• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Uhh...okay? http://www.thescoreesports.com/hots/news/8664?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Naventic co-owner Jack "Vandy" Frierson confirmed to theScore esports that the team would seek to fill the melee/flex role, with Chris "Zuna" Buechter remaining on the tank role for the time being. Tryouts are set to begin this week.

I'm sure he talks, most good players do with the exception of a few. I just don't know that he can cut through the Buechter boys bubble to make any real headway that is actually heeded when a fight breaks out.

Alur

The best thing that can happen now is GFE becomes the dominant team, or Mc creates/joins/whatevers a third team that is on par with those two and they combine to block the Buechs.

scoobs

there is SO MUCH turnover in the HOTS pro scene, its basically impossible to actually get attached and start rooting for a team. They break up before I even remember all of their names.

brian!

yeah I really want mac to chime in

but what I really want is zuna to say something, he's been radio silent for like 2 years

Alur

Nothing Zuna could say would benefit him in any way. Whether it was good or bad he'd get raked regardless, so he stays quiet lol

Ketch

I can't even imagine Zuna ever saying anything not for the Luls about any serious topic.

Like he could probably be real about like hero balance, but if you asked him about this NVT stuff it'd just be memes.

2-4 in placements now getting ready for that silver.

Got the perfect Illidan comp and lost against a 4 damage plus lili comp because our team would just split at all times while our opponents deathballed us.

and then the next game showed right away why silver sucks. Nova bans Tassadar first so she can pick nova. First pick doesn't have KT and picks malf Somehow KT gets all the way through to last rotation and our KT decided to afk.
I'm not a great player I can't carry I'm just mediocre but out of 3 games today 1 was fun and we still lost that one..m

Now 2-5 in placements and all I see is silver. When I began I at least saw some low golds.

Celegus

Other team gets KT, Tracer, Thrall, ETC and Uther. Scary right? Too bad it was Blackheart's so our comp ended up as Tassadar, Sonya, Rexxar, Lili and Nazeebo. Avoided every fight we could and straight up PvE'd the map, built up a huge xp lead and totally stomped them. Feels good after one of them was calling gg in the draft lobby.

brian!

Gg in lobby such a shitty thing
Enjoyed fan's story about talking to one of the asian teams and being like "why dont you guys just pick kt, so easy and so strong" and them being like "yeah but you can just counter with tyrael" and fan being like "yeah haha...shit"

Milly79

Mc's response

As most of you have learned, I've recently been removed from Team Naventic. I really enjoyed my time playing for the organization, and look forward to seeing how they progress. I really grew into my own playing for Naventic, and I will use the experiences I had on the team to help me continue progressing as a competitive player. I would also like to say to the HOTS community, thank you for your continuing support and friendship throughout this journey, it is because and for all of you that I can continue on playing with enthusiasm and love for competitive ESports. I too hope to be on a team that is not only the best in North America, but best in the world, so keep an eye out for what I do next.

FinKL

Gg in lobby such a shitty thing
Enjoyed fan's story about talking to one of the asian teams and being like "why dont you guys just pick kt, so easy and so strong" and them being like "yeah but you can just counter with tyrael" and fan being like "yeah haha...shit"

What's the logic here? Santification the initial burst then dive him with the aoe sword teleport?

Maledict

Mc's response

As most of you have learned, I've recently been removed from Team Naventic. I really enjoyed my time playing for the organization, and look forward to seeing how they progress. I really grew into my own playing for Naventic, and I will use the experiences I had on the team to help me continue progressing as a competitive player. I would also like to say to the HOTS community, thank you for your continuing support and friendship throughout this journey, it is because and for all of you that I can continue on playing with enthusiasm and love for competitive ESports. I too hope to be on a team that is not only the best in North America, but best in the world, so keep an eye out for what I do next.

To be fair to Mac, like Erho he has really improved on his behaviour and toxicity in games from what I've seen over the last few months. I've ened following his stream now because it's entertaining and not so unpleasant anymore (and he is a dman good player).

I do think ditching him is a mistake though. He played some of the best Falstad in NA for a while, they should have kept him as their ranged player. But, as everyone has said the team won't function whilst Zuna + his brother are there.

Battlefield of Eternity is the most frustrating map for me at lower ranks sometimes.

"Guys we need some aa heroes for dps on the immortal"

Team proceeds to pick chromie and gazlowe, then the gazlowe does camps during immortal phase.........

Alur

Don't think there's much chance of seeing Fan with k1pro and Caff. And prob def not Dunk. Whatever issues they had before haven't changed, I'm sure. And likely festered further even without Fan there based on what we heard after the C9 breakup where everyone seems to be hanging together except Dunk. I also am not entirely sure that replacing iDream with Mac and reverting to old C9 roster actually makes them any better. iDream is right there near Fan's level, IMO, and more successful than Mac. We've seen him play more heroes competitively over time, which is impressive considering how many heroes Mac had to play in the last 6 months.

The best bet and best chance is still the rumored one. Caff and k1 join GFE and they become the new top team.

Until this GFE stuff with Fury got stirred up nearly everyone would've been game for this superteam, so I don't get why people don't want it now. From everything we heard from GFE and Fury, there's no denying that while they could've delivered the news better Fury was indeed guilty of hurting the team with his 10 day layover.

All the same Mac's Zag was dreadful and Tassadar passable. Don't remember of he played anything else.

Dropping Mac makes sense it's why most in this thread called it, heck even reddit called it, what doesn't make sense is putting Zuna on tank again.

Alur

I don't think Mac's Zag was ever dreadful outside of that one tournament that you got stuck on him being bad in and carried it ever after. Certainly not god tier, but then again it was questionable why they kept going to that well anyway when the whole comp wasn't even working. He played Zag from the beginning and was fine for some time. I thought his Tassadar was fine, but then again I don't find any Tassadar play all that impressive. It's not really what he does as a hero (be impressive and flashy).

brian!

He made some really sick tass plays early on, i feel like him and fan were pretty neck and neck tass-wise. I wouldnt say hes particularly bad at zag, more that he was a poor solo laner which is why im guessing they took him off melee

Maledict

Hah, just seen LiquidCris quit the game in frustration at a truly terrible match which his team threw by being complete and utter idiots. Given how calm he normally is, it tells how bad the match was that he rage quit.

kirblar

Zunas Falstad looked better than Macs.

It's sort of easy to look good on Falstad.

Unless you are that guy who was teaming w Zoia.

brian!

Kaeyoh a year ago is the only person ive seen like insistantly called a good zag, i guess he hit a lot of maws and didnt die or something?

Alur

IIRC Familie was mainly down on Mac's Zagara play because he whiffed some maws.

Hah, just seen LiquidCris quit the game in frustration at a truly terrible match which his team threw by being complete and utter idiots. Given how calm he normally is, it tells how bad the match was that he rage quit.

LOL, this is one thing I wanted to ask you. I know you have talked in the past about being put off by Mac's relative toxicity, but how does the same not happen to you with Cris? Granted he's not toxic to players in game, but dude literally HATES everything. Every change, every team move, the casters at the tournaments, etc. Like every time I watch him it's just a bitch fest. His twitter is a bitch fest. Very rarely is he happy about anything. I wonder why he even plays he hates so much about the game. He's like the poster child pro player who is a secret GAF member.

DIthTVC.png

^ though not some, he hit some maws but whiffed the majority
What even makes a good Zag?

hitting maws ;)

Tass makes insane plays with force walls, that skill is hype as shit every time. When Bakery denies a keg entirely with an amazing wall I lose it and force wall is one of the best skills at making you look dumb.

Alur

How often is a pro team facing Keg, though? lol I can't say I've really seen anyone look bad on Tassadar except C9 in Korea.

EDIT: Wow, Kenma has a kid? He's in DLOFD, Milly? DA FUQ I didn't accept him to the club.

More kegs now than ever, since I started watching, and that was just one standout example. The skill has a ton of nuance that makes the difference between amazing play and passable usage.

kirblar

If you have a critical personality you have to learn to modulate it. Otherwise you just come off totally negative about everything.

brian!

Both mac and fan are pretty good at drawing cds with tass too

Tass play does stand out more on a more aggressive squad though

Maledict

LOL, this is one thing I wanted to ask you. I know you have talked in the past about being put off by Mac's relative toxicity, but how does the same not happen to you with Cris? Granted he's not toxic to players in game, but dude literally HATES everything. Every change, every team move, the casters at the tournaments, etc. Like every time I watch him it's just a bitch fest. His twitter is a bitch fest. Very rarely is he happy about anything. I wonder why he even plays he hates so much about the game. He's like the poster child pro player who is a secret GAF member.

Erho and Mac's toxicity was vile insults and swearing at other players, including homophobic language (the stupid crap you hear in gaming a lot). Cris is very negative, but in a sarcastic calm way that reassures me. I am after all British so deadpan negativity is food for the soul for me.

And I don't follow twitter at all so don't see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom