kinda shit to be honest. The only reason it's not complete shit is her stickiness, and as the game goes on and she gets more talents she can stick more and more which really increases her impact.

Calamity kinda shits on Tracer though.

Haha, I got caught by surprise by a Li-Ming using it on me while I was low last night when solo queuing. She basically suicided to kill me so it wasn't so bad, but I didn't let it happen again pre-20.

Maledict

Calamity kinda shits on Tracer though.

I wasn't finding that at all. It's the only damaging ability she has that she can actually land on Tracer, and it means she has no means of even trying to escape her. So yes, she does 500 or so damage from jumping on her - and then she just dies. Tracer never activates the free teleport from Illusionist, so Li-Ming gets one blow in then falls over dead. Whenever a Li-Ming was trying to fight me using Calamity last night it actually put her in a worse position because it meant she was stuck in one spot and couldn't even blink back to her teammates. Li-Mings best tactic seemed to be hanging back and hoping a stray orb clips her more than anything else. Calamity build definitely wasn't doing anything at all last night in my games - although I may be missing something?

Her win rate is a concern, TBH, as they generally tend to climb as peopel get better with the hero (and peopel who aren't good stop playing them). Saying that, her counters are very obvious and very easy to play - she just totally disrupts the current, very heavy melee meta and I think peopel aren't adjusting to that at all. Sonya, for example, really really struggles against her in a way I don't think she does against any other ranged assassin in the game.

Maledict

Tracer being such a polarizing character matchup wise is fantastic. She counters things, and you can counterpick her.

Yep. I know I'm going on about her a lot, but I cannot get over how freaking amazingly well done Tracer is as a hero. She feels and moves perfectly, she has a unique role in the meta, is clearly powerful but has obvious counters - Blizzard knocked this one out of the park.

All I want to do is get out of work, rush home and start playing her again. No other hero feels like she does (in any MOBA), and it's fantastic.

All I want to do is get out of work, rush home and start playing her again. No other hero feels like she does (in any MOBA), and it's fantastic.

i noticed that is where Blizzard seems to excel when making heroes. they come out with these genre-breaking ideas like Cho'Gall and Lost Vikings but somehow find a way to make them work.

its like they struggle with the more typical-MOBA heroes.

Haha, I got caught by surprise by a Li-Ming using it on me while I was low last night when solo queuing. She basically suicided to kill me so it wasn't so bad, but I didn't let it happen again pre-20.

I wasn't finding that at all. It's the only damaging ability she has that she can actually land on Tracer, and it means she has no means of even trying to escape her. So yes, she does 500 or so damage from jumping on her - and then she just dies. Tracer never activates the free teleport from Illusionist, so Li-Ming gets one blow in then falls over dead. Whenever a Li-Ming was trying to fight me using Calamity last night it actually put her in a worse position because it meant she was stuck in one spot and couldn't even blink back to her teammates. Li-Mings best tactic seemed to be hanging back and hoping a stray orb clips her more than anything else. Calamity build definitely wasn't doing anything at all last night in my games - although I may be missing something?

It should take away like 1/4rds her health in one hit and orb be hittable immediately as a follow up so if you see Tracer low, as in medium and in range she should be pretty dead.

Alur

I can echo this statement. Like I said, since she's released has been the first time in a while that I have wanted to just keep playing instead of log regardless of win/loss record.

i noticed that is where Blizzard seems to excel when making heroes. they come out with these genre-breaking ideas like Cho'Gall and Lost Vikings but somehow find a way to make them work.

its like they struggle with the more typical-MOBA heroes.

Pretty great point. It's kind of true I guess.

I will say that it does seem like several of the heroes we trash-canned on release become relevant later with only minor tweaks (or sometimes none at all). It's just sometimes when they are released it's not a great environment for that particular hero at that time.

There's still issues with feel and such, however, on the more traditional heroes outside of their power level. Like I believe part of Greymane's early issues were centered around everyone wanting to Worgen more than was viable because that was the fantasy with him. It wasn't until EU started playing him competitively and staying at range for 85% or more of the match that he caught on and the winrate got better and all. Similarly, Xul's kit (while strong) leaves something to be desired for many people who loved Necromancer in D2. So he's a strong hero, but he feels kinda vanilla to a lot of people.

All IMO of course.

It should take away like 1/4rds her health in one hit and orb be hittable immediately as a follow up so if you see Tracer low, as in medium and in range she should be pretty dead.

That's precisely what happened to me in that instance. I was low, thought I had her with another reload...Calamity and a stray AA = ded. After I saw that I was better prepared, but if she catches Tracer it does hurt cause of the paper bag HP.

Alur

Hotfix released:

We just released a new hotfix for Heroes of the Storm in order to apply the bug fixes listed below. We also recently released a new patch that introduced several improvements for the game, and you can click here to check out those patch notes.

Bug Fixes

General

Fixed an issue that could cause the Login button to appear disabled on the Heroes of the Storm login screen despite entering proper account credentials.

Heroes and Talents

Fixed an issue that caused Tychus’ Grenade to deal more damage than intended.

RIP Tychus abuse.

Maledict

I actually thought the Tychus damage was intended. It finally made him viable.

It broke him - he's already above 60% win rate in hero league now. It's way too much damage, and way to much control. Maybe if it didn't affect heroes it would be okay, but as above don't think its what he needs to make him work.

kirblar

It broke him - he's already above 60% win rate in hero league now. It's way too much damage, and way to much control. Maybe if it didn't affect heroes it would be okay, but as above don't think its what he needs to make him work.
The only time Tychus has ever really been "good" are when hes just stupidly overtuned. His base kit just has so many issues.

Alur

My plea on reddit to Blizzard for more and better portraits. Some of my ideas:

Why do I not have access to Cloud 9, Dignitas, MVP Black, and EDG portraits in the in-game shop? At the least you would assume the Cloud 9 and MVP Black ones are possible since the assets are already in the game. I want to show my pride for the team I support in HOTS just like I can in League of Legends. I want to queue into Quick Match and see some of my (insert team here) brothers/sisters and maybe make some friends…or perhaps I can queue in with a Naventic portrait and get teamed with a Cognitive loving player and we can yell at each other all game. The possibilities are endless!

Wouldn't it be awesome if Blizzard released portraits for Nexus specific characters/lore like the Raven Lord and the Grave Keeper and Spider Queen Neithis? The Dragon Knight himself? Where's my portrait of Queen Nightshade? (sidenote: Nightshade should yell at me on the loading screen as much as she does in game on Garden of Terror). You could throw in a Harrison Jones portrait flying on his carpet.

How about a huge motherlovin' "GGGEEEEEEEGGGGGEEEEEEEE" portrait the next time Heroes of the Dorm comes 'round? I bet Tasteless would dig it, man.

I want to see simple portraits (a-la Overwatch avatar/portraits) of other Blizzard game's logos. Hell, just give me the ones from Overwatch. Re-size them and port them on in. The Sylvanas, Diablo, and other HOTS related portraits are so good Blizzard! Don't hold out on us!

Alur

Interesting post regarding Tracer talents.

The one part I hadn't considered about the wave clear talent at 13:

For anyone wondering Bullet Spray still only nets you the pulse charges for one target even if you hit more than one target with the AoE melee. It also eliminates AA targets which actually makes it harder to get your heroic charged in lane. Its a powerful talent but it is definitely a double edged sword.

Alavard

Borders also. They could have ones that look badass and on fire, other shit like that. It's easy stuff to make (for them at least). Spooky skullz with green poisony gas coming out of them. Color coordinate your border and portrait to your liking.

I always felt like borders should be treated like card backs are in Hearthstone, and used as rewards for seasons as well as achieving certain ranks. Of course this requires Blizzard to actually start running seasons...

Zackat

I always felt like borders should be treated like card backs are in Hearthstone, and used as rewards for seasons as well as achieving certain ranks. Of course this requires Blizzard to actually start running seasons...

Yeah wouldn't that be nice heh. Seriously insane how long it is taking them to implement that, but I guess it is better to get it right the first (second.. third? so many revisions to ranked) time than to rush something out. Taking way, way too long though.

Alur

I like that idea too, Alavard. It would be interesting to see them give portraits and borders. Like you could have a legacy rank 1 or rank 10+ border or whatever.

brian!

Dont really feel like that 13 talent prevents you from charging ur ult

Thats like saying illidan's w on minions is a dbl-edged sword

Btw why is that talent called bullet spray, very confused but also intrigued

Alur

Just less targets, less damage. Instead of autoing from full, you're autoing from half or less. You can go grab another wave, to be sure, but if there's not one it definitely stunts the growth I guess.

Thats like saying illidan's w on minions is a dbl-edged sword

Not the same thing at all, btw. Illidan can be healed from outside sources. And his main ult is on such a long cooldown it's not like it really even matters a great deal. He's not completely reliant on it to get the kind of damage he needs, it's more for survivability. Tracer can't get her ult boosted from her support player and her burst is non-existent without it. Having the Bomb up for team fights allows you to push someone out or kill them to give your team the advantage, all while you E back out to safety.

Btw why is that talent called bullet spray, very confused but also intrigued

When you hit the melee it fires bullets in all directions.

brian!

Yeah that's what i mean, cant you just not press w or at the very least stand so you only melee one minion.

Dunno how any of this works tho so i might be missing something

____
Ohhhh ^ late post, i thought it just made her melee an aoe spell, like all enemies within the aoe get melee'd, didnt realize it did like a multishot style thing

Alur

I mean you can just not melee the wave, yeah, if you want to build the ult...but then why even take the talent for wave clear to begin with? :p Plus the melee gives you the most bang for your buck on charging the ult.

Ohhhh ^ late post, i thought it just made her melee an aoe spell, like all enemies within the aoe get melee'd, didnt realize it did like a multishot style thing

It's basically melee range radius, for the most part, just the animation shows bullets/an explosion flying around. It will basically hit the whole wave if you hit the wizard/green orb guy.

Ketch

so i played a match with tracer's gathering power, ricochet, and active reload. While we were coring my right clicks after active reloading were doing 107 damage per tick. that's 2140 damage per clip, plus additional damage from any ricochets.

brian!

Oh yeah that's what i mean, like yeah you can say knight takes pawn messes with battle momentum but cmon

I get the different interactions and stakes but personally if im trying to get blessed shield or meta up over clearing im gonna just get as many hits as i can on a wave regardless

Or put more simply (theoretically) it has no effect on that being the best talent in that tier

Alur

Yeah, I'll still be taking it.

I think you're simplifying it a bit considering your stance on most players knowledge/skill levels, but then again it's probably not that likely that lower end MMR players are gonna take a wave clear talent and not realize that they need to hold back at points to help ult generation.

brian!

I think they're reluctant to add too many but im thinking we'll see some form of overwatch map imported over at some point?

Alur

I'm guessing we'll see either an Overwatch map for that game's launch...or, finally, a Warcraft map and heroes to coincide with what is likely to be a shitstorm of tie-in publicity for the Warcraft movie.

Ketch

payload or king of the hill style objective?

what if it's just 2 lane map with a payload in the middle and you gotta juggle laning/xp with pushing the payload for the entire duration of the map.

TLV and abathur would dominate?

id just rather have them remove Blackheart's Bay, Dragon Shire and Cursed Hallow.

i wouldn't mind a new map since all their new ones have been fun imo but god do i hate the old ones. they always seem so one-sided and heavily-comp dependent.

there's also a lot of tom-fuckery goin on like Tracer or Monk being absurdly good on Blackheart's Bay.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm guessing we'll see either an Overwatch map for that game's launch...or, finally, a Warcraft map and heroes to coincide with what is likely to be a shitstorm of tie-in publicity for the Warcraft movie.

yeah i can imagine we'll have some a couple more overwatch things and then stuff like Medivh, King Llane, etc.

as far as maps go, i think they're just going to retire the old ones for new ones and then probably never go back to the old ones -- just leave them alone forever in custom modes

Ketch

So I saw an overwatch logo attached to the side of a SAAB in the parking lot at school today. Like one of those metal ones that looks like it could be a real car manufacturers logo on the car. But I wasn't sure because it didn't look right, so I just looked it up and YEP it was a fancy metal overwatch logo permenantly attached to this SAAB upside down.

Zackat

With how the Warcraft movie has been marketing itself, a shitstorm seems about right. If they used the Overwatch map that looks like a backlot that would be so cool. Idk what they could do, but they can figure it out.

Alur

I'd be happy with a map from either, honestly.

My main want right now is more support heroes and Overwatch has some cool ones. So long as we get one or two of those I'm not too fussed on whatever else they give us from that game.

Isn't it possible we'll find out the next hero or two at PAX this weekend?

Isn't it possible we'll find out the next hero or two at PAX this weekend?

i'd say its gotta happen, we dont have any hints on which hero is next right? and they've already confirmed they will have the game directors from HoTS, Hearthstone and Overwatch.

ugh meant to edit my original post not double post.

Ketch

got damn, tracer is SO MUCH FUN. holy shit.

nova + tracer make such a good team, it's just not fair.

just 2 v5'd on the turn in on BHB

I've switched to active reload, and I like 4 blinks instead of extra blinks on recall.

still not sure about the level one. It's probably cooldown recall, but I really like abusing the melee because it's so free.

I think she's gonna have to be nerfed.

15-17 rounds per clip, slower ulti charge rate.

Would give my monies with glee if Junkrat and Symmetra (or Mercy cause revive!) were the next heroes.
mercy would be sooo dope if they got the gliding right, but I think she just fills medics role. Like she has 0 offense in OW so it wouldn't make sense to give her any here, but then you'd have two "beam" supports with 0 offense... Feel like she'd just straight up be a better medic.

I think they could do Reaper, although his ulti is just strafe the rest of his kit is really unique with teleport and shade form. I think they could do Genji, and all of the tanks (winston, reinhart, diva, zarya) would work really well in this game. - roadhog would just be a stitches skin, Mcree would be OP as fuck. I think Lucio would work without being too much of a brightwing replacement. Pharah would be bad ass, let her jump over walls and aim her ultimate like in OW - make her right clicks fire slowly but have AOE on them, like a short range hammer. Mei could also come over fairly easily, like a cross between jaina/tassadar. bastion and toblerone are dumb, I dont know how they would do junkrat or hanzo, I think symmetra is just gazlowe what can build teleporters, and soldier 76 is just raynor.

Syf

Banned
could be some news about that whole esports division they created a while ago but we haven't heard anything about really. like he's sorta implying all the subreddits will be talking. he's an esports coordinator too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom