• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Tracer sitting at top win % on hots logs already (66% WR in Maters quick match lol). I'm curious how high its going to go. Shes really fucking good.

Maledict

Can tracer rewind out of being stuck by another tracer?

I'd really like to know the answer to this. It doesn't seem as simple as "yes", because I'm sure that when I've actually been tagged by it, the grenade is still with me after the rewind.

kirblar

QM is going to be the impetus for the bigger nerfs, most likely, since she's very counterable in HL, but there's no guarantee of that in QM.

*this is the song and dance that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started QM not knowing what it was, and they'll continue running it for ever just because...."

Quesa

QM is going to be the impetus for the bigger nerfs, most likely, since she's very counterable in HL, but there's no guarantee of that in QM.

*this is the song and dance that never ends, it goes on and on my friends, some people started QM not knowing what it was, and they'll continue running it for ever just because...."

"...we didn't start the fi-yah"

Alur

It's funny, the level one talent (Slipstream) catching heat along with Spatial Echo but the other talent Tracer Rounds is getting a good bit of attention from pros and high MMR players because it's like the Lunara talent Natural Perspective that basically prevents people from avoiding your chase.

Can't count the number of kills I've narrowly missed out on because of the fog or bush. That solves that if you're confident enough in your survival.

You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind, cause if they're your friends and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.

S s s a a a f f f

Ketch

so i might be wrong, but I think what happens when you rewind after being stuck is that the bomb goes with you but is no longer stuck so you can then run out of it. But I might just be remembering that wrong.

Celegus

You can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind, cause if they're your friends and if they don't dance then they're no friends of mine.

S s s a a a f f f

giphy.gif

Personally I welcome the incoming Tracer nukes. Haven't played her yet, but playing against a good one is rough.

Maledict

so i might be wrong, but I think what happens when you rewind after being stuck is that the bomb goes with you but is no longer stuck so you can then run out of it. But I might just be remembering that wrong.

That's how it feels to me - I'm absolutely sure the bomb goes with you, but am also sure you can blink out of it once the rewind has finished. How long are "rewinding" anyways - does it give a short span on invulnerability like Metamorphisi, or is it basically instant?

And Alur, re Tracer rounds, I agree. Whilst Slipstream is great, ultiately 24 seconds to 20 seconds isn't that huge a change given you'll normally use slipstream once per fight, and you are totally correct about losing track of people in bushes iand the like. Tracer has no means to scout bushes or reveal stealthed folks, which makes characters like Zeratul an ass... ;-)

kirblar

No HOTS stuff at PAX East confirmed by Blizz in that tweetchain under Matt's tweet from the other day (likely due to regionals)

He must learn to pick his words more carefully.

Alur

I'll give it a go with Tracer Rounds and see how it is later.

My main thing is I need to be a little more patient with her and wait for the right time...but generally, every Tracer we see sans a couple need to do that.

Ketch

That's how it feels to me - I'm absolutely sure the bomb goes with you, but am also sure you can blink out of it once the rewind has finished. How long are "rewinding" anyways - does it give a short span on invulnerability like Metamorphisi, or is it basically instant?

And Alur, re Tracer rounds, I agree. Whilst Slipstream is great, ultiately 24 seconds to 20 seconds isn't that huge a change given you'll normally use slipstream once per fight, and you are totally correct about losing track of people in bushes iand the like. Tracer has no means to scout bushes or reveal stealthed folks, which makes characters like Zeratul an ass... ;-)

rewind does take like half a second to go off, but there's no invulnerability. I think "stuck" is probably a condition like root or like the pre-root you get from xul, or the butcher target you get when he's charging. Like you are targetted is the status effect that you rewind off yourself.

Milly79

No HOTS stuff at PAX East confirmed by Blizz in that tweetchain under Matt's tweet from the other day (likely due to regionals)

He must learn to pick his words more carefully.

Or maybe you need to learn not to get hyped over a tweet that doesn't give clear info?

Alur

rewind does take like half a second to go off, but there's no invulnerability. I think "stuck" is probably a condition like root or like the pre-root you get from xul, or the butcher target you get when he's charging. Like you are targetted is the status effect that you rewind off yourself.

I don't know that it's invulnerability, but I do know if you don't time it right it will just stick with you afterwards.

And I'm not talking about blinking out of the spot afterwards either. I'm talking literally just hitting rewind and it doesn't go off on you.

I'm not sure what the actual interaction is, I just know that it works cause I've done it and had it done to me.

Ketch

yea I agree. Like it's stuck to you, you rewind, it goes with you, but it's no longer stuck, so when you move after rewinding it stays on the ground.

maybe i'm wrong, but that's what it feels like to me.

Alur

I just said I have had it not go off despite not moving, though. I think the rewind clears it somehow.

Like I've visually seen it on me after the Rewind, but it didn't go off despite me not moving an inch. I've also had it blow me up, though, but that was when I hit Rewind immediately after getting stuck instead of waiting a second.

Alur

Too bad there's not a way you can use Training Mode/Try Mode to actually test this stuff. I guess you could do custom versus each other with 4 bots on each side or something.

Alur

Apparently nothing. I assumed it would be since they used it as the platform to announce heroes releases in 2014 and 2015, as well as CyaSteve tweeting about it. RIP the dream.

scoobs

Man, winning a quick match at 3000+ mmr as illidan is borderline impossible. I either totally suck ass at the donger now (possible, haven't played much since rework) or he just can't be played effectively in quick match setting. Never have a front line, never have a support. Nightmarish.

Maledict

It's the latter - another thing to thank quick match for. Illidan is almost as strong as he was at the height of his strength early last year. He's incredibly good right now.

Maledict

Dignitas's first draft looks like ass - no idea why they are prioritising Stitches and Tassadar over other heroes on shrines, but it means Liquid got Sonya / Uther / li-Ming. Digs now slipped behind in levels, which means full on passive game until both teams are 20...

Maledict

Don't think that's how it works? If one team wins both tournaments, the second place teams in both play a best of three to determine the second qualifying spot (assuming both second place teas qualified).

EDIT: Wait, now I get it. I'm dumb. Yes, they can throw deliberately - but there's prize money at stake, and under the old rules Team Liquid wouldn't be able to qualify at all surely?

And that final game was a demonstration of how to beat the Vikings. Falstad, Dehaka *and* Zeratul against Vikings is just brutal - they just kept killing them, constantly. If you are playing vikings and you are always at least two levels behind something is going wrong.

patchday

This is awful I was enjoying the Fnatic thing on ESL but I gotta run out with family now. How can I catch the video later? Do I just go back to esl_heroes on twitch and the video will be there?

I hate that the heroes of the storm esports page doesnt just list the vids nice & simple like Riot does

I really love watching HoTS esports. The game looks so colorful and sometimes you'll get an oirignal looking team comp but even the standard comps are very fun to watch and I am learning somethings

Maledict

BTW, the silencing system is interesting. We had a hero league recently where one player was utterly toxic throughout the match (starting with the draft). Me and my friend ended up reporting him mid-game.

At the end of the game, he was silenced - which means that whatever system they have for looking at reports and acting can happen REALLY fast.

BTW, the silencing system is interesting. We had a hero league recently where one player was utterly toxic throughout the match (starting with the draft). Me and my friend ended up reporting him mid-game.

At the end of the game, he was silenced - which means that whatever system they have for looking at reports and acting can happen REALLY fast.

The game automatically silences someone for you when you report them.

So I preordered Overwatch at best buy because of GCU, I won't get Tracer till the game comes out right?

Maledict

When you report someone it automatically mutes them. Maybe it was that.

No, I mean the player gained the "This player has been silenced by Blizzard" icon they get for being reported.

EDIT: And Dig crush the finals 3-0. they are definitely Europe's top team at the moment, and they even played Abathur in the second game which I don't ever recall them doing.

Alur

Can you Dig it?!

No, I mean the player gained the "This player has been silenced by Blizzard" icon they get for being reported.

I've seen talk on reddit, and even a thread in the last few days, that suggested it took around two full teams worth of reporting (so 4 people twice) in order to get silenced. Perhaps you and whoever ticked the number up to 8 for that guy and it went.

I've been in games where all 4 of us reported someone and nothing happened, so it definitely takes more than that.

EDIT: Also, what happened to Team Liquid? I didn't get to see the matches.

Maledict

Can you Dig it?!

I've seen talk on reddit, and even a thread in the last few days, that suggested it took around two full teams worth of reporting (so 4 people twice) in order to get silenced. Perhaps you and whoever ticked the number up to 8 for that guy and it went.

I've been in games where all 4 of us reported someone and nothing happened, so it definitely takes more than that.

EDIT: Also, what happened to Team Liquid? I didn't get to see the matches.

Team Liquid were beaten by Dignitas in the semi's 3-0. The matches weren't close to be honest - at one point in the second game Dignitas were level 16 and TL were 12. Also in the third game TL pulled out the Vikings for Sky Temple, and Dignitas drafted Falstad + Dehaka + Zeratul + Johanna + Uther. You literally couldn't build a more anti-vikings team than that, and they butchered them across the map.

Have to say, Greymane was incredibly unimpressive when he was picked. didn't seem to be anywhere near as much of a threat, as people weren't taking damage from the cocktail like they used to.

Alur

Team Liquid were beaten by Dignitas in the semi's 3-0.

sad bkb is sad. Kinda surprised about mYi still, despite what the commentators said about giving them credit at the end. I've still yet to be very impressed with their actual play.

Also mac's tier list for tracer patch: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ab_CwOOxw

I never watch his videos and only give the tier list a cursory glance, but damn if I don't read the comments when he posts these things on reddit to see the salt. No tier list stirs it up quite like mcinTierlist for some reason.

Maledict

sad bkb is sad. Kinda surprised about mYi still, despite what the commentators said about giving them credit at the end. I've still yet to be very impressed with their actual play.

The replays are showing the dig V Team Liquid matches right now if you want to see them.

Re MyInsantiy, the fact is that twice now they have come second in a regional, and yet for some reason everyone always talks up Fnatic and Navi. They've beaten them twice now - and it's worth saying that Dig found Myinsanity harder than Team Liquid.

Dig seem a bit ahead of everyone else in Europe right now to be honest. They didn't drop a game this tournament, and against Team Liquid they utterly crushed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom