• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tracer needs to be deleted from the source code.

I was less than half a screen behind the barrage line on ToD as Chromie, that's too far out... dead and the best I could have done was taking a talent that puts me more at risk when denying points at 12.

Apparently there's a guy leaking the upcoming content months in advance and this is supposedly coming.

Gul'dan - probably around the movie release. His main trait is sacrificing life to do extra damage, then stealing life

Samuro - blademaster with stealth

Auriel - D3 angel with a resurrect ally ability

Varian - typical WoW warrior build with charge, taunt and a cleanse

skins: Volleyball Li-Ming, Mystic Kingdom Arthas, Mechalord Gazlowe

maps: 2 SC2 ones, Braxis Holdout (take objectives to send zerg swarm) and Warhead Junction (collect nuclear power items to send nukes) mounts: Red Hare, Gyrocopter"

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, so I've never played any Hero League matches before, but I played one today and it was kind of fun, a bit different than just a quick match. I have a few questions:

1) is it really 20 placement matches? woah
2) it says it is now pre-season, a few questions on that:
2a) I think I saw somewhere that we will get a pre-season bonus or loot or something, how long until pre-season is over?
2b) what will the gift or loot be?
3) am I correct in understanding that there will soon be leagues like in SC2 for Hero League? Like seasons and bronze league and such?

Thanks.

Maledict

1) is it really 20 placement matches?

Yes, but will go down to 10 when season 1 starts

2) it says it is now pre-season, a few questions on that:
2a) I think I saw somewhere that we will get a pre-season bonus or loot or something, how long until pre-season is over?

During the week of June 14th, so not long now!

2b) what will the gift or loot be?

https://rankedboost.com/hots-season-rewards/

Basically you get portraits, gold, and a mount depending upon how high you achieved. Best get into those games!

3) am I correct in understanding that there will soon be leagues like in SC2 for Hero League? Like seasons and bronze league and such?

Yes, it's switching over to a Bronze - silver - gold - platinum - diamon - master - grandmaster.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20111014/ranked-play-revamp-5-6-2016

with 5 tiers within each rank.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Thanks Maledict, that actually sounds pretty cool. Guess I better crank through my 18 remaining placement matches then....

Milly79

We're definitely looking to rework Haunted Mines and bring it back into the Battleground pool, but the team is focused on other projects that have a higher priority right now. Haunted Mines will return, but it's unlikely to happen this year.

Apparently, huge fan of Athero on warrior so that's good. BKB when joining liquid was a bit disgruntled he had to commit to a team right away again because of qualifiers at the time IIRC. I miss when gerdamherd and the brothers were on the team, that was their strongest roster since they dropped blackscorp.

I haven't seen anything so was wondering whether he just couldn't play so they subbed Athero as he is a free agent right now...

Comments mention cris teased a roster change as well as twitter and stream handle changes.

Maledict

Well BKBs twitter handle is still Team Liquid, and TLs homepage still shows him there. In one way it wouldn't surprise me because he's been quite grumpy about their drafting the last few THHs, but on the other hand that is a fast change. Like Famil though - I love Athero, think he's an amazing player.

Regionals has another case of the "timer ticks down to 0, immediately resets to 10 minutes" already. I hope that once ranked hits, the next big thing is being able to play tournaments in game to reduce the waiting times.

brian!

dbl support w/ sonya and greymane is some nasty shit
dam zuna is a god on greymane
they really gotta ban tass against nvt

kirblar

Feel like Goku is always on Thrall and I've still never seen it work out even remotely.
I think Thrall is really overrated. Feels very feast/famine-y where if he's on the back foot he's pretty fucked.

IIRC, he has a really bad winrate in Super League.

kirblar

kirblar

This is what I don't like about double elimination seeded brackets compared to group stage round robin. GFE advances out of the group w/o having faced C9 once.
Double elim going into single elim brackets is so dumb.

I also think not giving the winners side a point to start w/ in a double elim bracket (when not using a bracket reset) is really silly.

Double elim going into single elim brackets is so dumb.

I also think not giving the winners side a point to start w/ in a double elim bracket (when not using a bracket reset) is really silly.

it's weird, round robin into single elim I'm culturally biased to though.
Don't entirely get the 2nd point, we haven't had a grand final in a Blizz Event in awhile. And the ones I watched were either a point lead or a reset.

Y'all ready for the FINAL NIGHT OF THE EVENING

Illidan keeps wrecking C9, if they lose this they are out altogether if they win and NVT wins the tournament then they'll have a decider match with 2nd place.

Actually thought cog had this series, they were so far ahead and then gave so much up for nothing in return.

Dunk hard carried this match and still not enough, no C9 in sweden. Srey looked pretty good this tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom