• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

No doubt he does that, but most of the time he also punishes himself in my experience in the same way a Zera picking Shadow Assault does unless he's part of a duo with the support. I've even seen Morales banned above 3k mmr FWIW, though I'm talking mid ban not first ban in that scenario.

EDIT: Regardless, feel your pain on dumb things. Unfortunately seems to be a byproduct of these games/this game and playing with 2/3/4 random people who have 51 different heroes to choose from. Similar frustrations (for different reasons) in my bracket, just like on the pros/Twitch streamers streams you see them raging and complaining about dumb stuff they see too. The only real thing you can count on moving up the brackets is generally less toxicity and less afk's/dc's from your teammates. Those are admirable things to have, though, from my relatively small experience in the 1700-2300 bracket and seeing toxicity and people quitting every third game.

Zackat

I'm about to give this paragon game a try. My friend already played it and he said it was slow as hell. I imagine I will come away thinking the same thing.

Alur

I got in the beta thing this weekend but haven't even downloaded it. I watched it on stream a few times, not a huge fan of the graphics and the weird deck system. Prefer Smite's graphics, which is not saying much, because I don't like Smite's graphics.

Zackat

not a fan either, only reason I am trying it out is because my friend is thinking about playing it when it releases. Figured I'd give it a game or two

You also have to download another launcher, which already made me annoyed.

Ketch

You know what game was sick and didn't get the audience it deserved? Super Monday Night Combat. That game was great.

Zackat

That game is not a fan of my computer for right now, and we all played like garbage. Those games are gonna take over an hour when you get good guys playing. Took 40 minutes there for noobs.

Alur

You know what game was sick and didn't get the audience it deserved?

Heroes of the Storm? EDIT: Also Final Fantasy Tactics.

That game is not a fan of my computer for right now, and we all played like garbage. Those games are gonna take over an hour when you get good guys playing. Took 40 minutes there for noobs.

You talking about Ketch's game or Paragon here?

I hate hate HATE Booty Bay. It's like the reverse snowball map and I always get stuck on the team with the idiot that wants to dry hump the turn-in no matter what. Does the other team have enough coins to turn in for the objective? Doesn't matter. Is the other team pulling ahead in terms of exp because of dry humping the turn-in? Doesn't matter. Gotta guard the turn-in.

It feels like Alpha watch tower fights.

Alur

It is the new watch tower fight, unfortunately.

For me, despite my optimism the new changes to Garden of Terror took a bad thing and made it worse. The terror is useless most of the time pre-20 in my experience. Just a shitshow all around.

Ketch

yea. the thing is i like everything about that map except for the garden terror.

nobody wants to not be the hero they picked, like the terrors should just do the thing on their own like grave golems or immortals.

I just wish they could change the layout of Blackheart Bay so that turn-in wasn't such an exp void. It literally feels like Haunted Mines and always being on the team that doesn't know how or when to group to enter the mines so you're just behind no matter what from the first objective fight. The other team just snowballs.

Sometimes the shared exp design frustrates me. If exp was individual and these players were level 2 while everyone else was level 6, then thy might clue in. It's not like this is going to change but I wish there was a better way to illustrate (lack of) exp gain to players.

The old plant and run on Garden was annoying but the Terror is even more worthless without it. Sometimes I drop the pot--because some people still focus it--, just try to polymorph a squishy, kill them and run to the next lane to wait out the pot CD and repeat. I can't really do a lot of siege 1v4/1v5, but I can try and give my team a small numbers advantage before I have to run so I don't feed at the end.

Cursed Hollow is like the best out of all the older maps. I like the Garden and DK maps but I don't like the objectives. Almost wish they could lift from the newer Diablo maps for automated Terror and DK redesigns.

Zackat

You talking about Ketch's game or Paragon here?

Sorry I was talking about Paragon there. I posted that then went to sleep. The graphics are pretty, and I really like the presentation. But once again buying items is just.... ehh. I don't like having to deal with it. I suppose you kind of get used to it eventually, just like every game.

It for real feels more like a slow paced 3rd person shooter than anything else. If they balanced it so things moved a little quicker that game would be really good I think. Like getting out to your lane is SO slow. The movement speed feels glacial. Why more games don't take advantage of mounts like HoTS I don't know. Seems like easy income as well.

The gameplay was fun, but my abilities felt like they didn't really have the umph that they should. Whether this was because I didn't build my character correctly or because that is just how the game is balanced I am not sure. Nobody else could hardly kill me either with how low the damage was, and I played an assassin-type.

Now that I think about it more it definitely moves so slow so that there can be crossplay between PC and PS4. If it was more twitchy PC players would dominate so hard.

patchday

Sorry I was talking about Paragon there. I posted that then went to sleep. The graphics are pretty, and I really like the presentation. But once again buying items is just.... ehh. I don't like having to deal with it. I suppose you kind of get used to it eventually, just like every game.

It for real feels more like a slow paced 3rd person shooter than anything else. If they balanced it so things moved a little quicker that game would be really good I think. Like getting out to your lane is SO slow. The movement speed feels glacial. Why more games don't take advantage of mounts like HoTS I don't know. Seems like easy income as well.

The gameplay was fun, but my abilities felt like they didn't really have the umph that they should. Whether this was because I didn't build my character correctly or because that is just how the game is balanced I am not sure. Nobody else could hardly kill me either with how low the damage was, and I played an assassin-type.

Now that I think about it more it definitely moves so slow so that there can be crossplay between PC and PS4. If it was more twitchy PC players would dominate so hard.

You know Paragon has Travel speed mode though right? It's their equivalent of mounts.

Rest of your comments were spot on

Syf

Banned
why can't I just put my current dh in valla's place? wouldn't be op I swear
what's wrong with five sentries all firing multishot? kappa

Alur

Oh, I assumed the answer was always Arthelon :p

I bet they wish it was that simple. Seems to be a bigger issue at this point, but /shrug.

Eh? I thought Blaze disbanded? Or was that just a hissyfit?

Their players left, yes. He said he was stepping back til he found a team that really wanted to play under the Blaze banner, IIRC...and then I guess he did.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hi my name is Data and Diablo 3 and Hearthstone killed my Heroes team

You know what game was sick and didn't get the audience it deserved? Super Monday Night Combat. That game was great.

I seem to recall them getting shit about fucking up the game with transactions down the line or something? I played that game and the original on 360 a lot for a while.

Alur

C9 stomparino'd them the next two. All is right in the world. Now they face based Udall and GFE.

These GFE throws.

EDIT: ROFL holy fucking shit at that Arthelon BM at the end with Abathur. Hilarious.

Alur

What's the series?

And what did he do?

1-0 right now. They wiped 4 of GFE and rushed core. He Z'd in with Abathur and used the new dance emote change to BM dance (basically like B-stepping, but doing the worm with Abathur) all around the core while their Rehgar chased him and tried to kill him. Was freaking hilarious. It looked like he was doing push ups.

Maledict

To be fair, Azmodan is actually decent against Illidan. He has no way of interrupting the laser, the globe will massively chunk him, and Azmodan can take imposing presence at 16 which is always a joy against him (not sure why they didn't).

C9 really struggling at the ,moment though - feels like they are crawling over the finishing line every time right now. I know they play much better at LAN events than online, but you do have to wonder how their scrims are going.

Alur

Not sure what happened one time to NaVi has to do with what continues to happen with C9 but okay.

EDIT: Perhaps Michael Udall is truly the hero we deserve. RIP C9 again.

Zackat

Michael Udall the gawd.

You know Paragon has Travel speed mode though right? It's their equivalent of mounts.

Rest of your comments were spot on

That thing when you hit shift or whatever? It was faster yeah but still pretty slow. They just got some work to do on that game. I should probably post that thing in the paragon thread huh.

Alur

They'll make some moves if it continues, for sure. They don't lack talent, they are just too arrogant. While Snitch and Bakery talk about Dignitas working 10,000x harder than they did before Korea and it shows in the results...C9 does ????

C9 has poached before. They'll do it again if they have to. Can't say for sure they have to do anything yet, but it's ugly right now. The parity is awesome as a viewer, though. Gonna suck come the Summer global for NA though if they don't wake up.

kirblar

To be fair, Azmodan is actually decent against Illidan. He has no way of interrupting the laser, the globe will massively chunk him, and Azmodan can take imposing presence at 16 which is always a joy against him (not sure why they didn't).

C9 really struggling at the ,moment though - feels like they are crawling over the finishing line every time right now. I know they play much better at LAN events than online, but you do have to wonder how their scrims are going.
Oh, no, wasn't trying to imply someone screwed up, Azmodan is a very good counterpick for Illidan, it's been done before. Great heads-up from Udall's crew.

Did C9 really give an already proven team the perfect Illidan comp?

Illidan + BW and Tassadar shouldn't happen. Illidan + BW, Tass and KT is Ludicrous and getting a counterpick denied in Muradin?

What are they drafting.

patchday

That thing when you hit shift or whatever? It was faster yeah but still pretty slow. They just got some work to do on that game. I should probably post that thing in the paragon thread huh.

Ah I understand what you meant now then thanks for the reply

Yeah I posted some feedback in the Paragon thread myself too but it's all good I enjoyed reading your post

Ketch

chogall is fucking stupid hero.

like wtf are you supposed to do against that shit in QM? if you dont have the right heroes you just lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom