• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many patches they'll push out between now and the tournament. Or if they realise that these frequent micro-updates are terrible for the pro/eSport-scene they're so eager to develope.

Zackat

I wonder how many patches they'll push out between now and the tournament. Or if they realise that these frequent micro-updates are terrible for the pro/eSport-scene they're so eager to develope.

yeah and people complained about MKX heh. If they need to slow down on hero releases to have longer to balance them before release then so be it. Or they need to actually use their test servers as something other than a demo.

They don't need to slowdown on the hero release necessarily, keep adding heroes, just ban new ones from tourney play. I mean Valve has a pretty solid road map for how to do this shit laid out with how they've released and supported Dota 2. It's more the constant tweaks and talent re-designs to existing heroes, you can't do that right before a tournament or do it during qualifiers.

Also playing Warrior Dailies, now I remember why I stopped playing all Warriors except for Dehaka, Chen and Muradin.

Alur

The dudes on Twitter were saying C9 isn't completely out. Depending on how it plays out, they could still get a tiebreaker...though I'll admit I don't know what the exact order of finish needs to be.

The dudes on Twitter were saying C9 isn't completely out. Depending on how it plays out, they could still get a tiebreaker...though I'll admit I don't know what the exact order of finish needs to be.

If NVT gets 1st place there'll be a series to qualify which 2nd place takes it. I forgot that rule is only off the table if they don't qualify for the regional at all.

It'd be so sad, and ridiculous, if Cog managed to beat NVT only to lose to GFE again.

Celegus

Why isn't there a QM rule about having nova and zeratul on the same team? 4th time I've gotten stuck with it this weekend, and it sucks.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So does Hero League always have very long queue times? This morning I literally sat in the queue for over 8 minutes, I finally just gave up and played something else. Seems like it's always on the long side.

Celegus

So does Hero League always have very long queue times? This morning I literally sat in the queue for over 8 minutes, I finally just gave up and played something else. Seems like it's always on the long side.
Probably just depends on your rank and time of day. Sunday morning is probably one of the slowest times. I rarely have to wait more than a minute or two, so I can't say I've noticed anything being slower.

Bakery said:
CkJT-JIXEAETUOe.jpg
Liquidcris said:

Good ones.

kirblar

NVT vs GFE finals would cause a giant gasm for the HOTD crew.

edit: Middle aged looking McIntyre in the team pics is scary lol

So like, NVT needs to win for C9 to have a chance of making it into worlds right? Is there any benefit to NVT throwing so GFE makes it instead of giving other teams a chance?

Wait NVT is losing? No need for me to not watch it then.

So like, NVT needs to win for C9 to have a chance of making it into worlds right? Is there any benefit to NVT throwing so GFE makes it instead of giving other teams a chance?

Pretty sure they'd be in separate groups at globals and meet in semis at the earliest. None of the western teams even made semis in korea.

Alur

Did Dread just say "I said Fan was best Li-Ming NA but I was wrong?" Of course you're wrong. That's the one hero I watch Fan play and think, "Plz, someone else next time."

Also, I hope GFE wins just to ensure no C9. PUNISH THEM

EDIT: GFE up 2-0. Woweee

they switch on and off but I think priority is given for heroes that zuna and maybe fan want to play

lol killuzion hook giving gfe the free engage, that whole series was silly

last event but this time he's been playing tank exclusively from what I've seen.

Did Dread just say "I said Fan was best Li-Ming NA but I was wrong?" Of course you're wrong. That's the one hero I watch Fan play and think, "Plz, someone else next time."

Also, I hope GFE wins just to ensure no C9. PUNISH THEM

those are harsh words.

Maledict

You do wonder if they are deliberately playing sub-par... ;-) . Great to see a new team tearing it up though!

And Alur, Fan has always been very highly rated on Illidan, who do you reckon is better in NA?

kirblar

3 thoughts:

a) Karoan's Li-Ming is insane

b) Karazhim is so fucking good on Cursed Hollow with 7-sided strike- he just blows up tanks all day because they're scouting

c) Fan with that VERY firm handshake postmatch

Alur

You do wonder if they are deliberately playing sub-par... ;-) . Great to see a new team tearing it up though!

Glad to see it too, but that was about as sandbag as it gets if you ask me lol. Either NVT lost the thunder or they just gave no fucks. I'd rather have GFE at World's than C9 anyway, whichever it is.

And Alur, Fan has always been very highly rated on Illidan, who do you reckon is better in NA?

I said Li-Ming, not Illidan. His Li-Ming has never been great. Illidan he's a god.

Asd202

So I didn't play this game for a few months and damn so many new heroes and other changes. Kael plays so differently it's like a new game lol.

kirblar

I've watched this a dozen times and while I think to get the message the thing is confusing

your tears are delicious
?

Actually hope that if CoG stays together under a new sponsor that Srey will stick around. I was impressed, very Anub reliant but given the short time that's understandable.
It's a hannibal .gif, the character makes Tear-flavored Martinis.

And yes, Dunk thinks they threw. Good chance he's not wrong, but well, you probably shouldn't have booted Fan.

Maledict

It's a hannibal .gif, the character makes Tear-flavored Martinis.

And yes, Dunk thinks they threw. Good chance he's not wrong, but well, you probably shouldn't have booted Fan.

Live by the sword, as it were. C9 have thrown games in the past in tournaments to get better seeding, it shouldn't surprise them if someone else does it as well.

We're still talking about 30k price difference that's 6k per player +- a couple % and or a 6th person in the coach.
And for little gain, considering regions are split in global groúp stage. The only reason to throw would be bad blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom