• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

I don't think this has been brought up but the profile gameplay stats (games played) in the client were intentionally reset. Blizz intended to show season-specific stats but they're reverting the change. I thought it was a bug.

Does anyone know whether they still funnel everything into one stat (ex. winrate per map reflects a total taken from every mode)?

kirblar

Udall getting caught out in both games vs MyInsanity.

I wonder if Dread has an MTG background given how he describes things on commentary.

brian!

Udall getting caught out in both games vs MyInsanity.

I wonder if Dread has an MTG background given how he describes things on commentary.

Why do you say that? I was listening to a bit of game 1 but couldnt watch and was thinking about the way he describes things, never played magic

kirblar

Why do you say that? I was listening to a bit of game 1 but couldnt watch and was thinking about the way he describes things, never played magic
He's used the term Win Condition before, which is super common there to describe a threat in a control strategy.

His use of next leveling here also seemed straight out of MTG parlance.

brian!

Oh haha, yeah it's actually a really common term for mobas and that's where i heard it first but it's interesting to have some history behind it

As audio only it's a bit weird to listen to dread as he really likes speculation and hypotheticals and you kinda need visual present context for that

Medivh is cool af but yeah i mostly see people bitch about him akin to Murky or Nova. except its even worse because everyone points at the stats screen and Medivhs kit doesnt have ways to track performance.

hes the ultimate play maker though and easily one of the most fun heroes ive played in awhile.

almost every game i had people asking mid-game how he works. id attribute a lot of his low win rate to lack of knowledge from the other players on his team. itll get better with time.

Maledict

If you want Uther, you should really ban Lunara, especially on this map. Bad drafting by PBA.

Just tuned in to watch the draft, and boy did they get outdrafted there. Absolutely agree you cannot run solo Uther support against Li-Ming and Lunara. The poke is insane...

brian!

Not a great pick and i dunno the context, but uther can also facilitate hard engages and dives which work well against the two mentioned and he does get a little better dealing w/ that type of dmg after hardened focus tho that's often too late.

Like something like uther/greymane is pretty good against li ming/lunara, but obv lots of variables here

kirblar

Not a great pick and i dunno the context, but uther can also facilitate hard engages and dives which work well against the two mentioned and he does get a little better dealing w/ that type of dmg after hardened focus tho that's often too late.
BoE, GFE had first pick and Li Ming/Jo/Rehgar going into bans. PBA bans Thrall, but then picks up Uther/X in their 3/4 picks. GFE immediately grabs Lunara, who is Uther's nightmare matchup.

PBA's draft made zero sense for this map.

brian!

Yeah there are a lot more suitable supports here, non-mobile supps suk at boe

Unless ur doin medic cheese i guess
Actually furion pretty good too

kirblar

Yeah there are a lot more suitable supports here, non-mobile supps suk at boe

Unless ur doin medic cheese i guess
Actually furion pretty good too
Yeah, I think Malf is who you want.

KT/Rehgar/Falstad is our TL priority order right now. I'm surprised they're so confused by Reh getting such a high pick spot- he's the only healer who does sustain AND burst.

Celegus

RIP GFE. Too greedy, too many mistakes. Hope they stick together and continue to improve though, they're definitely fun to watch.

ClAclG6WsAA-CO2.jpg

At least 1 EU team has the chance to make it out, just gotta beat the other and Xteam

Medivh's level 20 "Invisibility" talent is so fun. holds 2 charges and lasts 20 seconds, can do some stupidly cool plays with it.

also his quest that requires you to hit 35 heroes with Arcane Rift without dieing is harder to complete than i thought. the range on it is so short that its extremely risky.

I'm not a fan of chromie at all. boring to play and semi useless most of the time.

Chromie's problem is that she has to take two specific talents at 3 and 6 to be viable outside of teamfights. Otherwise she has no utility outside of damaging heroes. Enveloping Assault and Mobius Loop are pretty integral to pushing lanes, helping with objectives, clearing merc camps...anything siege damage related. Without either of those talents she's just a visible, munchkin version of Nova with a bad right-click.

Mobius Loop needs to be made default.

That is such a bad idea. Chromie can already delete a 3/4 health assassin in early laning without any of the damage farming talents if she lands Sand Blast and Dragon's Breathe. On some maps there's a lot of places to safely cast from the fog in early laning. Your fortifications are up, they're a place to cast from or to fall back to. If she could attempt that combo more frequently because Mobius Loop's CD reduction becomes the baseline there's no reason not to choose Dragon's Eye at 6 even if she retains some variation of Mobius Loop. There's certainly no reason to pick Chrono Sickness. That is such a poorly placed/designed talent.

Having Sand Blast doing a slight (and I mean slight) amount of siege damage as it passed through targets and if her right click wasn't complete garbage would be better ways of addressing her utility outside of teamfights without upping the amount she can nuke certain heroes early game.

kirblar

You could just, y'know, reduce the damage, make Dragon's Eye increase the CD, etc- it's just the simplest way of getting her siege in a way that doesn't blow up the Q design.

Holy shit Naventic got wrecked in those group seedings. ROFL

Yeah they got the short end of the stick bey getting 2nd seed korea in their group while 2nd seed China is much more beatable

Chromie's problem is that she has to take two specific talents at 3 and 6 to be viable outside of teamfights. Otherwise she has no utility outside of damaging heroes. Enveloping Assault and Mobius Loop are pretty integral to pushing lanes, helping with objectives, clearing merc camps...anything siege damage related. Without either of those talents she's just a visible, munchkin version of Nova with a bad right-click.

Definitely disagree on enveloping assault that's a talent I never take. It's either piercing sand or bronze talons at 3. The aoe of her W already hits the whole wave and every merc camp but bruisers. Piercing Sands allows denial through bodies on channeling maps as well as stacking AP faster with the 13 talent and bronze talons gives her better siege.

That is such a bad idea. Chromie can already delete a 3/4 health assassin in early laning without any of the damage farming talents if she lands Sand Blast and Dragon's Breathe. On some maps there's a lot of places to safely cast from the fog in early laning. Your fortifications are up, they're a place to cast from or to fall back to. If she could attempt that combo more frequently because Mobius Loop's CD reduction becomes the baseline there's no reason not to choose Dragon's Eye at 6 even if she retains some variation of Mobius Loop. There's certainly no reason to pick Chrono Sickness. That is such a poorly placed/designed talent.

Having Sand Blast doing a slight (and I mean slight) amount of siege damage as it passed through targets and if her right click wasn't complete garbage would be better ways of addressing her utility outside of teamfights without upping the amount she can nuke certain heroes early game.

I rarely take it but the E talent at 7 is decent against tracer, nova, zera, etc.

Milly79

I'm thinking because we sat in pre-season forever, while going forward the seasons will be only a few months rather than a year +.

Fuckin, Kir.

Definitely disagree on enveloping assault that's a talent I never take. It's either piercing sand or bronze talons at 3. The aoe of her W already hits the whole wave and every merc camp but bruisers. Piercing Sands allows denial through bodies on channeling maps as well as stacking AP faster with the 13 talent and bronze talons gives her better siege

Piercing Sands or Bronze Talons are for Sand Blast builds, Enveloping Assault is for Dragon's Breathe builds and can work well with Temporal Loops level 20 talent. If I don't take the level 1 Sand Blast damage farming talent, I don't take Piercing Sands. I rarely pick Bronze Talons because if I'm going Sand Blast build I don't plan on ever being within right-click range of anyone on the opposing team and find more value in Piercing Sands.

Piercing Sands or Bronze Talons are for Sand Blast builds, Enveloping Assault is for Dragon's Breathe builds and can work well with Temporal Loops level 20 talent. If I don't take the level 1 Sand Blast damage farming talent, I don't take Piercing Sands. I rarely pick Bronze Talons because if I'm going Sand Blast build I don't plan on ever being within right-click range of anyone on the opposing team and find more value in Piercing Sands.

Disagree, enveloping assault doesn't do enough for the W build imo and Bronze Talons is a PVE talent first and foremost to me. With it you can actually contribute a bit to bosses etc.

You have to use Sand Blast to get the damage bonus. So in the instance in which you're saying it helps, you're wasting mana on an ability that does not contribute to the activity you're doing every few seconds to get some extra right-click damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom