• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

It's fair to judge based on what we've seen IMO. We've seen more nothing from him than we ever saw good beforehand from my POV. Definitely just as much. Glaurung has always been Glaurung and Mac was always Mac regardless of how good their team was. The best players should be noticeable.

Kenma says he'l/they'll be back for Blizzcon on Twitter.

Celegus

I just don't get why he would take medivac on a tiny map when you could stim Tychus. It was entirely useless. Stim with a built up In the Rhythm will either melt half their team, chase them all off, or at the very least get good damage on the immortal.

Ronabo

3 HL games in a row someone disconnected during draft. Really pisses me off when I had first pick Mi-Ling in all three.

edit:4 now

Alur

LOL, the salt returns.

To be fair, in this particular round of qualifiers it never really looked like they were gonna be at worlds. Still a bit of a surprise that they didn't do their usual and pull it out, but not a huge one like it was when they got rekt in Korea.

Milly79

Apparently Kenma has a history of trashing Dunk. I didn't know that. Regardless, Kenma is far from the best support in the world (even tho he thinks that). LOL

Alur

Kenma not even top three or four NA probably, let alone the world. Dude was the weakest link from day one according to pretty much everyone. I could almost swear I remember them saying on THH at the time that they thought Kenma might be temporary.

Alur

Hah, I was just about to post the same thing. Doesn't seem like he's done much PR work. I'm not even sure why there is a director of communication. It's not like they are huge at the moment, just in a couple games IIRC. Either way, he's doing the opposite of what you'd typically want.

Apparently one of the GFE people went at Dunk for that tweet too. Gotta get dat dramamine dosage up. And Vandy lol'd at someone tweeting that it may be time to replace Zuna and Kenma.

Alur

Team had an unlikely makeup from the start. It'd take a lot for me to be totally shocked by anything they did or that happened to them.

Everyone else is silent and he's screaming,flailing his arms around and counting with his fingers.

Not sure what a support change would change for them. They'd still not have a tank main, 1.5 to 2 melees and 2 to 2.5 ranged.
None of them are outstanding warriors and we've seen all of them try. Which means they are a team with neither a great support nor warrior but great everything in between multiple times.

Skab

What was that "leaked" list of upcoming heroes from a little while back?

It had Gul'dan and Varian on it, and maybe two others?

Maledict

Gul'Dan, then the Orc Blademaster (Sumano?), then Auriel the Archangel of hope followed by Varian Wynn. Two new Starcraft themed maps and a bunch of skins including volleyball Ali-Limg and magic kingdom Arthas.

Another Arthas Skin? Still no good skin for Johanna and some other heroes could use some more too.

I don't understand how they schedule these? Based on popularity but then KT should have 3 or 4 already.

Alur

None of them are outstandingoing warriors and we've all of them try. Which means they are a team with neither a great support nor warrior but great everything in between multiple times.

Nailed it. They have all kinds of flex talent, but in this game the tank and support are crucial.

I don't understand how they schedule these? Based on popularity but then KT should have 3 or 4 already.

I don't get it either. Totally amazed KT doesn't have another skin yet. Been hands down the most popular character for the majority of the past year straight. Hell, Stitches has 6 if you count the Bikini one and he was hardly played for a good 6-7 months. Rehgar hasn't had a new skin in ages either, though he does have 4 total. I'd like to see a new Lunara skin.

Basically any hero with only their release + master + alt skin needs to have a 4th added before we see lesser played heroes getting their 5th and 6th IMO.

Dr. Buni

Gul'Dan, then the Orc Blademaster (Sumano?), then Auriel the Archangel of hope followed by Varian Wynn. Two new Starcraft themed maps and a bunch of skins including volleyball Ali-Limg and magic kingdom Arthas.
3 new Warcraft heroes? No wonder people call this Heroes of Warcraft... Auriel and Starcraft maps would be hype though.

Alur

America is up to 135 grandmasters. Korea has 23. Europe jumped hugely from two days ago and now has the most at 172. China has 85.

Don't really know why the Korean number is so low. Everyone talks about how good the queues are there compared to here in NA, for example...so are they just not playing yet or what?

Ketch

America is up to 135 grandmasters. Korea has 23. Europe jumped hugely from two days ago and now has the most at 172. China has 85.

Don't really know why the Korean number is so low. Everyone talks about how good the queues are there compared to here in NA, for example...so are they just not playing yet or what?

There's like 5x more people living in the US then South Korea.

China on the other hand is probably because not a lot people playing.

Alur

I hoped they would do an event. Guess we get the heroes anyway /shrug. It is weird, though. Movie now in June, then the expansion at the end of August. There was pretty much no wiggle room for them to go with something else if they wanted to tie-in.

In hindsight, it looks like the single hero tie-in to Overwatch didn't hurt them at all...but how often is Blizzard launching a new IP? I wish we had gotten 3 Overwatch heroes just to change things up. Some of them would be very fun translated to HOTS.

There's like 5x more people living in the US then South Korea.

China on the other hand is probably because not a lot people playing.

Yes, but pro players play on ping sometimes just to play HOTS there because the games are more competitive which would imply there should be enough to make up a decent sized grandmaster pool. Then again, the game is (really) all but dead there so maybe it was too little too late like what happens to you sometimes when you play X-Com and you put a satellite in one country but another one gets overran or pulls out of the alliance. /badanalogies

Ketch

Yes, but pro players play on ping sometimes just to play HOTS there because the games are more competitive which would imply there should be enough to make up a decent sized grandmaster pool. Then again, the game is (really) all but dead there so maybe it was too little too late like what happens to you sometimes when you play X-Com and you put a satellite in one country but another one gets overran or pulls out of the alliance. /badanalogies

We're talking like 50 million people vs 250 million people. There's like no way it would be possible for their numbers to match ours unless it
Was the most popular game there and the least popular game here.

It just says more about how hard it is to hit GM. Think about it... 150ish for all of the US where there's probably like 1 to 3 million accounts.... That's like .01%.

Not surprised to see it so low in a country with so fewer people in it.

Edit: also, isn't it supposed to top out at 500? So then theoretically, eventually, GM will be the top 500 players in each region.

Alur

Edit: also, isn't it supposed to top out at 500? So then theoretically, eventually, GM will be the top 500 players in each region.

Yes. That's why I'm surprised there's only 23 players who have played enough to get into grandmaster there. No matter what there will be 500 overall. They are lagging behind on the numbers getting there quickly, which both goes against the pros wanting to play on their server + their general aptitude for grinding versus ours which they've also demonstrated in their practice for competitive. It's like we were talking about Lightknight. He got there cause he played like 20-30 games more than anyone else and it took him all the way to #1 until the others played some more games to catch up with his points total.

Literally every top player will get there if they have played enough and don't suddenly start sucking. It just basically says no one there is playing enough to get in.

EewwKGb.png

Have to feel bad for him, all he wants to do is play Kerrigan and he's stuck playing a wide array of heroes he's not even particularly good at.

Director of communication y'all
GysiHGy.png

Alur

That sounds like goodbye from McIntyre.

And damn, that communications dude. He's so heel I am even starting to hate NVT.

EDIT: KT AND Li-Ming in the same game. Dis goin be bloody.

Maledict

I now know how milly felt with C9.

AlextheProG is *shit*, and Dignitas can no longer draft nor shot call effectively. European hopes rest on MYI it seems.

Alur

Yeah. Dig losing makes me more sad than C9 losing. NeverLucky

Dread's reaction in the postgame analysis lolol

EDIT: Has there been any good Greymane in all this? I know it wasn't working for NVT in that last series but these games are on so late that I never get to watch.

Maledict

Yeah. Dig losing makes me more sad than C9 losing. NeverLucky

Dread's reaction in the postgame analysis lolol

EDIT: Has there been any good Greymane in all this? I know it wasn't working for NVT in that last series but these games are on so late that I never get to watch.

The Chinese and Korean teams have been playing amazing greymane - by playing him with Tyrael and Uther. For some reason NA and EU refuse to do that, so he's just flat out bad.

Alur

I'm sure competitive could turn out different, but everytime I've seen Lili picked to counter Illidan in diamond it's been a roflstomp for the Illidan.

Anyway, kirblar...Dread just dropped top decked and rekt just for you man lol

EDIT: Wow, AlextheProFeed

Maledict

Exactly. How. Milly. Felt.

Seriously, bakery's dumb arrogance has fucked this team. I really like the guy, but just because one player is willing to practise 10 hours a day doesn't make them better than the player who will only practice 6 hours a day.

Edit: poison nova versus a two support team?

Alur

Is he the 10 hour guy or the 6 hour guy?

Also, damn, that ace. So close to going the other way, but in general Dig just getting rekt.

Alur

I cannot get into KendricSwish. I dunno if it's the way the dude looks or how often he seems confused/lacks knowledge...or both. But man. I'd take Jake or Zoia or hell anyone in that spot over him.

EDIT: Dem palms were gud doe. On that Bakery level, you could say. The ultimate one-up.

EDIT: This Blumbi (sp?) guy is like matter of fact "we had our drafts planned to a "T"" regardless of what Dig did. Sure wish some of these other teams did that.

Oh yeah always wondered what got Kendric his position didn't even knew him before he hosted a regional out of the blue.
He seems genuine but I dislike german accents
because I have the same

I'm still confused how group stage works in Blizz events, myi will play against the winner between tempest and xteam which will be tempest, dig then has to win against xteam to get another shot at beating myi (unless they do an upset and beat tempest)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom