• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was for game 1

K6Pp5dP.png

kirblar

So is NvT out?
Probably, unless they stop drafting like absolute garbage in the loser's bracket.

edit: wtf @ Xul on Battlefield

edit2: How is BoE being a "poke map" a local meta thing? The whole thing rewards winning drawn out fights because it's so easy to wait for a rez and you can retreat easily. It's like saying TLV are a "meta" thing on GoT.

Celegus

Well, ideally you'd go 5-5 every 10 games and be in your perfect MMR bracket if things are balanced. It's just the ways you lose the 5 that really irk you, though when I look at it the ways I win games are often the same ways I see my team losing, it just happens to someone else. Gat damn if it isn't demoralizing though.

And sounds like you'll end up in platinum. I saw diamonds in mine before I placed in diamond and proto did too.

Yeah it just sucks when pointless late game antics cost you a game you'd otherwise have no problem winning. Went 4-6 but I did still end up in platinum, so that's good. I was just scared I'd be stuck in silver or something if I lost most of the placements.

kirblar

PBA tried Tyrande vs Rehgar before. It did not end well for them then, it won't end well now.

edit: NVT does NOT have the damage advantage until L10, what the hell are they doing w/ these huge rotations instead of just having Kerrigan/Muradin roam?

Maledict

WTF on the commentary?

"McIntyre is the often considered the weakest link"?

By WHO? in the team with Kenma and BigImpact?

(No offence ot BigE but he hasn't played neough to be solid yet IMO).

brian!

Yeah it's not good esp. W/ all the funnel on this map, if they can take fights outside it can do a bit better, hilarious comp for a chinese team though

almost 20k viewers

lol that second replay
estar: "they're...they're walking backwards and attacking, I don't understand!"

hell yeah raynor w/o protection w/ a priority on heroes that can give him exec proc, I should start watching chinese games
oh dang it's a misclick? I'm disappointed

brian!

yeah it's been said since the time they got rocked by gfe that nvt roster changes are expected
since they were already considering dropping mc ~ the time they dropped erho, it feels likely it'll be kenma, mc + maybe big e getting replaced

brian!

the balls on kenma playing medic against that
he has to play pretty flawlessly for this to work
gooo nvt

ignoring uther ghost in first skirmish not a good sign lol
ugh this game is like the opposite of the last series

this game is like when you see kids simulating fights with action figures by just jamming them into each other over and over

brian!

they wanted medic to counter the dive and estar has low aoe, kenma actually plays a lot of monk
but kenma is also getting scared and preemptively safeguarding himself ughhhh

kirblar

NVT's drafting is just really bad. They're handicapping themselves off the bat.

Falstad ban signals they want ETC when it happens btw.

brian!

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NVT TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

pick kerri for mac!

arthas while tychus still up...cc gotta be on point for them or they get shredded

Alur

NVT drafts are done by Zuna.

They are mistaken if they think Mac is the problem though. And I still can't see Kenma going without Zuna going too.

Alur

bige def hasn't made the kind of impact - pardon the pun - that they thought when they went and got him. Neither did Tomster either. Much hype but such mediocrity.

Isn't it more that their hero pool is too incompatible, leading to usually great players taking roles they aren't as good in.

Also not sure if judging tomster by tempo is fair. Look at, Srey he looked awful with them but he looked strong or at least on par with BP.

kirblar

bige def hasn't made the kind of impact - pardon the pun - that they thought when they went and got him. Neither did Tomster either. Much hype but such mediocrity.
It's like, they pick Greymane for him IMMEDIATELY each of these awful Greymane drafts, then pick 4 other heroes to try and win with, ignoring the need to build a comp around Greymane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom