• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao sorry, work got in the way. I was Rehgar and we won. Illidan and Tass were in a duo. Aba and Thrall were salty that we had double support and no tank. They took down both our walls in the first few minutes with Sylv. Their immortal DPS was as good as you'd expect with Hunter's Mark and Nature's Culing. Aba and Thrall were still finger pointing. We destroyed them in team fights and Aba's Monstrosity was surprisingly effective, taking down a keep. One late game team wipe later we pushed core ftw. This was in HL btw.

wtf i never understood toxic behavior before anything bad happens and even more so while winning.

It's cd is really really low

sure but it still means the team is down .75 (?) of a body, dunno how much symbiote counts right now, for close to a minute.

Interesting scale from the last event.

Q82l6QK.png

Jhow apparently struck gold he's even casting Sweden. So Jake really got pushed far out the picture.

brian!

Think of it like gust, you want to have it up for stuff but you also dont want to be afraid of using it
like don't treat it like a mosh pit or maw for example

Alur

Not shocked. Good riddance based on their recent attitude towards practice/competition. Bad news for HOTS esports though. The end is nigh.

Alur

If they were dropped...they deserved it. All that half trying, no trying, wtfever. No place for that in competition or from an org as big as C9.

Caff will be a big pickup for someone if he stays. Cattle got majorly hosed.

Alur

LOL Vandy on Twitter saying C9 are not a big org. Under any classification - just heroes, or esports at large - they are one of the biggest.

Edit: nm he was replying to someone saying Cog, not C9

brian!

woops late post
i dunno who's gonna want to pick up the c9 ppl, but it'd be hilarious if bp took cattle back and dropped srey

k1 is valuable, idream is valuable, dunk/caff are good for teams that are bad at understanding the game but probably not great for teams that are kind of on top of stuff already macro wise
tempo should be trying to pick ppl up, also quick make a new team with wiz

bige -> idream or k1 would probably be an upgrade I think

kirblar

The thing about C9 is that they made very aggressive moves in order to put that team together.

If you make those moves and fail, there will be far more consequences, given that significant resources were spent.

edit: I bet TS looks into making a move now depending on which people are available.

Doubt they'll take Cattle back if they even stay together, he dropped them in the middle of a scrim block.

Is Wiz still in Korea? With him on the horizon it wouldn't make as much sense to pick someone else up again.

Alur

I would be surprised if k1 stays. His pool that he showed was always limited and he seemed more of a hired gun. iDream was the main star from beginning to end, and he could go where he wants. What he does will be interesting, honestly. Would say a lot about how he views the games viability.

If Dunk stays in HOTS he's the perfect candidate to follow the Dread model and be the second analyst. The scene needs more than just Dread as a regular, and Grubby has too much other stuff going on to do it full time.

Brian I think you're undervaluing Caff as a player. As few as 6 months ago most people on both sides of the Atlantic viewed him as the best tank in the game. He'd be an upgrade to virtually any NA team IMO.

Edit: and agreed with kirb. This is TS chance to reclaim the throne here if they are still all-in. They could easily be pulling out too for all we know. Their results for months have been even worse than C9, though at least they tried.

brian!

it would sort of make sense if they took cattle back w/ new knowledge of how to implement him into the roster again (make bp straight glau team), like I kinda get the feeling that srey might be hard to work with? but I dunno, I just think it'd be funny plus if cattle was split pushing in a game the casters could be like is cattle leaving the team again??

i think caff is good, but I get the feeling he's kind of a leader/shotcaller and I dunno whether thatd mesh w/ any team he'd want to join atm
I think that's purely based off of him and dunk being active on social media though

yeah ts just picking up the entire roster def feels possible unless some of c9 just want to quit the game which wouldnt surprise me

Milly79

The downfall just sucks. Lose to TS a ton, win BC, have a shitty time in China, make the worst decision ever in getting Arth, underperform, take forever to drop Arth, get cattle, things looking up, BYEEEEEE.

Like damn. I didn't think they'd just go like that, tbh.

kirblar

I think TS has stuck around as long as they have due to sheer loyalty to the scene/players. I'd be surprised if they drop, especially with so many free agents floating right now.

Ketch

Really feel like after blizzcon they lost all of their motivation. nowhere to go but down, and down they went. If dunktrain and king caffeine stay I could see dunk replacing kenma (god tier NVT incoming) and caffeine replacing srey, or either one of those guys could join a team like GFE or AA and take them places, or they could stick together and continue to be real powerhouses for anybody. I could also see them going to tempo, because they probably know a lot of the people over there really well

brian!

holy shit I didn't even consider the kenma replacement
and nvt prob has the most money and best players so they could probably have their pick too

hope some sort of behind the scenes tell-all about c9 drops but they kinda seem too chill for that

Alur

IMO I don't want them to stick together unless you think getting dropped might motivate them again.

They clearly had some kind of chemistry issues where no one could be arsed to practice a viable amount. No need to repeat that experiment.

Would love to see them piece into an established team. Would love to see TS pick up one or two and become dominant again, though. Scene hasn't been as compelling without TS near the top.

Edit: I'll wear a Kenma avatar for a month if he gets dropped for Dunktrain. Literally no chance of that happening without Zuna going too. They'd have to get Dunk and Caff to make that work.

Edit: now Tazza replaced as manager for NVT

kirblar

NVT making any changes right now would be insane considering how good they looked once they started having Zuna go primarily ranged while Mac tanked.

I'd actually like NVT w/o the Buechters

it would sort of make sense if they took cattle back w/ new knowledge of how to implement him into the roster again (make bp straight glau team), like I kinda get the feeling that srey might be hard to work with? but I dunno, I just think it'd be funny plus if cattle was split pushing in a game the casters could be like is cattle leaving the team again??

Have the casters ever shown wit beyond dank memes?

brian!

i feel like I read somewhere that the plan already had been to drop kenma for wiz when the time lined up right and that kenma kinda wanted to take a different role in the team but I dont remember where I read that

noooo tazza

I'd actually like NVT w/o the Buechters

Have the casters ever shown wit beyond dank memes?

I feel like the most realistic good thing I can expect atm is some sort of medivhal pun, which would be welcome for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom