• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

~That indicates she's probably out next week right? Spotlights don't come out two weeks in advance do they?

And ye,s she looks amazing. Mad abilities and gameplay, and magic missiles looks insane with how you can aim it.

I think I'm done with this game. I appreciate Dustin being so honest. I can't continue to support a game that Blizzard themselves don't care to. They made about $120-150 off me on HOTS so it's mission accomplished as far as they're concerned.

Syf

Banned
~That indicates she's probably out next week right? Spotlights don't come out two weeks in advance do they?

And ye,s she looks amazing. Mad abilities and gameplay, and magic missiles looks insane with how you can aim it.
Some people are saying she could even be tomorrow. She's imminent, anyway.

brian!

kael is on another level in aram fo my money
sylv is up there w/ him but cant carry an entire game like he can

hammer consistently gets wrekked, but I feel like ppl might internalize not being allowed to idle in his red ring as a sign that he's stronger than he is
hes really strong if you really didnt get lucky w/ your comp and really weak if you did get lucky

Duress

How the hell do you have months for developing banning? Do they just put everything into WoW?

edit probably Overwatch.

brian!

it's probably because they used an existing system rather than building a new one for the game, but I have no idea how any of that stuff works

Alur

That'd be my guess as well. It's more a product of trying to retrofit than it would be if they built from the ground up.

Still not a good excuse, but I suspect that is part of the delay. Add in denying needing bans in the first place, then deciding to put them in eventually, and sprinkle in Blizzard's glacial development process and you have enough salt and vinegar chips to last a lifetime.

How the hell do you have months for developing banning? Do they just put everything into WoW?

The Starcraft II engine. I mean this whole endeavour initially probably didn't have a lot of funding, manpower or internal buy-in when it started. Using Starcraft II's engine was a cost-effective method of quickly prototyping but then the game is also held back by whatever limitations the engine may have.

It's easy to simply say this should have x instead of y but implementing x might open up a series of cascading dependencies. It's just a can of worms that opens up another and then another can of worms.

brian!

did they really say they didn't need bans

i wonder how the game would have turned out if it was just arena mode from the outset

Alur

Maybe it wasn't didn't need, maybe it was just "won't be doing", but yeah, last year or in late Alpha the stance was still no bans.

They weren't about catering to the competitive side of the game til after the game was already launched, if you recall, so a lot of the stuff they are doing now runs counter to the initial design/intention.

Sort of like how they've tried to distance themselves from "easy" and "casual" with some of their hero design choices and the like, and definitely with their rhetoric.

Alur

It's still the same as when it was implemented except now there's a 20 game placement.

Ranks go from 50 to 1. When you're in your placement period your rank won't show, and after those first twenty games you get placed at whatever rank range your MMR falls in all the way up to rank 5.

From there, during your next 20-30 games you'll be able to get an increased amount of points per win (via bonus points) and rank up very quickly. As you get further away from placement, the points gained decrease vastly but the amount you lose stays the same.

At a certain point, you'll probably start losing more points than you gain or at least going about 50/50, and that's when it has you where it thinks you belong.

There's no bans, and no groups larger than two in Hero League now.

Remember when Liquid's Cris said they were trying to buy out 2 players but that they were way too expensive. Now which 2 players were just bought out?

http://team-dignitas.net/articles/news/Team-Dignitas/8794/athero-schwimpi-transfer-to-fnatic

The wording sounds weird I don't trust these anymore considering they said pretty much the same when they paid for Schwimpi.

Today we make the second change to our Heroes of the Storm team after its second place at Heroes World Championship at BlizzCon. With the 2016 season shaping up, our players Lawrence 'Athero' Harper and Simon 'scHwimpi' Svensson expressed their interest to play on the Fnatic roster with their friends.
After negotiations with Fnatic over the buyout of our two players, both teams agreed on an undisclosed fee, resulting in the transfer of Athero and scHwimpi to Fnatic. We respect their decisions and wish both all the best in their careers.

Milly79

2 death Illidan ARAMarino:

xxokFZe.jpg

e1245a09460c48ae423020b146fb36ffbec990cca72e52125b5e5f62d0766064.jpg

Milly79

39m ARAM in the books. Shits getting intense. Arena can't come fast enough, but I'm sure the game will be dead by then.

Well, cleanse change making it OP for your friends and worthless for you basically means Uther has to save shield and hammer for himself. Final nail in the coffin for me, he's just not fun for me anymore. What do I pick now, range on Q over Globes and heals on basic attack? Nah.

So now I'm left with Rehgar who no one likes but me and Tassadar who I havent won a game with since the last time the Braves went to the Series.

Bring on the new heroes, there's like 5 characters left I enjoy in QM.

patchday

Well, cleanse change making it OP for your friends and worthless for you basically means Uther has to save shield and hammer for himself. Final nail in the coffin for me, he's just not fun for me anymore. What do I pick now, range on Q over Globes and heals on basic attack? Nah.

So now I'm left with Rehgar who no one likes but me
and Tassadar who I havent won a game with since the last time the Braves went to the Series.

Bring on the new heroes, there's like 5 characters left I enjoy in QM.

i like him too! Going to spend more time playing him and brightwing

Alur

Didn't they say that balance would be separate from hero patches from now on? Balance on Wednesdays when it comes, heroes on Tuesdays?

kirblar

Didn't they say that balance would be separate from hero patches from now on? Balance on Wednesdays when it comes, heroes on Tuesdays?
Incorrecto! Stay losing Milly!
The actual changes this one contains will be fairly significant, but what I meant by "small" we're only touching a handful of heroes.

Today's update will be the first of the more frequent balance changes that Dustin mentioned on Twitter a little while back. They won't be as frequent as every week, but you can typically expect to see these on Wednesdays (NA time) when we do release them.

Balance Update patches are also separate from "major" patches in that they generally won't add new features to the game or contain as many balance changes as one of our major patches would. See the Lt. Morales or Cho'gall patch notes to see examples of what bigger patches look like.

Alur

That quote looks like exactly what we said, though.

The small balance updates come separate.

If it's a real honest to god mega patch with balance plus heroes I'd be surprised considering there were a decent amount of changes in the recent small one already.

Then again not much they've done lately makes a whole lot of sense.

kirblar

That quote looks like exactly what we said, though.

The small balance updates come separate.

If it's a real honest to god mega patch with balance plus heroes I'd be surprised considering there were a decent amount of changes in the recent small one already.

Then again not much they've done lately makes a whole lot of sense.
It's not. Balance updates with major patches are still happening. (see: final paragraph)

The mini-updates are for small knob-turns they're pretty sure don't bust anything up.

Edit:eek:gn is live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom