• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told ya. I'm really starting to like the guy. Past the throwing shade he seems like a nice guy.
They didn't go that far. They saw them beneath myi and dignitas basically. Which isn't something I can judge personally.

Alur

They straight up said the mYi/Dig/Tempest/x-Team was the strongest group. Basically it was MVP, estar, and some also rans was the vibe I got. And on the whole, I'd agree, if you're considering 4 teams possibly making it out it's likely any 4 could from that group. But NVT's group contains the best team in the world and arguably the 3rd. I'd much rather play mYi's group than NVT's group if I were just any random team attempting to qualify when there's only two spots available.

Earlier Jake called em out on their behavior after a win amongst themselves, and Caff and Dunk pish poshed em the whole show lol. It's pretty clear they don't think much of them...and I don't even know what that says about where C9 was at in it's final days.

You take it too personal, what's the point in calling C9 out at this point? EDG is an unknown right now so that really can't be said, on paper I'd agree. Also depends on which team they'd replace. They never faced myi and dignitas beat them before.

kirblar

You take it too personal, what's the point in calling C9 out at this point? EDG is an unknown right now so that really can't be said, on paper I'd agree. Also depends on which team they'd replace. They never faced myi and dignitas beat theme before
Good lord, you're the C9 defense force, and they don't even exist anymore!

They're clearly salty as F.

Alur

You take it too personal, what's the point in calling C9 out at this point? EDG is an unknown right now so that really can't be said, on paper I'd agree. Also depends on which team they'd replace. They never faced myi and dignitas beat them before.

I'm not taking it personal at all. I said I hope they are taking it personal. I said it was a good episode. You're the dude who has to present the contrary point to every post made. What's the point of defending C9 at every turn? LOL, you were so wrong for so long, why not keep it up I guess?

They haven't beaten mYi or Dig, but find me someone who would rather play MVP Black and estar to qualify instead of those two teams and I'll find you a liar.

Alur

I wonder how long til they finally get him living here in NA. He can't do anything til he does that, and there's been no movement on that. I kinda feel like it's all talk.

I keep forgetting who the 5th person on NVT is. Wonder how long until Wiz takes the spot.
Bigempact shortlived blaze guy, beat NVT before he and the rest of the team got poached.
I'm not taking it personal at all. I said I hope they are taking it personal. I said it was a good episode. You're the dude who has to present the contrary point to every post made. What's the point of defending C9 at every turn? LOL, you were so wrong for so long, why not keep it up I guess?

They haven't beaten mYi or Dig, but find me someone who would rather play MVP Black and estar to qualify instead of those two teams and I'll find you a liar.

The point is the team is gone and the players split. They even said exactly what went down when they pretty much spelled out that not all of them liked the other guys on the team anymore.
Lastly I still won't admit to having been wrong, call it denial.

Strider

As I'm sure you guys know I haven't really been playing this game for months considering I used to post a lot and now I never do :p Anyway I read about the changes this latest patch and HOLY SHIT UNRANKED DRAFT I need to launch this game right now.

I queue into it without even looking at any other changes and when I find a match I realize "fuuuuuuuck Idk what heroes are good or not or any of this new shit" and I have first pick lol Thank god I wasn't in charge of bans. Anyway just went with what I thought was a safe pick of Valla considering the easy kit and I've played a lot of her... then my team can just build around that.

Anyway we won easily I got sorta carried because I'm rusty but who cares because I killed some shit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But yea being able to play unranked matches without the most shit comps every game is greeeeaaaaat. I also took note of some QoL changes that I'm glad they finally added. No idea how long it's been there exactly (since it's new to me) but being able to alt-click ability cooldowns, etc is very nice.

Long story short: This game feels really good again
goodjob.gif

Alur

Long story short: This game feels really good again
goodjob.gif

It's definitely better with unranked draft and new ranked mode. And the alt+click happened a couple patches back, not sure when.

When in doubt, assume the mages are OP and you'll be fine for first pick. KT and Li-Ming forever.

Strider

When in doubt, assume the mages are OP and you'll be fine for first pick. KT and Li-Ming forever.

Both were the first 2 banned lol

I've been told Li-Ming is broken though but tbh I don't even know her abilities yet. Bet she's fun though.

Alur

Holy cow this dude's HOTS arcade cabinet he built

...I thought I was a real fan. Ain't got nothin' on this dude. Here's the reddit thread too: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofth...my_carbot_based_fan_project_i_dub_it_carcade/

Both were the first 2 banned lol

I've been told Li-Ming is broken though but tbh I don't even know her abilities yet. Bet she's fun though.

Yeah, typically Li-Ming and KT are the first two banned. Sometimes Illidan or another sneaks in there so Li-Ming can be picked. I can't remember the last game I saw KT in to be honest.

Li-Ming has a trait that resets all her cooldowns (even heroic) every time an enemy hero dies. It is as broken as it sounds. One kill in a team fight can turn into a snowball quickly. Thankfully she's not quite as bad as she was, but her damage is strong, survivability is good (she has a built in blink on a 5 sec cooldown), and of course the resets.

I can't remember when you stepped out, but several of the heroes post Blizzcon are in a good spot. I really like Lunara and Xul. Greymane is pretty good. Tracer is super fun to play and super annoying to play against (ie: Murky).

Alur

I don't know if it was a fluke or an outright repeatable bug, but I got hit by Greymane's Q while in bird form the other night. Was weird. He wasn't even targeting me, I just caught the splash.

kirblar

Solo Support Tassadar is exactly why that QM "fix" was such a shit-show. It didn't fix the "SUPPORT != FULL HEALER" information problem.

Was having that exact same issue 6+ months ago- morons thought since I grabbed Tassadar, we didn't need a healer.

Solo Support Tassadar is exactly why that QM "fix" was such a shit-show. It didn't fix the "SUPPORT != FULL HEALER" information problem.

Was having that exact same issue 6+ months ago- morons thought since I grabbed Tassadar, we didn't need a healer.

True I just had to explain to someone that tass + 2nd support is perfectly normal. Blamed in on 2 supports instead of not killing chromie more than once. She had 100k dmg at the end. 2-1 So far in placements

Zackat

yo that arcade cabinet.

I haven't played my placement matches yet. Just doing unranked draft to get back into the swing of things.

You know what's not funny. THAT FUCKING BLIZZARD STILL HASN'T FIXED AUTO SELECT IN DRAFT! When a player selects ETC and that hero becomes banned DON'T FUCKING GIVE US TASSADAR BOT IN HIS PLACE, KICK HIM!
Not to mention that 1 player took medic against 3!!! melee heroes when we only had 1 in the pipeline. I wish someone would have banned morales for once because there wasn't a support less suited.

So after 4 games in the new season, nothing has changed.

Alur

Was something supposed to change just because the ladder is set up better? Maybe some closer MMR games at the bottom and top end, I suppose.

People are still gonna do what they want to do. And other people are still gonna bitch about them doing it. That's online gaming at it's core.

kirblar

Was something supposed to change just because the ladder is set up better? Maybe some closer MMR games at the bottom and top end, I suppose.

People are still gonna do what they want to do. And other people are still gonna bitch about them doing it. That's online gaming at it's core.
Blizzard had an issue with people not understanding that Ty/Tass aren't supposed to solo support in most situations.

They proceeded to "fix" the problem by actively feeding the misconception.

Alur

Blizzard had an issue with people not understanding that Ty/Tass aren't supposed to solo support in most situations.

They proceeded to "fix" the problem by actively feeding the misconception.

What does that have to do with the new ranked system? I know it's your pet peeve you like to bring up often, but not sure it's relevant to what Familie was talking about.

Think he was referring to my rant. To answer the question, not particularly but it was like giving it another try, maybe it would be better this time. Maybe Blizzard would have stopped random picks in HL.Obviously THEY HAVEN'T.

Li Ming, Raynor, Zagara and Medic clearly needed Tassadar for a good team comp. Opponents only had Thrall, Sonya, Malf, Leoric and Nazeebo.

kirblar

What does that have to do with the new ranked system? I know it's your pet peeve you like to bring up often, but not sure it's relevant to what Familie was talking about.
Oh, I was responding to his first shitty ranked experience in the post prior to that, lol, not the second you responded to. I didn't realize he posted two!

And yeah, AFK picks should = kicks and leaver status.

Alur

Think he was referring to my rant. To answer the question, not particularly but it was like giving it another try, maybe it would be better this time. Maybe Blizzard would have stopped random picks in HL.Obviously THEY HAVEN'T.

It's definitely something they need to do and I'm sure they will, like they have most everything else. Doesn't make it any better now though, but considering the major things we've waited on, that one is relatively minor in it's frequency IMO.

Your rant said you got a Tassadar bot. Not sure how that turns into yet another rant on Tass/Tyrande reworks lol, but kirb gonna kirb.

EDIT: Damn you had a Leoric. I thought he was deleted from the game last fall.

what buffs you guys think Medivh will get?

i really hate how the Portal has a slight cast time AND using it has a short channel time. should all be instant.

i also think one of the Arcane Rift talents should offer increased range and missle speed.

kirblar

what buffs you guys think Medivh will get?

i really hate how the Portal has a slight cast time AND using it has a short channel time. should all be instant.

i also think one of the Arcane Rift talents should offer increased range and missle speed.
None for a while.

They need time to get TL/competitive data first.

Alur

I don't think they can buff him yet either. The delay on going through the portal is a bit annoying, but it's also his strongest ability if you have an organized team. If it gets even stronger I dunno.

Honestly his damage sucks in every game I've seen him in bar when MVP Rich was playing him. I don't even know how he got that much damage out of him without getting gibbed. Just constant harassment I guess and ignoring all the other things that Medivh could be doing.

It's really hard to see a way he becomes viable for every day play without a massive improvement in either (A) the playerbase's general knowledge and awareness or (B) him getting a damage and wave clear boost. Right now, due to no one taking the portals he's just kind of a poor man's Tassadar.

Celegus

4-5 in placements so far. All I have to say is people are really really really bad at this video game. Muradin solo camping while we have curse? Check! Tychus running into tribute alone when it's 0/0 and they have no keeps left? Check! Valla thinking she's the tank? Check!

Keep getting teams of all unplaced against teams of almost all platinums.

Ketch

I think they could do some quality of life things like making the portal more visible to friendly players, maybe like a different animation for when it spawns in. Also, it would be nice if you try to demount over terrain it would just drop you next to the terrain. The first time I played him I couldn't figure out why my spells never went off and it's because if you're over any terrain it just doesn't do anything. And finally, I think all of his Q talents are terrible, they could buff some of those or move them around a bit.

Like a questing talent that starts at lvl 7 and requires you to hit 35 times without dying is dumb. It could at least be more like snipe master where it increases by 5% every time until you miss or something.

I think poly bomb is really strong and force of will is really strong, the portals are cool but I think even in an organized group people won't take portal talents because it's still too unreliable.

Duress

You know it's bad when you can't take out a set of towers.

Horrible AI bots when someone bails.

Stitches, Medivh, Abathur, Lost Vikings, Nova, Zeratul. Probably more, can't think of them.

Alur

4-5 in placements so far. All I have to say is people are really really really bad at this video game. Muradin solo camping while we have curse? Check! Tychus running into tribute alone when it's 0/0 and they have no keeps left? Check! Valla thinking she's the tank? Check!

Keep getting teams of all unplaced against teams of almost all platinums.

Well, ideally you'd go 5-5 every 10 games and be in your perfect MMR bracket if things are balanced. It's just the ways you lose the 5 that really irk you, though when I look at it the ways I win games are often the same ways I see my team losing, it just happens to someone else. Gat damn if it isn't demoralizing though.

And sounds like you'll end up in platinum. I saw diamonds in mine before I placed in diamond and proto did too.

Like a questing talent that starts at lvl 7 and requires you to hit 35 times without dying is dumb. It could at least be more like snipe master where it increases by 5% every time until you miss or something.

Yeah, it's a shit fucking talent. Doesn't even make sense. Number to hit is too high for the average player and then they take on not dying as well? GG on picking that. You just skipped your level 7 talent tier good job.

I think poly bomb is really strong and force of will is really strong, the portals are cool but I think even in an organized group people won't take portal talents because it's still too unreliable.

On THH Dunk, Caff, and Srey (and Dunk in general since he was announced) are all about his portals. To pros that is the skill (and the use of that skill) that makes or breaks him. Dunk has said before that the W is basically a Tassadar shield that doesn't stick around, and I can see that.

Caff said the portal range talent at 13 is ridiculous a few times in this last episode. I can't see a reason to take em for the average player, though, since no one uses the damn things except occasionally misclicking on it. May as well have no skill on your E for the majority of each game from my 5 games of experience.

Force of Will is so strong, a good Medivh can shut out so much damage with it, it's frustrating to play against.

That's about all he has going for him at our level, though. And, as the THH folks said, it's basically Tassadar's shield but with no ability to stick around after or allow you to heal off basic attacks with it. At level 1 Tassadar's shield prevents 356 damage, and you'll rarely see Medivh's W prevent more than 300-400 tops until late game unless you're stopping a Pyroblast or something.

It is definitely strong, but it's not really all that better. Depending on the situation you would want one or the other, which is a good thing, as opposed to Medivh's just being a strictly better version 100% of the time.

Just got stuck in a match where we waited over 5 minutes for someone to join in only to have them not be in the match and were then forced to slowly lose with a bot. How are these even problems in HotS?

Dota 2 has a pre-match connection lobby, if someone fails to connect in a small time frame, everyone else is returned to the queue. In HotS you just have to wait, and wait, and, in the case of tonight's match, wait some more, all the while staring at a loading screen or alt-tabbing out and hoping the client forces itself to fullscreen when the match actually loads.

Games aren't safe to leave if someone fails to reconnect after a few minutes and the bot A.I. is absolutely horrendous. We were playing Tomb of the Spider Queen the bot doesn't even pick up the gems if you leave it unattended to clear a wave.

I don't understand why this game has problems that others in the genre already have solutions for. It's aggravating.

brian!

tass shield is way better than force of will, force of will is only really superior in chain stun or when someone applies vulnerable for the blow up

Ketch

On THH Dunk, Caff, and Srey (and Dunk in general since he was announced) are all about his portals. To pros that is the skill (and the use of that skill) that makes or breaks him. Dunk has said before that the W is basically a Tassadar shield that doesn't stick around, and I can see that.

Caff said the portal range talent at 13 is ridiculous a few times in this last episode. I can't see a reason to take em for the average player, though, since no one uses the damn things except occasionally misclicking on it. May as well have no skill on your E for the majority of each game from my 5 games of experience.

I could see the range being pretty good, especially since the other talents aren't so great there. But some (most?) of the E talents are also dumb too, like block or the raven thing or even the place both sides thing all seem bad to lackluster.

Like placing both sides could be cool if it didn't take extra time to do.

Alur

How was LightKnight GM1 on NA... Before chu toppled him

Kind of impressed dude got to grandmaster. Backing up his talk at least.

Also impressed he managed to get unsilenced long enough to play HL. He has been silenced every time I've ever seen him in a game previously, unless he did it on an alt.

How the fuck do you get Malf and Greymane together?

Something went ugly in that draft (I missed it)

First pick Muradin for denial went wrong. They went Mura + Greymane, Ban Rehgar, Tyrande + Malf, after which they already had little choice because they were lacking any waveclear.
Gilly mentioned NVT talking about the tyrande malf pairing so it seems deliberate but MVP were baiting them into Kharazim hard.

kirblar

First pick Muradin for denial went wrong. They went Mura + Greymane, Ban Rehgar, Tyrande + Malf, after which they already had little choice because they were lacking any waveclear.
Gilly mentioned NVT talking about the tyrande malf pairing so it seems deliberate but MVP were baiting them into Kharazim hard.
Ty/Malf seems fine, but Greymane can't pair with that whatsoever since you would need Tyrael to give him the cover he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom