• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

I do think a huge chunk of the HOTS playerbase will be taking a month long break from the game to dig into Overwatch. Lot of crossover with these two games.

Kind of a bummer for HOTS but it'll probably be fine

Milly79

Fuck. That's not good.

OW was having massive drops for me so I updated for the first time since Jan. Hope it doesn't wreck heroes...

Alur

The driver update before the DOOM update did the same thing to Heroes for me. Massive stuttering, frames dropping, alt+tabbing causing mini disconnects when you tabbed back in.

I had to revert my driver back to whatever older one I had. Not sure what the issue is or was, but it was smooth as butter again after reverting.

daaaamn June 14th :/

i'm guessing that's also when Medivh will prob release?

Should be I'm guessing.

Ronabo

I just faced a nightmare comp for my Murky.

Tracer
Dehaka
Li-Ming
Lunara
Rexxar

Amazingly my team and I pulled out the win. It was really bad early though. I died 6 times total which is a lot for me as Murky.

kirblar

One thing that surprised me when jumping back into HL - the amount of times that Malfurion was 100% the correct ban in Phase 2.

kirblar

is that to avoid comps that huddle together? i havent used malf in a long while, trying to think of reasons to pick him over other supports.
It's because he's very good in long drawn out engagements. If you're playing a poke-oriented team he's normally the best support to grab in response (at lower levels of play, anyway.)

Milly79

lRBi9TZ.jpg

Dem stats doe. unnnnnnnf

Maledict

I return to the hell that is solo ranked queue. Johanna who doesn't take Knight Versus Pawn, a Zeratul who dies 11 times and fails absolutely to ever get kills, a Xul who is always out of position and ganked, and a team that ignores Sylvanas split pushing to get them an early 2 level lead.

I make a valiant defense out of it, but the third terror down an open lane was too much with two folks dead.

I'm so looking forward to unranked draft, I think it will solve so many of my issues with this game - I utterly *loathe* the current system. I hate the trepidation of going into a match, and the fact that one single shitty game can drop you a rank. Unranked draft is going to be so much fun simply because you'll get semi-okay teams but won't have to stress about losing rank.

Roll on June 17th!

Alur

Dunk is streaming while walking on a treadmill? Wut? Or maybe just walking in place at his new standing desk? Either way, respect. I'd just stand still at important moments in the game lol

Roll on June 17th!

Isn't it June the 14th? I know initially the streamers said 17th, but the 14th is that week's Tuesday. 17th is Friday.

Anyway, re: unranked draft - once the new ranked system comes out you won't have to worry about dropping a rank (or gaining one) quickly either though.

Alur

I don't think I could play and walk without falling down cause I'd get caught up in a moment and try to stand still.

Alur

He's already walked 3 miles he just said. Got a bit of a ways to go to get into Ragnar Lothbrok shape, but he has the hair already.

EDIT: LMAO. He just answered a question about why Rich was so good with some variation on "he practiced 1 hour" before giving a real answer.

Have we had any confirmation on unranked draft date? Milly thought it was in the June update IIRC, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

Maledict

He's already walked 3 miles he just said. Got a bit of a ways to go to get into Ragnar Lothbrok shape, but he has the hair already.

EDIT: LMAO. He just answered a question about why Rich was so good with some variation on "he practiced 1 hour" before giving a real answer.

Have we had any confirmation on unranked draft date? Milly thought it was in the June update IIRC, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

The one hour thing has been a joke on two episodes of THH and last weeks state the nexus. It was almost the first thing Dunk said last week on THH. I really have no idea why Zoia was getting so salty about it as it's clear all the pros think he was an idiot being stupid.

Tried the AoE ult on Chromie for the first time and while the oneshot potential is significantly less, it makes for a heck of a nuisance in objective fights. It drains so little mana I even used it to both scout and delay when doing boss attempts.

Ketch

Well I just wrote a 6 page paper in like 2 hours. That's a new record for me.

Didn't know it was a 6 page paper due, and didn't know it was due tonight.

I DRANK SO MUCH MOTHER FUCKIN COFFEE JUST NOW
P79sPZL.gif

edit: Also, probably fucking failed that assignment big time LOL.

Maximus.

Quick Match is a suck a joke. Ranked is almost no better, I just can't believe how many bad players or people who don't give a fuck play this game :/

Quick Match is a suck a joke. Ranked is almost no better, I just can't believe how many bad players or people who don't give a fuck play this any game :/

Fixed that for you. Because every complaint you could level against Heroes of the Storm and its player base, be it Quick Match or Hero League, you could against Overwatch. Or Dota. Or LoL. Or Left 4 Dead. Or Team Fortress 2. Or any multiplayer game ever. Competitive, cooperative, it doesn't matter.

I'm playing Overwatch and there are games where people just don't give a fuck about team comp or the objective. It's almost like Blizzard made a mistake by making a team/objective based shooter when so many people just want to clearly play Team Deathmatch because everyone is Tracer/Genji/McCreed/Hanzo/Reaper and no one wants to play as Tjornborn, Symmetra, Mercy or a tank that will help you actually win.

HotS Quick Match is often better than Quick Play in Overwatch, in my experience anyways, but then all I do is queue as Chromie in QM.

brian!

You can change characters in overwatch so it's kind of a different dynamic.

Dunno if itd be better or worse w/ hero select/bans though, prob worse

Fixed that for you. Because every complaint you could level against Heroes of the Storm and its player base, be it Quick Match or Hero League, you could against Overwatch. Or Dota. Or LoL. Or Left 4 Dead. Or Team Fortress 2. Or any multiplayer game ever. Competitive, cooperative, it doesn't matter.

I'm playing Overwatch and there are games where people just don't give a fuck about team comp or the objective. It's almost like Blizzard made a mistake by making a team/objective based shooter when so many people just want to clearly play Team Deathmatch because everyone is Tracer/Genji/McCreed/Hanzo/Reaper and no one wants to play as Tjornborn, Symmetra, Mercy or a tank that will help you actually win.

HotS Quick Match is often better than Quick Play in Overwatch, in my experience anyways, but then all I do is queue as Chromie in QM.

While HOTS has it's odd comp matchups at times in quick match does Overwatch at least try to match class roles evenly like HoTs?

For instance pairing teams against each other where neither have support or a tank.

Maledict

No tournaments, no new releases, and Overwatch launched. Not surprising it will be quiet for a while. If it helps I can moan about Townhall Heroes? ;-)

kirblar

Zoia was aways the best part, but no one else understood the type of approach he was going for.

I don't even like sports and I know what Around The Horn is! :p

It doesn't matter because you can pick anybody and dupes are allowed.

huh, it is weird seeing how Blizzard went from F2P with HoTs to Overwatch being a full priced title when it sort of seems like Overwatch might have been intended to be F2P at some point during development with it's progression system.

It makes me wonder if Blizzard didn't make that much money from their microtransactions with HoTs and decided to make Overwatch a retail title with free unlocks.

Where with Hearthstone your still at the mercy of RNG even if you pay money for packs. With HoTs you can get what you want for free pretty much and grinding for it isn't that bad really.

kirblar

Titan was an MMOFPS, Overwatch is the game they salvaged out of it.

It's definitely an eventual F2P title, same model as SFV.

HOTS is raking in money.

Maximus.

Question about the rank reset.

Will everyone start from scratch and placements will decide where people land again? Or is there a cap of how high/low you can go after placement?

On another note, I can't believe how many people in rank make selfish picks and avoid picking for the team, such as picking tank or healer. It also amazes me how many people dive in 1v whatever and just feed. Sigh.

That's fair and I agree. It just seems my team for the majority of my ranked games are full of these poor players. Sucks working to go up in rank then to play all these games where people don't give a shit or don't know the game. I don't mind losing when my team is actually trying, I hate losing when people are intentionally allowing it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom