• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

So Auriel is a support? Right? Right? I didn't see a heal in that video =/ or anything approaching a support like ability.

Polybomb is so bad. I have yet to play against team where it's viable. Even melee heavy comps. It would probably only work in a wombo-combo with Grav-o-bomb or Mosh Pit. Every time I pick it people just delta-split and negate it. Maybe I get one jump off of it. Leyline Seal is great but you can cause as much trouble with it as you help.

It's like Force of Will and vision are the only viable things Medivh brings to solo queue. The portals are just bad, people either don't use them or, worse, mis-click them.

Alur

The ideal use of them in non-coordinated play is how MVP Rich did it. You use them as a personal engage tool and GTFO out tool, harassing the shit out of the enemy team. Counting on your teammates to use them is hit and miss (mostly miss), but you can still get very good value out of them if you play it smart and are quick enough.

I'm sure Medivh is amazing in coordinated groups where he can enable an Illidan or Greymane to take stupid dives, let them go deep into enemy forts to kill someone, negate some of the damage they'd take and port them out of harms way after securing the kill. All my portals do is go unused or, worse, lead people to their deaths by mis-click. I've stopped taking portal talents beyond the range extension, sometimes the shield talent, because they're predominantly my escape or tool to harass an aba behind their forts. That's it.

Polybomb has never been useful in the games I've played, everyone just splits. Even against melee assassin or warrior heavy comps. It's only ever been useful against bad Vikings, then I get some duration out of it.

Ley Line Seal is strong but man I've fucked up a few ultimates with it.

Alur

You don't even need the range extension IMO. At first I thought you did, but that was just my own ineptitude at placement. It's range is ridiculous anyway. Dunk was talking about that on THH too.

Use them for yourself to get value, don't worry about your team. If they use them, that's bonus.

brian!

Range is def incredible value, very good talent, dunno what else is on the tier though.

The q buff was also substantial, but i dunno how many ppl are using it effectively

Alur

That's why you wouldn't take the range, if you're stacking Q. So you can keep going in and out with low CD portals. Portals 50% quicker is more valuable than portals 50% longer if either (A) your team uses them or (B) you are using them yourself to harass.

brian!

overwatch mmr is kinda this enigma I want to figure out, I feel like it uses in-game metrics as part of the calculation and that's interesting cuz I've never heard of a system not based off w/l only

finally finished my placements 4-6, only because my brother insists on playing ranked.
Had only 2 games to go we had a standard comp and lost to Gazlow Lili Artanis Sylvanas Abathur.
People would die to monstrosity, 2v1... I also played dreadfully on Sonya to be fair but something that is the most aggravating to me right now is that people have zero map awareness in scrub league. Too often we'd give away a fort for free, you just can't expect your teammates to make the rotation. Instead they'd rather show up late for an objective and continue to fight over it even if we had already lost it.

Then won the last game with Leoric. They took all immobile heroes against Lunara and entomb wrekt them.

It's cool that you get to play with your familie...sorry. I'll see myself out.
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Kayoh is doing a show right now before casting an amateur tournament.
https://www.twitch.tv/inverum

mr stroke

Someone tell me how to get out of Bronze ?

Every time I play solo ranked: One game goes great and everyone plays together, next match there is that "one guy"(does't play with the team, spends half the match typing at people, rage quitting, etc..) this leads to win/lose/win/lose/win, etc.. :(

Zackat

Someone tell me how to get out of Bronze ?

Every time I play solo ranked: One game goes great and everyone plays together, next match there is that "one guy"(does't play with the team, spends half the match typing at people, rage quitting, etc..) this leads to win/lose/win/lose/win, etc.. :(

you know that guy that doesn't play with the team and rages? play with that guy. Unless he is doing completely stupid shit. But even then, it is almost certainly better than trying to do things 5v4. That's in my experience at least.

Also if you feel confident you know what is going on take control of your match from the get-go. Like be the first one to say something in draft, make the calls for draft, make the calls for rotations, all of it. If the first words in your match are from that shitehead bitching and moaning then that can be considered the fault of your whole team for not taking control of the match before it got to that point.

You can get out of bronze for sure :)

Zackat

I got gold 5. I did not play enough matches last season to get into a higher league lol. I should be able to advance a bit though.

That's what I get for just doing my dailies in QM/Bot games and playing other games too much. It's nice to have a league system now.

Duress

Movin on up to silver 1.

Last game I had 200k heals v 100k for the other team.

"Medic is a bad choice."

Here's me caring, lock that shit in.

Milly79

CHU WITHOUT GLASSES LOOOOOL

Someone donated and said "thanks for the Daredevil cosplay" LOOOOOL

I CANT. This is so good. He's healing minions. He's healing nothing at all. He can't see shit. :LOL

unranked, tomb of the spider queen

finally getting the hang of medivh, his buffs seem alright, havent needed mana regen at level 1 so portal duration is working out really well. Arcane Charge at level 7 (30% bonus dmg on 2nd hit) seems like a must.

Zackat

I played some team league earlier with my WoW team. Some of them are better than others. We had mixed results lol.

Getting 125g and 300k+ xp per game is amazing though

Alur

That's interesting I guess. Can't really say I expect much from em.

EDIT: da fuq you doin posting at 2:23 AM? feeding time?

Maledict

One thing I am surprised that hasn't had much more attention paid to it - Gul'Dan comes with a large AE fear effect, which is a new CC in the game. Seems to send people running away from the centre of the ability. Any character who comes with a large AE CC can't be that bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom