• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

I think you need to be winning at some point in order for it to be a throw. TS just got stomped two games in a row.

So I went and looked at Gosugamers and Snitch's Hero pool based on the last couple big events is at least.

• Falstad
  • Kael'thas
  • Jaina
  • Tyrande
  • Zeratul
  • Zagara
  • Lunara
  • Xul
  • Tassadar
  • Thrall
  • Abathur
  • Sonya
Some of those were only 1 to 3 time occurrences though.

Alur

Think so scoobs. Was kind of inevitable with the ability to split soak on a warrior. Seems like the tongue is more impactful than most of us thought too.

kirblar

Think so scoobs. Was kind of inevitable with the ability to split soak on a warrior. Seems like the tongue is more impactful than most of us thought too.
It's a combo of Muradin and Stitches' Qs. So good combo'd with other displacement.

Ketch

Drag is a heroic in other mobas, I think his ability to solo tank is what I thought was most questionable, but it looks alright.

I think tracer is gonna be Dehaka tier because of how good recall is.

also, blizzard is firing on all cylinders right now for me. Tracer is great. Hearthstone expac coming in like 2 days, and then overwatch open beta the week after that. RIP my grades.

Alur

I'm curious what she'll do competitively. Really want to see her abused by a k1pro or someone similar.

On THH Dunktrain, Arthelon, and Zoia all said they felt she'd be niche because she's likely to be easily shut down in organized games with targeted CC and burst. I guess we'll see, though. I kinda hope she's a common pick.

Syf

Banned
also, blizzard is firing on all cylinders right now for me. Tracer is great. Hearthstone expac coming in like 2 days, and then overwatch open beta the week after that. RIP my grades.
Plus a new Diablo season starts Friday. Dunno if anyone here plays but I'm hyped.

Maledict

I'm curious what she'll do competitively. Really want to see her abused by a k1pro or someone similar.

On THH Dunktrain, Arthelon, and Zoia all said they felt she'd be niche because she's likely to be easily shut down in organized games with targeted CC and burst. I guess we'll see, though. I kinda hope she's a common pick.

To be fair, and no insult intended - they have been freaking *awful* at predicting where heroes end up. I think MOBAs are too hard and too complex a genre to be able to accurately assess power.

Leoric, Johanna, Greymane, Dehaka - all were underrated on THH, all turned out to be absolutely viable and even top tier.

Again, no insult intended - I just don't think anyone can see where the meta will end up in these games.

To be fair, and no insult intended - they have been freaking *awful* at predicting where heroes end up. I think MOBAs are too hard and too complex a genre to be able to accurately assess power.

Leoric, Johanna, Greymane, Dehaka - all were underrated on THH, all turned out to be absolutely viable and even top tier.

Again, no insult intended - I just don't think anyone can see where the meta will end up in these games.

When Snitch was last on THH and went, when a new hero comes out we just look at what Zoia says and do the opposite.
Man he owned that show.

To be fair Greymane was underrated here on gaf as well.

rocK`

Banned
Is there a good/up-to-date build guide on heroes? I'm coming back to this game after brushing it off as too casual, but finding some fun it. trying as fast as i can to get out of the casual pit though.

for example, nazeebo guide would be helpful, there looks like there could be many legitimate ways to play him, but I'd rather someone else do the number crunching.

Alur

I think pretty much everyone, THH or otherwise, has been wrong multiple times though. As you said, it's hard to predict and not just a THH thing.

That said, all the points on her getting shutdown by them are the same ones made here and on Reddit. It is kind of hard to envision her getting picked ahead of last pick and not getting hard countered by the enemy. Perhaps their skill with her will counter the counters, though. Like I said, I hope so. She'll be super fucking exciting to watch.

Ketch

Is there a good/up-to-date build guide on heroes? I'm coming back to this game after brushing it off as too casual, but finding some fun it. trying as fast as i can to get out of the casual pit though.

for example, nazeebo guide would be helpful, there looks like there could be many legitimate ways to play him, but I'd rather someone else do the number crunching.

www.heroesfire.com has been the go to for hero builds for awhile. But you could also try tempostorm.com which has got a new heroes section and lots of guides written by pro players there.

Alur

My guide I started back in the alpha is the top rated Nazeebo guide on HeroesFire for better or worse. The builds are mostly up to date, though some of the commentary outside of it may be a little outdated or weird. There are some useful tips in it outside of the builds, too, though.

C9 takes Li Li. Okayyy. Hrmm.

Water dragon time.

scoobs

Guys, I think Tracer is offically the new(old) Nova. The cancer of quick match is back, in a new, slightly more OP form.

Ketch

like they didn't even try
sleeping.gif

Alur

Their confidence is looking like last summer level now. Just doesn't make sense with all that talent.

I've been telling Ketch in the twitch chat but remember that these qualifiers are utterly pointless.

I wouldn't say pointless. Getting bodied like C9 did by their most direct competition definitely has an impact both ways. It gives NVT confidence, and C9 have been floundering since Korea. They will qualify for sure, but if it's gotta be concerning for them and for viewers IMO.

I wouldn't say pointless. Getting bodied like C9 did by their most direct competition definitely has an impact both ways. It gives NVT confidence, and C9 have been floundering since Korea. They will qualify for sure, but if it's gotta be concerning for them and for viewers IMO.

*puts on tinfoil hat* That's what they want, you're not nearly preparing as much against an opponent you just convincingly beat than one that just beat you.
When was the last time we've seen them in a serious competition against each other? IIRC that was the Regional Championship where C9 soundly beat NVT.
Dunktrain wasn't even beat up it took them till the 3rd qualifier for Summer Regional #1.

Dignitas played awfully barely more than a week ago, lost to Fnatic and just shat on everyone in EU. The games are meaningless the drafts are wonky, players play like shit,... So long as you can list 4 teams that could beat you in qualifier #3 they will continue to only be worth time.

Alur

*puts on tinfoil hat* That's what they want, you're not nearly preparing as much against an opponent you just convincingly beat than one that just beat you.
When was the last time we've seen them in a serious competition against each other? IIRC that was the Regional Championship where C9 soundly beat NVT.

That's all fair and all part of the image Dunk and C9 want to portray. But at a certain point you gotta get some W's instead of L's, don't you think? Cause it's been a lot of L's to everyone the past month or so.

Serious competition or not, they have the best roster in NA according to them and most observers, yes? They should be able to brute force wins in NA just like they had in every other competition (sans one) for half a year don't you think? Whether they prepared for specific teams or not IMO.

Dunktrain wasn't even beat up it took them till the 3rd qualifier for Summer Regional #1.

Dunktrain always plays that shit though. He thinks he's the most clever mfer in the land. What else is he supposed to say? "We tore up boyz." They knew they'd qualify. All of the wheels being wobbly makes what happens after they qualify a lot more questionable than we would have ever expected a few months back, though, when they were clear favorites with no one touching them.

Dignitas played awfully barely more than a week ago, lost to Fnatic and just shat on everyone in EU. The games are meaningless the drafts are wonky, players play like shit,... So long as you can list 4 teams that could beat you in qualifier #3 they will continue to only be worth time.

I don't think you can compare what happens with C9 and NA to really anyone in EU. EU has been a mess since Road to Blizzcon last year. The only sure constant is that when a real LAN event happens, Dignitas wins. Beyond that, it's a shit show and a gamble on who will be playing, what team they'll be playing on, and who will win.

C9 won everything in NA on sunny and cloudy days since the Town Hall Invitational last year. Like not even close 99% of the time, til they stumbled at Heroes Rising. Then right back to dominating again. Now, though? Just limping along. I feel like it's pretty fair to question what's changed and what's going on considering the somewhat unpopular roster change + what we know about their lack of practice + them getting outdrafted + the decision making and throws. Like it's not just one aspect of their game that's suffering, it's everything.

EDIT: It's also possible that all of their struggles are simply due to NA catching up to them. Maybe they are just plain getting outworked, I dunno. But I find it hard to brush off. If I was Jack I'd be like WTF Dunk. It's been a rough month for a team held in such high esteem.

That's all fair and all part of the image Dunk and C9 want to portray. But at a certain point you gotta get some W's instead of L's, don't you think? Cause it's been a lot of L's to everyone the past month or so.

Serious competition or not, they have the best roster in NA according to them and most observers, yes? They should be able to brute force wins in NA just like they had in every other competition (sans one) for half a year don't you think? Whether they prepared for specific teams or not IMO.

There haven't been many lan events and outside of that barely any where there was even money on the line. In all but Heroes Rising of the Lan Events C9 had a better record than NVT if they didn't outright beat them. They got W's that mattered and the L's that didn't. They had the best roster, now there's serious contention over multiple teams, or there was till the blaze fiasco.

Dunktrain always plays that shit though. He thinks he's the most clever mfer in the land. What else is he supposed to say? "We tore up boyz." They knew they'd qualify.

Idk other players have been very upfront with issues, heck remember when Snitch admitted they were talentgated on Diablo in a competitive game. Baker admitted Athero was forced to take over shotcalling because adrd was being a bitch. He's not supposed to say anything but he doesn't need to cover anything up.

I don't think you can compare what happens with C9 and NA to really anyone in EU. EU has been a mess since Road to Blizzcon last year. The only sure constant is that when a real LAN event happens, Dignitas wins. Beyond that, it's a shit show and a gamble on who will be playing, what team they'll be playing on, and who will win.

C9 won everything in NA on sunny and cloudy days since the Town Hall Invitational last year. Like not even close 99% of the time, til they stumbled at Heroes Rising. Then right back to dominating again. Now, though? Just limping along. I feel like it's pretty fair to question what's changed and what's going on considering the somewhat unpopular roster change + what we know about their lack of practice + them getting outdrafted + the decision making and throws. Like it's not just one aspect of their game that's suffering, it's everything.

Dignitas hasn't been part of the rostercalypse since early february. The rostercalypse has been over for a while to be specific since the spring championship there've only been sensible changes, which might come up again now that Summer Regional 1 is done.
Obviously teams caught up that was bound to happen eventually, hopefully that will soon happen to MVP and Dignitas as well.

I'm not down on any teams just down on the qualifiers. The only thing on the line for the event is not having to play for half a day the next time.
That being said there should also be at least a small price pool, ingame credit for top 16 or something and a couple k for the rest.

Speaking about Dig, I really think Snitch is a huge part of their success. He plays so many heroes and all of them great to well.

Ketch

To me it seems like they don't give a shit. Like they're not gonna practice or really try until there's real money on the line. Like they could be content with getting 4/5 at worlds repeatedly because it's a pretty easy day job.

I really dislike sky temple in competitive play nowadays. There's just no bouncing back if you fall behind in structures.
It's like Tomb of the Spider Queen if you'd lose all your gems if your opponent turned in.

mYi finally going to be recognized from dark horse to solid 2nd in region.

Alur

To me it seems like they don't give a shit. Like they're not gonna practice or really try until there's real money on the line. Like they could be content with getting 4/5 at worlds repeatedly because it's a pretty easy day job.

I don't think they are content for 4th/5th at worlds, but I think it's possible they are like "well, we still get paid" if it turns out that way depending on what their base salaries are.

They certainly appear to not give a shit, though. We know they didn't practice much before Korea, and their results post Korea have been even worse so /shrug. It's more frustrating as a viewer than anything because they are/were the best shot, IMO, from the other non Asian regions. Now it seems like Dignitas is the most steady hand left.

mYi finally going to be recognized from dark horse to solid 2nd in region.

I guess they'll have to. I still haven't found their play all that impressive, but they are getting results. Slow and steady wins the day I guess? Everyone else has the name players and hype, but fall flat.

EDIT: Wow. I just got into a QM game with no Tracer.

Ketch

god damnit this game is so frustrating sometimes

like try to explain to people that we need another front liner when we have KT/Lunara and their like nah solo tank artanis is fine.

8 deaths later that's another HL loss. fml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom