• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Zoia's stream is juicy today. He just plain said Arthelon and Dread butted heads. Apparently because Arthelon felt like he taught dread shotcalling but he got all the credit.

Now they are talking about the time Tempo dominated and why.

That wasn't the whole issue, MVP got 1.5 for their 1 fort early. Coupled with a much stronger early game comp they got most of the first temple phase in addition putting them far ahead.

It's odd they took a lategame comp only to try end the game early through cheese.

kirblar

That wasn't the whole issue, MVP got 1.5 for their 1 fort early. Coupled with a much stronger early game comp they got most of the first temple phase in addition putting them far ahead.
MVP was using 3 bodies to finish the fort. MyI was using 4.

That wasn't a late game comp. It was a cheese comp designed to backdoor win.

MVP was using 3 bodies to finish the fort. MyI was using 4.

That wasn't a late game comp. It was a cheese comp designed to backdoor win.

Yes definitely but Artanis and Raynor get much stronger lategame, wasn't there room for Zeratul instead of one of these? If they had VP they really could have gotten more of it. Forced a b back then VP them when they come out of the nexus.

jetsetrez

The idea behind that draft was incredibly smart, the execution just wasn't perfect. If they just took the fort and then played safe and got to 10 close to MVP, I think they could've won.

Also, I gotta say, this has been an excellent tourney. The production and rapid pace is such a huge improvement over prior regionals. They're really finally starting to get the flow down for this game. Great, passionate casting lineup, level of competition and excitement of games is finally there, this is great to see. This show is finally feeling as good and polished as the early SC2 tourneys.

Alur

HE HAS A MAGNET ON THAT THING - Khaldor 2016

mYi, the unlikely heroes of the western world. They made them bleed their own blood.

kirblar

Not shocked at all that out PVEing MVP Black is how you beat them. The Korean Falstads consistently had less exp than NA/Euro ones when they did the comparison.

kirblar

That comp w Diablo AND Ty seemed to have been a clusterfuck up by MVP Black in that they had to move people onto unpracticed heroes.

Not banning out KT as Vikings is so bizarre to me.
Probably expected a first pick Illidan that'd allow them to pick KT up as well.
Or just counted on jump negating the bombs.

Also interesting in MVPs comp is that the support for Illidan and Greymane is damage and gravity lapse. They had none of the enablers we've seen usually.

jediyoshi

t3NGWL3.png

tfw chen outdmgs kt

So is this the tournament where we get the diablo portrait? I haven't played Hots alot the last few months. Miss it but all my friends switched to Dota.

Maledict

It's due to the super shitty reconnect system.

They need to invest in a new client.

I would to be surprised, but I don't think they can. It's a fundamental aspect of the current client, and they would need to remake the game and client from scratch to resolve these issues (and allow in game spectating etc).

I just don't see the game being big enough to justify that expenditure for Blizzard - look at how hard it was for Dota.

brian!

Yeah and possibly a new drafting system
I forget how dota does it
League just bans 3 each team in the beginning

Also increases the grind to get heroes for ppl who want to play ranked and unranked

Ketch

Oh shit 5 bans
Makes sense for dota though

Yea. A lot easier with like 120 heroes.

They should just do 3 bans and say fuck it, meta will figure itself out.

Let's say one team picks rehgar and then bans uther, monk, and tyrande.

Other team bans Tass, medic, and malf.

There's still a bright wing, a lili in the pool and medivh.

And that's like the perfect storm of bans to lock out supports.

brian!

Also with dota the heroes are more singular so the bans are a lot more about synergy and counterpicks

Heroes is more like league where you will often have a top 3 in "role" meta, tho ofc synergy and counterpicks cant be understated here either

​KAEL'THAS

Basic Abilities

Living Bomb (W)
Damage over time reduced from 84 to 50.
Explosion damage increased from 138 to 200.

CHROMIE

​Basic Abilities

Time Trap (E)
Mana cost reduced from 50 to 25
Cast range increased by 50%.
Time Trap Base Health increased from 200 to 300.

REHGAR

Stats

Basic Attack damage increased from 95 to 99.
Basic Abilities

Chain Heal (Q)
Primary heal amount reduced from 372 to 334.
Secondary bounce heal amount reduced from 186 to 167.
Lightning Shield (W)
Damage increased from 60 damage per second to 64 damage per second.

Talents

Level 4

Stormcaller (W)
Mana return increased from 3 to 4 per Hero hit.
Maximum Mana returned increased from 30 to 40.

jesus christ they just cant stand seeing Kael not be #1 pick year-round. cant nerf him without buffing him as well, that would be crazy.

first words of developer comments is the best part:

"Developer Comments: Kael’thas’ damage is a bit too high"

which should've followed up with

"so in addition to nerfing his damage we decided to give him more damage"

Ketch

Map was so split that fight. Monk all by himself with nobody to heal or jump too. Game is won on the back of anub dive and li Ming resets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom