• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

It's about time. I'm torn between "too little too late" and "maybe things will look up".

How was viewership for group stage? It runs right across like 3 AM forward here PST so it's pretty much impossible for me to watch sadly.

It's about time. I'm torn between "too little too late" and "maybe things will look up".

How was viewership for group stage? It runs right across like 3 AM forward here PST so it's pretty much impossible for me to watch sadly.

it's rebroadcasting right now but didn't look at the viewership numbers.

Zackat

30k or so when I saw it earlier. Not bad.

Alur

Hell, that's awesome for a Monday morning/evening. Much better. This weekend might have some decent numbers.

Also...MILLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOUR BOY ToD IS ON THE SCREEN HAVE YOU PUNCHED IT YET
caps lock for emphasis

Zackat

Hell, that's awesome for a Monday morning/evening. Much better. This weekend might have some decent numbers.

Also...MILLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOUR BOY ToD IS ON THE SCREEN HAVE YOU PUNCHED IT YET
caps lock for emphasis
I think having that splash screen when you open the game will help quite a bit.

Alur

When does that splash screen go live?

And RIP. I thought that stream schedule was going to be in the client. It's just a page on the website =/. They are gonna tie some streams into the launcher, but still. Not quite what I thought when I first saw it.

Alur

I'll admit I was pretty surprised they are including him as well because of his rep. I know he gets the views, but he's basically a slightly more skilled slightly less salty nicky2hottie.

Alur

Yell at your screen like Glau in your avatar. It'll make things better.

EDIT: Do people really think JHow is good looking or is that just a meme? They refer to it often on broadcasts and I've seen it on reddit. I thought he was one of the nerdiest looking dudes they've had. He's just really big.

kirblar

EDIT: Do people really think JHow is good looking or is that just a meme? They refer to it often on broadcasts and I've seen it on reddit. I thought he was one of the nerdiest looking dudes they've had. He's just really big.
That's people being an asshole.

Ended up going for Zeratul and had an awesome match, the following I sucked like you wouldn't believe it I was close to flaming myself.

jxmDWst.png

kirblar

It's nice to go through your last 15 HL games and discover of the 3 games you lost, 1 you screwed up on , and the other two you lost like no points on because of the MMR gap.

Milly79

Regeneration Globes: We’re actually looking to tune these up, while also cleaning up the math on these a bit. The hope is that denying opponents access to Regeneration Globes while securing your own ends up being a more meaningful event. The math on these in the live game is awkward right now, but it works out to be roughly 6.2% of your max health and 32 mana. We’ve been playtesting with a change that increases this to 12% of your max health and 8% of your max mana.

• Healing Fountains: We wanted to make using your Healing Fountain a bigger moment. A crazy first idea we had was to increase the CD on these from 100s -> 300s (and buffed accordingly). With such a long CD, it would become a huge moment and extremely deliberate of when to use a Healing Fountain. After much testing we are leaning towards a smaller change though. We’ve been playing with increasing CD from 100 -> 120s which feels meaningful but familiar. There are additional moments where that added 20s is enough to force you back to the Hall of Storms. We’ve also increased the mana provided from 20% -> 30% but kept the health the same. This ends up being an overall reduction in the HPS that these can provide.

• Passive Health Regeneration: While we’ve tested quite a few variations here, one interesting test we did was simply turning off Passive Health Regeneration and not allowing players to pick any sustain talents like Regeneration Master or First Aid. This change meant that taking damage from an Abathur Mine or a Tyrande Owl was now ‘permanent’. You had to take some sort of action to remove this lost health instead of getting it back for ‘free’ over time. This change was pretty heavily contested internally so it’s not something we’re currently planning on shipping but it’s potentially something we will explore more in the future. I’m really curious what you guys think about this idea.

• Support Characters: While I think we can all agree that Support heroes are a huge part of sustain, I wanted to exclude them from this initial conversation as I feel that this will overpower the discussion. Know that we are looking at Supports though, and hopefully that can be a future thread.

kirblar

WTF @ GFE's first draft- Greymane CANNOT just have a BW to support him if you're going to be diving in like crazy. Also, like no stuns on that team either, while Big Dogs drafted an MVP Black comp.

S1 rewards: Elemental Battle Beast!

Alavard

Well, looks like no pre-season wolf mount for me. Literally 10 points away from rank 20 after placement matches, and then I lose every match after that. Days like this I feel like I'm on the edge of leaving the game.

Tired of getting nothing but jerks in each game too. Had a teammate literally say he refused to heal for our team comp.

kirblar

Well, looks like no pre-season wolf mount for me. Literally 10 points away from rank 20 after placement matches, and then I lose every match after that. Days like this I feel like I'm on the edge of leaving the game.

Tired of getting nothing but jerks in each game too. Had a teammate literally say he refused to heal for our team comp.
You should be doing team league (join the Team League channel) - its so much better.

brian!

if they up the amount that regen globes give they gotta up the amount of time you need to get healed + need additional considerations like lvl 4 amp healing. otherwise you just walk through someone, pick up the globe that they are sitting on, and then win the trade anyway. that and if you are trying to forward globes as lane sustain you really gotta change the well more than a +20 second cd. it's cool that they are trying to make laning a thing though, but really the only real way to do this is to get rid of all the free sustain littered across the map.

things like more effective globes, no passive regen, and longer well cd only makes the current good 1v1 laners better

sik idea for map that would never happen: half of the map is a 2 lane map w/ objectives, other half is a straight lane where doing stuff like taking towers, getting last hits, getting globes, and killz give your team small increments of exp/power
nexus is on 1v1 part and certain things in the 4v4 part result in members of the 4v4 teleing to the 1v1 section for a limited amount of time
idea is too toxic tho

if they changed it so minions and turrets actually aggro in this game instead of pretending you don't exist you could have laning probably

Ketch

They're basically just beating around the bush when it comes to healing in the game.

"What if we did everything except for what we should do?"

the thing is tho, if they get rid of a lot of the healing in the game then it's gonna become a whole lot less beginner friendly.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

You aren't alone, I didn't get to rank 20 either so no free mount for me as well. Ah well, I don't mind having the lamest mounts of the team in every game, lol!

Teally? I think the epic/elemental lizard mount looks sick! Better than the epic/elemental wolf mount, even.

Nah, I like the wolf better, I'm not feeling that ele lizard either. I'm not a fan of the Kodo mount though so since it's just a Kodo reskin that's probably why.

Flat out removing passive regen and regen talents sounds awful. This game has no items, I can't buy tangos, pots or a bottle for early laning and counter some of the damage. That's removing some of the only agency players have with damage mitigation beyond pure positioning and hopefully laning with a healing support.

Definitely think I'll start playing ranked when the new season rolls out, even though I've avoided doing so for the first/pre-season. Or at the very least I'll give that and Unranked Draft a shot instead of playing Quick Match. Just expecting All-Pick with Unranked, don't know if that's better or worse than Quick Match.

Is the tilting better or worse in ranked versus some random bronze league all-star level Quick Match? I'm almost inclined to guess worse because something is sort of on the line.

Alur

IMO if everyone (NA wise, anyway) are back into playing after the patch we should all form up for Team League when we can. MMR gaps don't matter there, and it's a lot more fun than I ever anticipated...possibly because that's how we approached it. Every random Milly brought into the group he told em "salt free zone" and if they didn't comply we just booted em for another.

Added bonus is you get season 1 mount easily from Team League too, so fun + rewards = good experience.

Ketch

Ketch vs healing take 367548. Action!

yo kirblar
overwatch is comin' for you
nHYTLRt.jpg

I'd prefer if they keep the globes and fountains and make supports more utility focused instead of heal focused.

I don't think that's controversial

IMO if everyone (NA wise, anyway) are back into playing after the patch we should all form up for Team League when we can. MMR gaps don't matter there, and it's a lot more fun than I ever anticipated...possibly because that's how we approached it. Every random Milly brought into the group he told em "salt free zone" and if they didn't comply we just booted em for another.

yup yup id be into this. i plan to play a lot of ranked so id join.

will also be on shortly after patch goes up today, so excited for Medivh.

Ronabo

Added bonus is you get season 1 mount easily from Team League too, so fun + rewards = good experience.

I would love to do this!^

Alavard

Medivh trailer is up on Twitter. It confirms Gul'dan is coming, presumably next.

Also, the way the trailer is presented makes it seem like something more is coming that Gul'dan is just a part of. Perhaps we'll see a Warcraft-themed event (Burning Legion?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom