• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need an MMR reset at this point I feel like babysitting in HL. Pinging Nova, pinging tracer hearthing in a bush at next to zero health, pinging exposed keep when 4 of them are dead, pinging retreat when opponents are deathballing and roaming, pinging retreat when they are pushing despite Nova being behind them. All to no avail, someone literally asked me what overextending meant.

No more HL for me.

Altairre

I'm getting used to pinging shit all the time now because it seems my team will listen to it more often than when I just use chat. At least it works fairly well for merc camps. Nobody ever listens to retreat pings though.

Alur

I've seen Deathwing, then Chromie, now Ysera. The only real thing we have is the shadow and the might be real gif title some Russian dudes found so I have no clue.

If I had my choice I'd pick Ysera and hope for support.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While the below is Ysera's headdress, it's worth considering that Chromie never had a unique dragon form built.

AuGITe9.jpg

If this is something that multiple female dragons just wear in general, it might not be her.

Alur

Dread said there's two things he severely dislikes. He has some weird thoughts on game design in general (IIRC he railed on quest talents for like an hour or two on stream when those patch notes came out), so my guess would be it's something coming that's casual friendly.

Now I get to hate Tracer in two games! I don't play ranked in HotS but I will in Overwatch. 2-3 Tracers on so many teams. Defending, no support or builder? Tracer. No Tank hero? Tracer. Is there already a Tracer? Tracer. Are there two Tracers? Not enough Tracer.

Alur

Was telling Ketch earlier, if you think she's annoying in HOTS log into Overwatch and you'll feel a little better about it.

Alur

Roadhog in general is pretty great. Wish he wasn't so redundant to Stitches, would like to see him in HOTS.

Svafnir

I'm getting real frustrated by Hero League. You can only go so many games where you are top damage and have 0 deaths and the rest of your team is 5 deaths each and picking absolutely ridiculous comps.

Like I can't always blame my team but this recent fall from rank 1 to rank 6. You bet I am blaming the losing streak on my team. I really wish their was mechanics to promote single play more... that's the thing that is missing the most from Dota and LoL... you just can't carry in Heroes.

Maledict

It's weird - it feels like something has changed in hero league. I know they hot fixed it last week, but you aren't the only player to have plummeted in rank recently. Even BKB was down to rank 5

kirblar

Would make sense to unveil the hero on Thursday in order to give it and Dreamhack a spotlight before it gets buried under an avalanche of other news.

Zackat

Dread said there's two things he severely dislikes. He has some weird thoughts on game design in general (IIRC he railed on quest talents for like an hour or two on stream when those patch notes came out), so my guess would be it's something coming that's casual friendly.

If Dread dislikes it, does this mean that the general gaming populace will like it? I haven't kept track of his salt very well, admittedly.

Alur

The things I've seen him dislike I've liked. Same for the things Dunk dislikes, TBH. Typically they are often complaints about simplifying/dumbing things down or, in Dunk's case, alternate ways to play. Dunno how that translates to the HOTS populace at large, though.

Maledict

Dread is normally on point to be fair, it's just a few things he dislikes as a pro player that are good for the general game. The only one I can really think of is his dislike of quest talents from the latest patch (which turned out to not be impactful at all in the end).

Will be interesting to see what it's all about - it's clearly some fairly major stuff given the number of people they flew out. They aren't going that for a new battle ground or event - heck, I doubt it's just for the change in the ranking system either. I still think it's something fundamental to the game.

(Replacement of quick match mode with blind pick - woohoo!)

Alur

Don't think they'd fly them out for Arena mode either. We already knew about it. It might be part of it, though.

It should be a sea change, and if they do all this and it doesn't included Season 1 ready to go in that sea change...there's gonna be a lot more salt in the sea.

Syf

Banned
I mean Jake's tweet suggests there's more than one or two new things to be excited about so maybe

I think season roll and GM/ladder rework are the most likely things but no idea what else would be

Alur

I just hope that (A) we really know on Friday and (B) it's not like another 2 or 3 months before the shit comes out. I want it within the month once it's announced.

Zackat

I mean Jake's tweet suggests there's more than one or two new things to be excited about so maybe

I think season roll and GM/ladder rework are the most likely things but no idea what else would be

UI changes are probably a certain thing. I wonder if they are going to add some esport things into the actual client. I know many people were clamoring for this at one point, though it has kind of died down a little as of late. Was there ever an outright denial that they couldn't do this?

Hopefully they add more profile/portrait customization options. The portraits they give you in Overwatch even would be sweet to have for HotS. Like the Li Ming, Sonya, Valla, Kerrigan, Arthas, Sylvanas, Murky and Nazeebo ones that look plain awesome and they are not even in HotS.

Actually there are a ton from HotS designed heroes. So I don't even know, more than I even listed there.

brian!

Dread is normally on point to be fair, it's just a few things he dislikes as a pro player that are good for the general game. The only one I can really think of is his dislike of quest talents from the latest patch (which turned out to not be impactful at all in the end).

Will be interesting to see what it's all about - it's clearly some fairly major stuff given the number of people they flew out. They aren't going that for a new battle ground or event - heck, I doubt it's just for the change in the ranking system either. I still think it's something fundamental to the game.

(Replacement of quick match mode with blind pick - woohoo!)

Quest talent is a realistic concern but wont really come into play until the numbers are right for it to be a problem (as dread has stated, either it's underwhelming or it fux with the entire balance of the game by dispersing meaningful power spikes), mana addict is kind of treading this territory

Maledict

Noooooooooooooo.

I instinctively dislike roster swaps now afte the devastation it's caused EU. Particularly when Dig seemed to be doing really, really well meshing as a team.

Ketch

I bet the big announcement is just another hero, maybe the next two heroes.

I don't believe in a fun HL any more.

Alur

Noooooooooooooo.

I instinctively dislike roster swaps now afte the devastation it's caused EU. Particularly when Dig seemed to be doing really, really well meshing as a team.

Yeah, why do that when you are dominating? Makes no sense. Maybe in the long term, but in the short term it could be disastrous.

I bet the big announcement is just another hero, maybe the next two heroes.

There's no way it's just a couple heroes. They wouldn't pay all that money to get those dudes out there just to show em some hero trailers.

Noooooooooooooo.

Their reason given was to challenge the asians and that they don't care if they lose consistency for dreamhack since they are already qualified.
Also lacking ambition/motivation from Wubby was cited.

Maledict

The reason apparently is that after winning Poland Wubby really stopped caring so much about winning, and as we know Bakery really wants to challenge the Asian teams. So they make the change now so that it can be bed in by the time Sweden rolls round.

Now personally I'm of the view that all these teams are too short on patience, and that you needs months of playing together before a team really gels. But clearly they thought it enough of an issue that they had to make a roster change now.

kirblar

The reason apparently is that after winning Poland Wubby really stopped caring so much about winning, and as we know Bakery really wants to challenge the Asian teams. So they make the change now so that it can be bed in by the time Sweden rolls round.

Now personally I'm of the view that all these teams are too short on patience, and that you needs months of playing together before a team really gels. But clearly they thought it enough of an issue that they had to make a roster change now.
Oh, he pulled an Arthelon.

That's the correct solution.

Alur

What does the ESPN partnership have to do with anything?

And I don't get how you wouldn't be surprised. They literally flew dudes from Europe to headquarters. Not just NA guys. This is going to be big news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom