• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I'm still taking credit for saying gfe would be a good team

That you did, old man. That you did.

yaOxitL.png

Looks like he believes they threw.

We're still talking about 30k price difference that's 6k per player +- a couple % and or a 6th person in the coach.
And for little gain, considering regions are split in global groúp stage. The only reason to throw would be bad blood.

Which Fan has. And they know that if C9 were to apply themselves, they are the tougher team. Stranger things have happened, and they legit just rolled over.

I'm glad they didn't make it after all their no effort, no practice, no progression behavior post Korea. Whatever the real reason is that GFE stomped NVT, let's hope it serves as a wakeup call for Dunk and co. This is precisely why you don't sandbag or play like shit or whatever in qualifiers. Sometimes you can't turn it back on.

If you wanna be the champ, act like the champ. Otherwise you're gonna get humbled eventually.

EDIT: Vandy says they didn't throw. Dunk clarified and says the result was to be expected since GFE is good and NVT had no real incentive.

Milly79

That you did, old man. That you did.

Looks like he believes they threw.

Which Fan has. And they know that if C9 were to apply themselves, they are the tougher team. Stranger things have happened, and they legit just rolled over.

I'm glad they didn't make it after all their no effort, no practice, no progression behavior post Korea. Whatever the real reason is that GFE stomped NVT, let's hope it serves as a wakeup call for Dunk and co. This is precisely why you don't sandbag or play like shit or whatever in qualifiers. Sometimes you can't turn it back on.

If you wanna be the champ, act like the champ. Otherwise you're gonna get humbled eventually.

EDIT: Vandy says they didn't throw. Dunk clarified and says the result was to be expected since GFE is good and NVT had no real incentive.

I can yell at clouds now, yes?

Maledict

Wonder if we will see the PTR for the next patch. Part of me is really interested to see what the balance changes for Kael, Kerrigan and other heroes will be...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I can;t imagine they don't have a big patch for the ranked launch though.

Ranked launch is next Tuesday, correct? I still have 13 placement matches to go for Hero League and I want to try my best to get them in before then to qualify for the preseason rewards. Playing Hero League matches takes quite a bit of time….

Medivh looks like he'll be awesome for high-level, coordinated play and absolutely awful to use down in the trenches as a Bronze League All-Star. Force of Will looks like it can be game-changing and Polybomb looks hilarious but dunno if I want to buy the hero.

Alur

I'm very curious if Polybomb will be OpieOP in lower leagues because people don't know how to spread.

And is it really possible we get him tomorrow? Or just PTR tomorrow you think?

I feel like the PTR is useless other than maybe for testing the unranked draft mode. Even the QM queues are atrocious generally if you're on a new hero or a newly retuned hero who is popular. Could see them going with either approach TBH. A new hero + 2 new game modes + whatever other changes there are in one patch would be...potentially rough IMO.

Are the summer beach skins going to be put back up in the shop soon?? Are there going to be any new ones?

I was wanting that stitches skin with the floaty...........

Alur

Are the summer beach skins going to be put back up in the shop soon?? Are there going to be any new ones?

I was wanting that stitches skin with the floaty...........

Stitches bikini skin has only ever been available with the $40 Stitches plush toy in their real shop.

kirblar

After playing HL/TL and watching competitive- Rehgar needs an adjustment. He's too good as a jack of all trades healer right now. They need to hit his healing (probably his Chain Heal) and jack his damage back up to compensate. He's too well-rounded relative to the rest of the healers, to the point where he's not a mistake as first pick at all.

Alur

After playing HL/TL and watching competitive- Rehgar needs an adjustment. He's too good as a jack of all trades healer right now. They need to hit his healing (probably his Chain Heal) and jack his damage back up to compensate. He's too well-rounded relative to the rest of the healers, to the point where he's not a mistake as first pick at all.

That was my complaint with the rework (and then basically total reversion of it) back when it happened. Let him be the damage dealing, buffing healer. Adjust the healing to compensate, don't take away the thing that made him fresh and fun and put him back in the same spot but with a stronger base Q but no self AH. All that iteration didn't accomplish anything beyond showing Rehgar players how fun things could be if the playstyle was changed from heal bot to true "support".

Chromie is fun, you know what's not fun. Getting matchmade against comps that don't even allow you to step foot outside the base.

5 squishy ranged should never be matched against Illidan.

kirblar

So what dictates who picks bans in HL? I'm doing my placement matches and I've been picked to do bans like five times in a row.
Highest MMR.

Mathematical analysis of Rehgar optimal play concludes-
Be a fucking healbot and like it.
http://www.nihilismgaming.com/rehgar-study.html

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20131417/ Medivh Patch Notes, they're testing ranked play and unranked draft.

Lunara's prices have been reduced to $8.49 USD and 7,000 Gold.
Jeez, that was fast. She must not be selling.

Bikini Stitches launches on the 21st for us non-plushies.

kirblar

Which is funny cause Srey finally found a team he gels with.

Time to get your alt accounts up to 5 account-wide while you can still afk.
Judgement mana cost reduced from 100 to 80
Eldruin's might mana cost reduced from 55 to 50
Smite mana cost reduced from 50 to 45
Rightousness mana cost reduced from 65 to 60
Undocumented Tyrael buff.
some tracer changes (pulse bomb explosion time 1.5 -> 2 seconds, pulse rounds 150% charge -> 100%)
Undocumented Tracer nerfs.

Alur

Wow at more Tracer nerfs.

Awesome at Tyrael buffs.

Surprised they nerfed the EXP grind in training mode TBH since it basically only affects your ability to get master skins. I suppose they are unhappy with people getting the free 500gs from leveling heroes to 5? I don't think that's what most of the people who really used it a lot used it for though. Seems kinda petty either way but I already had all my heroes 6 or higher before I started with it, so no skin off my back.

kirblar

Uther's mana costs should probably be looked at too- his Q is ridiculously expensive. If you have to take Conjurer's Pursuit at L1 something is probably wrong w/ the hero design.

Alur

Pretty much had to be that way IMO, sadly. Two completely new modes and the bugs that are (likely) inevitably gonna come with them. It's hard to change too much plus add all that plus a new hero.

I'm sure they'll hit it up a week or two after Medivh and get the ball rolling again.

Ken

how do I deal with Artanis. He seems to have shields for forever and does a ton of damage. And then he jumps around so much. :(

Maledict

At 20 Artanis becomes almost unkillable with the right build. Your only option is to either chain stun him to death, or ignore him. He's quite capable of going up against two heroes and winning at level 20.

I actually think it's a bit of a balance issue - whilst clearly not OP, it's incredibly unfun as he's just SO stupidly unkillable I can only imagine it causes issues at lower leagues.

Srey claiming rosterpocalypse 2.0 is coming

With CoG most likely disbanding I could see that. Who's the weak link on C9 now, k1pro? iDream does have a rather wide hero pool.
Sold1er has been mia since he bowed out of Tempo and erho's contract with tempo should run out eventually.

Which is funny cause Srey finally found a team he gels with.

Undocumented Tyrael buff.

Undocumented Tracer nerfs.

Fuck yes, Tyrael's mana issues have been manageable but simply unfun. He's the best warrior out there.
And fuck more, I loathe Tracer. Fucking loather her to hell. Though just counting the recall timer helps, which no one does in scrub league!!!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So what dictates who picks bans in HL? I'm doing my placement matches and I've been picked to do bans like five times in a row.

Me too. I'm doing my placements for HL and I've literally been picked to do the bans every time so far, 8 matches out of 8 games. I made quite a few players angry during the first couple when I "did the wrong thing", lol.

Maledict

Bans are always given to the player on your team with the highest mmr, so if it's you that means the system thinks your the best player on your team. If you are in placement matches you can have really large mmr swings early on, so you can win your first two games and be ranked very high until you start losing some.

- Don't forget to ban/focus Morales always!!! Or if the enemy team has a strong frontline and no healer by 2nd bans

Is there an /s missing here?

Just for the record, there's rarely a need to ban morales and never ever sprout "focus morales" likes it's some form of gospel.

Yes she's squishy and she heals for a ton but she's rather easy to manage even at lower MMR. Even if you can't get to her a stun will interrupt her healing beam and give you time to burst down another target.

Maledict

My games basically come down to who is banning first and what the player in slot 1 can pick. If they can pick Li-Ming or Kael, then I ban Illidan / Tracer. If they can't, I ban Kael.

If we are second banning, then it depends on what team 1 banned, but generally it's the two power mages being banned out most of the time.

kirblar

If we want Vikings and have first pick, it's always a Li-Ming ban, forcing them to ban KT or give him to us.

Our priority order has been KT->Li-Ming->Rehgar.

Yes but I thought the "!!!" would give it away. I've added it in to be safe. If the majority of my team clamours for her to be banned and there's no better/obvious ban, I just do it to not tilt them.

Just wanted to be on the safe side, I've been emotionally scarred by this.

Tough game and it taught me not to take force wall, I had maybe 2 good ones but the rest were wasted and one even directly resulted in me being dead. KT was at times a bot at other times insane. He took pyroblast and just ventured out to oneshot people with little regard to his own life.
What are the criteria for dimensional warp to trigger with the talent? At times I felt it should have procced when it didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom