• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really sfw

It might be hard to make out but it's cutting a C9 armband

CkjbotlUoAAKkee.jpg

Alur

I don't see the issue really lol but it's not worth a ban to find out if others have one. I guess if you took it at a glance or out of context I could see why.

Milly79

Every time you guys talk about that game I'm getting triggered. I payed money for that shit and they up and deleted all my progress in one of their multiple server mergers.

I put a ton of money into it. From launch until sometime last year. On and off subs after f2p and all the cartel market stuff. It was so good and so damn hard to break it.

Nah

SolidJake said:
To clarify, i'm not quitting Heroes and I made that clear on THOW. What it boils down to is the lack of opportunity with Heroes and struggle to make a living.
I genuinely love playing and casting the game and I plan to keep doing THH and casting for as long as I can. On top of that we just got a proper ranking system which is absolutely massive for the future of the game as an esport, and I can't stress that enough.
But there are 3 big reasons for the change of focus.
I want to build my own events and be creative in that realm just like I did with Kings of the Storm, where i get to work on production assets and be my own director. I can't really do this with Heroes because viewership isn't there, making it near impossible to land sponsors for events.
Cooby and Zoia have retired for the most part, and this saddens me deeply. These two are by far my best friends in the community and even beyond that really, and they are my favorite to cast with. It hasn't been the same for me without them.
As I said above, Heroes doesn't have a lot of opportunity and financially it's a risk for me right now. Blizzard and ESL have given me tons of opportunity over the last year+ which I am insanely grateful for, but the stress of whether or not i'll be able to pay my bills in two months is taxing.
I love both Heroes and Overwatch and intend to be involved with both, but right now for me personally putting additional efforts into OW seems like the right call for me.
I want to apologize for cancelling THH yesterday on short notice, but there is a lot going on behind the scenes. We should be back on our normal time this coming week.

brian!

fuk instantly against bkid
nm someone left
ok I think that's enough heroes for a month

and I guess the alex ich that was on my team is the real alex ich according to yuuj lol
sel on yuuj's stream btw

Alur

That'd be the shit. Schalke 04 already in on dat psport --> esports crossover. Too bad they are the enemy and don't wear yellow.

scoobs

I just don't think Heroes works as an esport. Its not that fun to watch pro games, but its very fun to play casually. Might be destined to just be a casual MOBA, which I'm totally fine with personally, but I understand a lot of people here wouldn't be.

It doesn't help that Overwatch has cannibalized a large chunk of the player-base. I know all of my friends that played HOTS regularly have completely stopped and are only playing Overwatch (myself included). This is the first time I've looked at this thread since OW released.

zoukka

It doesn't help that Overwatch has cannibalized a large chunk of the player-base. I know all of my friends that played HOTS regularly have completely stopped and are only playing Overwatch (myself included). This is the first time I've looked at this thread since OW released.

Not just overwatch, HotS was dead long before.

Ketch

OW not gonna make it doe I herd

Doesn't really mean much, c9 is pretty big org and look at hots now. Budlight is sponsoring hots right now, they don't have a team but the sponsor the tournaments, doesn't get much bigger then that.

Them, just like all the other people in the hots "scene" that are now getting out, are only in it for one thing. And when it turns out it's not gonna make them all rich they'll leave overwatch too. It's not that overwatch can't make it big as an esport, but it's just highly highly highly unlikely.

It's the same thing that you see when everybody's trying to get that WoW money, or that CoD money, except it's in a different yet related field. People want that LCS/International money, but it's not gonna happen.

All of the big esports are legacy games (cs:go, dota, league, street fighter), league is like the last new IP to actually make it big like that. New games just really don't have a chance, like 1 out of 1,000. But that doesn't mean they won't be able to make some money off the esport scene (craze), just that they'll be another "me too" that doesn't end up lasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom