• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

Did I miss a buff or why are people afraid of Kael again? Thought his rework was kind of meh.

Yeh he got buffed like 2 patches ago
Rework was pretty good i feel like most ppl were glad about it

One of the bigger changes in the buff patch was making dq only useful for the radius increase, really great change

Altairre

How do you build him now? After the rework it seemed like the AA build was fairly popular but that just feels weird on a hero like Kael.

brian!

There are multiple viable ways to build him now which is one of the nice things about the rework. The build i like is a ew focused build: fel, nether, e dmg amp, w/e, pyro or backdraft, sun king, dunno

But there are a good amount of options. Mana addict is good, e cd reduc, the extra auto dmg on d, lots of stuff going on now. Even the q focused builds are decent if you get help, some thing like mana addict + mana return + q talents can let you be really terrifying if you have good protection. Which reminds me, they gave his q a base 10% increase in range as well

That's what most everyone said initially. Turns out most everyone here, on reddit, and in the pro scene can't gauge hero power level from straight patch notes very well.

i maintain the belief that people were not used to Kael not being OP, Blizzard included.

brian!

They should be careful not to nerf kael too much, like while the last nerf doesnt do much to quell him he should see an organic decline once the meta becomes less melee heavy. Releases like dehaka empower kael and tracer devalues him (unsure about tracer in higher play + a couple of weeks for ppl to get used to not being baited by her nonstop), so itd be cool to see what the next hero brings and what changes to other heroes do to kael. Im sure jaina will see a buff at some point, tho she is a bit underrated

What id really like to see is reverting auto damage on mages back to what it was

Ketch

My gut feeling is that spacial echo is a bit of a problem, but that removing it won't lower her down to balanced levels. I think ultimately they will have to look at her damage - they don't have many knobs to turn with Tracer compared to most heroes, so it's either mobility or damage. Damage is far easier to tune and keeps the theme of the character intact, whilst mobility opens a can of worms and potentially wrecks the feel of the character.

(They could increase the delay on blink charges a bit as well I guess?).

They have all kinds of knobs to tune on tracer, outside of the normal cd hp and % changes to talents, they also have reload speed, ammo per clip, charge rate, how far recall sends her back, and what debuffs recall removes.

I would nerf her by increasing cd on recall to 30secs baseline, 24 with the talent, make it so it doesn't remove damage over time effects until you get the lvl 20 talent. reduce charge rate so it takes a lot longer to get the heroic, and then buff charge rate talents so they're competitive and put them at 1,7, and 20 to compete with recall talents.

Her issue is very similar to li mings in that you can just use all your abilities on cd without ever really being punished for being bad at it.

Compare that to a heroes like Jaina, kaelthas, nova, zera, or butcher, where if you use an ability at the wrong time you just die, and it's clear that these heroes that are supposed to be high skill are actually the lowest skill

I also got back into Hearthstone with standard meaning I don't have to buy all the adventures and MTGO being expensive af. Coincidentally I got WoD the moment I logged into Hearthstone on my phone, Blizzard takes their cross promotion seriously.

Gravity Lapse is always gonna bother me on KT, it's too good for an assassin of that much dps.

Maledict

Kael's issue was that his rework was really good in terms of talents, but the numbers didn't work out at all. as soon as they pumped the numbers he was immediately playable again (even if certain EU teams didn't realise that at our first summer qualifier... ). I don't like the AA build apart from the 16 talent Sun King's fury. Otherwise I go for the gravity lapse talents and pyromaniac at 13.

But realistically, there's a number of ways to run him. Dignitas have been using a weird trait / flamestrike hybrid build to great success. His talent system is in a good place, and there seems to be a hell of a lot of variety all round.

Ketch

Lol what the hell coaches will be allowed on comms during summer regional games

Oh nm there's a caveat that it's up to blizzard? Dont fully understand anything going on in this situation

They do that in other games, where the coaches can listen in but can't talk. Makes them actually able to take notes and do coach stuff in between games.

brian!

Oh yeah i dont mind that, a lot of games record the coms too, i was thinking it was them watching over their shoulders and shotcalling, calling missing, etc.

Alur

Got OW early open beta access keys in my e-mail. Didn't know they were coming this early.

Got one extra for one of you HOTSGAFers if anyone didn't pre-order and wants to join in on the extra 2 or 3 days of fun. Just quote me or PM me and I'll hook ya up.

So now that I've had a couple games with Tracer she is just as bad as Li Ming was come release, well not ass of johanna levels but close. You just can't be punished.

Got the bundle, I'm weak.

Altairre

So now that I've had a couple games with Tracer she is just as bad as Li Ming was come release, well not ass of johanna levels but close. You just can't be punished.

Got the bundle, I'm weak.

It's even dumber with her lvl 20 talent. I was scouting a camp and saw that three people were just about to finish it up. Killed one with a bomb, shot at the other two a bit and recalled to full health. To be fair they made the mistake of trying to run away at that point which is not what you should be doing. They might have been able to force me to retreat had they continued to attack.

Maledict

It's even dumber with her lvl 20 talent. I was scouting a camp and saw that three people were just about to finish it up. Killed one with a bomb, shot at the other two a bit and recalled to full health. To be fair they made the mistake of trying to run away at that point which is not what you should be doing. They might have been able to force me to retreat had they continued to attack.

Yep - the only reason to run from tracer is if there's a fort etc. near bye you can get too. Otherwise all you is play to her strength and cripple yourself. Stand and fight and force her to use recall - she has less health than almost anyone, and outside of his ult very low burst. A single living bomb from Kael can push her out if you also attack (especially if you go the AA talent at 9 as well as 16).

She's quite like Illidan in that respect - there's no point running unless you have something close by to run to.

Altairre

Yep - the only reason to run from tracer is if there's a fort etc. near bye you can get too. Otherwise all you is play to her strength and cripple yourself. Stand and fight and force her to use recall - she has less health than almost anyone, and outside of his ult very low burst. A single living bomb from Kael can push her out if you also attack (especially if you go the AA talent at 9 as well as 16).

She's quite like Illidan in that respect - there's no point running unless you have something close by to run to.

Yeah I think that is also something that will change once people have more experience playing against tracer. You guys play a lot more and are way better at the game so that might be happening already in your matches. Where I'm at people can't deal with her at all for the most part.

Altairre

Explain then, why I'm still hearing Ban Morales or Focus Morales please.
Or why a Hammer pick goes unpunished.

The answer is
Scrubleague

You're upper tier Scrubleague though.

Oh and fuck free Nova week. Every single game I played today had at least one in it. Kind of hilarious that they kept using triple tap on me as Tracer though. That shit don't work yo.

Celegus

You'd think people at rank 10 would understand that suggesting a hero in lobby doesn't mean you are forced to play it. We suggested Thrall as our last pick, the guy then feeds 12 deaths (the rest of us were ~3 by the end) and blames us for forcing him to play a character he's not good at. I just don't get how some people even ranked up this high, but it's been happening every time lately.

Schuhu

Neo Member
You'd think people at rank 10 would understand that suggesting a hero in lobby doesn't mean you are forced to play it. We suggested Thrall as our last pick, the guy then feeds 12 deaths (the rest of us were ~3 by the end) and blames us for forcing him to play a character he's not good at. I just don't get how some people even ranked up this high, but it's been happening every time lately.

The blizzard Rank does not represent skill at all, after hitting rank 1 you're like gold mmr or something? A lot of room to the top

OK - this game is basically unplayable for me now which makes me sad. About 50% of the games I join, roughly 1-5 minutes into the game, HOTS will freeze up for 4-5 seconds. It'll show me as briefly disconnected. Then, once I'm back all the way, I have a permanent 2-second stutter with the little "bad connection" icon appearing in the top left of the screen. It only goes away if I totally drop the game and reload AFTER the current game ends... but then about half the time, it'll reoccur again in the next match.

Internet is working fine. No other games or services lag. PC isn't having any issues, RAM/CPU usage isn't maxed out, etc. No changes to software or hardware that I can think of in the past 6-12 months. My PC ran HOTS previously at locked 60 FPS with nearly max settings.

The issue is so bad that I'ma huge liability in ARAM or QM or HL. I only play AI right now to keep up with quests. Anyone have any clue what might be going on? This has been on-going for weeks. I thought it might be related to the server/region issues, but I thought those were cleared up months ago (and they never impacted me anyway at that time)?

Milly79

OK - this game is basically unplayable for me now which makes me sad. About 50% of the games I join, roughly 1-5 minutes into the game, HOTS will freeze up for 4-5 seconds. It'll show me as briefly disconnected. Then, once I'm back all the way, I have a permanent 2-second stutter with the little "bad connection" icon appearing in the top left of the screen. It only goes away if I totally drop the game and reload AFTER the current game ends... but then about half the time, it'll reoccur again in the next match.

Internet is working fine. No other games or services lag. PC isn't having any issues, RAM/CPU usage isn't maxed out, etc. No changes to software or hardware that I can think of in the past 6-12 months. My PC ran HOTS previously at locked 60 FPS with nearly max settings.

The issue is so bad that I'ma huge liability in ARAM or QM or HL. I only play AI right now to keep up with quests. Anyone have any clue what might be going on? This has been on-going for weeks. I thought it might be related to the server/region issues, but I thought those were cleared up months ago (and they never impacted me anyway at that time)?

I wouldn't say that it's been unplayable for me, but it definitely has gotten a lot laggier lately. Yesterday I was freezing for 2 secs at a time. Everything else works during these times as well.

Celegus

Hey guys, anyone notice how good Dehaka is? I've been straight murdering fools with the Zerg
Is he good to solo queue though? He seemed like you'd need some kind of teamwork skills to really pay off. Has he even been on free week yet or did I miss it?

scoobs

Is he good to solo queue though? He seemed like you'd need some kind of teamwork skills to really pay off. Has he even been on free week yet or did I miss it?

He can solo tank and hold his own regardless of teamwork. Very tanky due to his heals. He reminds me of a more mobile Diablo, you can set up so many ganks. SO MANY

Zackat

Did they close another server again? Getting put on a server that is far away would cause lag.

Milly79

5prNIdv.jpg

#qmlyfe

That happened to me right after the wolf guy release , I cant play the game anymore without freezes or intense lag

patchday

In qm or hl? You just need to stun her to interrupt the beam then focus her or the squishy.

It was quickmatch earlier today. We had a muradin but he was too awful; so he never did once jump into their backline to stun Morales.

Yeah in HL I would just ban or try to counter. For instance, I'd play Muradin and even I have the good sense to hop into their backline and stun Morales

Tracer tho.... I guess shes a lot easier to kill w/o morales backing her up

Earlier in qm I was up against a Tracer/Morales as Li ming.

I wouldn't say that it's been unplayable for me, but it definitely has gotten a lot laggier lately. Yesterday I was freezing for 2 secs at a time. Everything else works during these times as well.

Did they close another server again? Getting put on a server that is far away would cause lag.

That happened to me right after the wolf guy release , I cant play the game anymore without freezes or intense lag

I don't think they've changed any server stuff that I know of. But damn, wtf Blizzard. This is just bizarre. Never had anything like this so suddenly pop-up in any online game as far as I can remember.

Alur

Isn't Morales OpieOP in lower tiers, though, due to the severe lack of focus on any target? I'm surprised Illidan is even a problem there, to be honest. Even at my own tier the majority of them just feed unless properly supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom