• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

You have to keep in mind that the leniency continues on past your placement, at least as far as I have read. It should still function just like the last reset, where you can climb more quickly post placement as well.

Ketch

Oh nice ty, i only know guldan out of those 4

Auriel is a Diablo angel what looks like tyreal but straight up heals people.

Varian wyrn is the leader of the humans in Warcraft as seen in the wow: legion expansion cinematic.

And sumoro is an Orc blade master as seen in grubby's warcraft 3 streams and of what they based the dota hero Juggernaught on. Bald Orc w/ big beaded necklace and ninja katana.

Liquid already signed Athero and Sportbilly. Forgot the other person they cut aside from bkb.

Interesting for the next Dreamhack that is a regional qualifier for blizzcon they directly invited myi and dignitas.

Skab

Auriel is a Diablo angel what looks like tyreal but straight up heals people.

Varian wyrn is the leader of the humans in Warcraft as seen in the wow: legion expansion cinematic.

And sumoro is an Orc blade master as seen in grubby's warcraft 3 streams and of what they based the dota hero Juggernaught on. Bald Orc w/ big beaded necklace and ninja katana.

Actually, we have no idea what she does. She doesn't do anything in D3, just an NPC to talk to/save for a quest.

Sure, her being a support is a safe bet since shes the Archangel of Hope, but for all we know she could be more of a Tassadar type support.

Alur

xiaOt gave Fan his team hoodie after the tournament lol. Fan's wearing it on stream, said "don't worry guys, xiaOt is retiring but he gave me all of his powers."

I guess Gul'dan is likely the next release based on the tease at end of Medivh trailer? All for the character but there are a LOT of mage releases lately.

scoobs

I guess Gul'dan is likely the next release based on the tease at end of Medivh trailer? All for the character but there are a LOT of mage releases lately.

Well technically speaking he's a warlock, so I'd guess he's less bursty and more damage-over-timey.

Maledict

We've only had two mages recently, and one of those isn't actually a Mage. Chromie has a very different role in the game compared to Li-Ming or Kael. Prior to that it was 9 months since the last Mage.

Bear in mind that mages are a HUGELY popular class in MOBAs, and that actually Hots doesn't have anywhere near enough of them compared to other games. People love mages!

(It could be worse - last summer we had warrior heaven, with Johanna / Leoric / Rexxar / Artanis all close to each other, which was painfully dull for those of us who don't play warriors).

Celegus

We've only had two mages recently, and one of those isn't actually a Mage. Chromie has a very different role in the game compared to Li-Ming or Kael. Prior to that it was 9 months since the last Mage.

Bear in mind that mages are a HUGELY popular class in MOBAs, and that actually Hots doesn't have anywhere near enough of them compared to other games. People love mages!

(It could be worse - last summer we had warrior heaven, with Johanna / Leoric / Rexxar / Artanis all close to each other, which was painfully dull for those of us who don't play warriors).

That was the best, I love all of those characters! I hate all the mages though, so I guess I'm the weird one.

Copenap

Only recently realised something that apparently most people were already utilising. In vs. AI matches you can quickly do your daily quests, just play against Beginner AI and a match only takes 5 minutes. Most or all of you probably already know this but just in case cause I didn't think of it until I tried playing Hots on my shitty laptop during work travel and only did vs. AI to test performance. Since pretty much all my teammates are usually level 40 this seems to be the go to mode for quests...

scoobs

Only recently realised something that apparently most people were already utilising. In vs. AI matches you can quickly do your daily quests, just play against Beginner AI and a match only takes 5 minutes. Most or all of you probably already know this but just in case cause I didn't think of it until I tried playing Hots on my shitty laptop during work travel and only did vs. AI to test performance. Since pretty much all my teammates are usually level 40 this seems to be the go to mode for quests...

Haha yea, since I have very little time to play anymore, this is how I knock out my quests every morning.

Alavard

"Yes my lord! What task is there? I hear and obey! Taste my blade!" These better all be in there. Such an iconic hero.... very excited for him

It's actually amazing how the generic hero blademaster's lines are more iconic than the campaign hero of the same unit, Grom Hellscream. I actually can't remember any of his lines at all.

brian!

Fury no longer on GFE.

Heard about it from Dunk and Caff on THH. Gave it a try in one game but we were getting stomped so it didn't matter.

Yeah, numberwise it's way more effective un long fights but it doesnt give you a huge spike at 13 like thunderstrike and the build comes online later

patchday

Love the new ranked lobby. It feels so polished (it even shows the selected skin which makes me giddy!). After we get more champs maybe we can get more bans (maybe up to 5, so each player can ban).

Maledict

He works of your comp is very aggressive and burst, like a stitches comp. Otherwise he's so bad.

Depends on your level of play - even at diamond level he can still be a complete monster because teams are unable to cope with him flanking and wrecking havock on the backline.

At the pro level definitely agree / he fits a very specific comp style and that's it. Most of the times Sonya is better in that role.

brian!

Doesnt even have to be too specific, he is often picked solely based on low hero pool (need melee and a solo laner and sonya gone? Take thrall)

Thrall makes pros look bad. He's fine in HL but when was the last time you've really seen amazing thrall play in competitive.
Sunderings are more often misses than hits and even the hits are just so so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom