• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

I really don't think dig would have qualified with this team - fanatic would have taken them out, or TeamLiquid even.

Alex is the 10 hour guy - they replaced Wubby with him because Wubby didn't have the drive the rest of them do. Thing is, drive can only take you so far and it's clear that Alex doesn't fit the team and they no longer have someone who can draft like Wubby could. It's such a shame as Snitch is a fantastic player and Bakery a great support. Maybe they replace Alex with Aethero?

Alur

Speaking of Jake, JHow is making it real obvious why he got picked over him.

Really, really impressed with him. Still don't understand why all his co-casters constantly call him handsome on casts and Twitter if it's trolling, but beyond that he's quickly cemented himself as top three/four talent in the scene IMO.

Oh yeah always wondered what got Kendric his position didn't even knew him before he hosted a regional out of the blue.
He seems genuine but I dislike german accents
because I have the same

I don't mind the accent. I think it's because
I'm an asshole for noticing
he's gained a good deal of weight in his face since he started in HOTS but appears on camera all the time. Coupled with him being less knowledgeable than the rest and it just irrationally irks me.

I really don't think dig would have qualified with this team - fanatic would have taken them out, or TeamLiquid even.

Kind of wish they would've.

I thought Athero was Dig last year? I lose track of all the musical chairs. On both sides now.

EDIT: Yeah, he was at Blizzcon with em right? Tyrael play.

I don't mind the accent. I think it's because
I'm an asshole for noticing
he's gained a good deal of weight in his face since he started in HOTS but appears on camera all the time. Coupled with him being less knowledgeable than the rest and it just irrationally irks me.

I thought Athero was Dig last year? I lose track of all the musical chairs. On both sides now.

Ha I'm not the only one fat shaming but the same can be said about Naventic.

Athero was Dig, he and Schwimpi were poached by Fnatic when dig 2.0 didn't work out. They are still good friends though irl they constantly do voice chat on discord when playing hots. Athero was the reason Tyrael had a 100% winrate at Blizzcon and was banned constant y once fnatic spilled the beans on the comp in scrims.

g1t639l.png

kirblar

JHow looks way better on Fri/Sat. They were having big hair/makeup issues on the first few days- that should never be an issue that blatant.

edit: X-Team's Rehgar is not playing backline healbot and is dying first almost every time because of it.

Celegus

Just woke up, sounds like myI trashed Dig? Tempest just 2-0'd X-Team. Was hoping myI and Tempest make it out since Dig can't make up their mind on a team and only seem to be getting worse each time.

I wonder if dig should just pick kharazim and ban rehgar in 2nd rotation against myi. Myi doesn't prioritize him in draft and dig seems afraid of giving rehgar up.

How do you not wait for Slyvanas to start haunting wave to stun her out?

Which is a completely different approach to the turtle up and poke approach we have.

This has to be bloodlust for myi to prioritize rehgar, or they are trying to sneak in an illidan comp.

kirblar

They first picked Rehgar because Rehgar, KT and Illidan are the best 3 individual heroes in the game right now. We do it all the time in TL.

Holy fuck did Tempest fuck up their own draft w/ the Greymane pick. This was NVT-level bad. The Reh/Lunara pick took Uther off the table, meaning they needed to grab Tyrael if they wanted to play Greymane. Instead they grabbed Sonya/Greymane, allowing for the Cho'Gall "get f'd" pick

In HL sure but I've seen no team first pick him so far in Sweden, ended up being chogall but for a team that doesn't mind giving up rehgar and at times picks monk over him, there had to be something up.

kirblar

In HL sure but I've seen no team first pick him so far in Sweden, ended up being chogall but for a team that doesn't mind giving up rehgar and at times picks monk over him, there had to be something up.
KT and Illidan were both banned which hasn't normally been the case. In that situation he's the correct first pick IMO.

kirblar

Oh look, a Sylvanas running around solo at level 18+ getting picked off by the enemy team.

Gee, that hasn't been happening at all today.

kirblar

Holy shit what a throw by Dignitas splitting up like they did. They had two heroes fighting off 1 viking while the other three got ganked by Anub turning it into a 3 on 2.

Didn't catch the 2nd half of the game but knew Dignitas would muck it up still. I don't even think that Alex' quality is the issue so much as their whole team dynamic is off.

Like clockwork Dignitas fucks it up. They were bodied the first series but they shouldn't have lost this one. Poor play by all of them at times, poor shotcalling, clumping up, spreading bombs,... they aren't even looking at their blizzcon level. For tours I gave them the benefit of the doubt but can't even put all of this on Alex

Milly79

We fell 0-2 to China's eStar Gaming yesterday and are eliminated from the Summer Global Championship.
Announcement/news coming soon.
Thanks to everyone who supported the team this season, we will be back for BlizzCon.

Alur

I like the reddit fantasy GMing of a new team. Mac, Fan, Caff, Yuuj, (insert fifth). If NVT gets rid of Mac, though, seems like a good spot for Caff to slot in since he has what they need. If I was Fan I'd peace out, though.

Ketch

Dunktrain retired?

Why wouldn't NVT drop big E for caff?

Then u got caff tank, Kenma supt, Mac /Zuna/ fan as assassin/flex

Alur

Cause Mac was the other name on the chopping block in the Erho fiasco, and he's the one who keeps getting shifted around. Plus his tweet. Just seems like he's the odd man out.

Basically everything he can play Fan can already play. bige is there so Fan doesn't need to play ranged necessarily, and Mac is there for melee but Fan takes his spot. And then Zuna comes in and takes whoever's spot he feels like. Basically 4 dudes who all play the same shit, or want to.

Alur

There's no denying Zuna's track record. How many other players have taken two completely separate rosters to #1/#2 consistently in their region? On the flip side, there's no denying that if there was ever a team that could reign in his inconsistency he'd be truly insane. Since there's not, though, hitching your wagon to him when the competition is as good or better is like gambling in Vegas. You might win, but the odds are stacked against you.

I repeat that if I were Fan and Mac I'd peace out. Fan can play for whoever he wants. He'd instantly lift any team another tier. Mac's role is filled by a lot of the bigger names in the scene who are on the teams right behind him (Udall, Glaurung, etc), so it's a bit harder for him. But they have to see that it's just not gonna happen on the level that they both want with the team they have.

I'm typically against the rosterpocalypse stuff, but in this scenario the team has basically been untenable personality wise from day one. Anything short of pure domination is misery for everyone, and the brothers just have too much sway for the rest of the team to make any headway.

Milly79

When your girl posts a pic on the gram of you assembling a baby sleeper while chu8 is in the background on the tv and you're a closet nerd. Feelsbadman.gif

Alur

That's pretty big coming from him as he's always defended all of those guys. Nothing we didn't already infer, but it makes me feel better for Fan and bige and Mac that most people find them (relatively) blameless when it comes to the team's shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom