• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

That's what I've been telling you about KT.

invoker-fume.gif

Alur

Do you use the Zag master skin that has the big headspikes like your avatar's hair? You should.

Mutalisk Rhapsody (TM).

patchday

Damn. Pays to play a boring hero I guess.

I dont know bout now- but back a few months I recall Zag being a really good pick for people that wanted to climb rank

Also you speaking to breezy- he's like a hipster gamer that loves edgy characters. I say this cause I know he loves Swain (LoL) :)

Milly79

He was talking to the Hammer who sat in siege most of the game and got pooped on by Chromie. Meanwhile, he'd charge in 5v1 and die instantly. Needless to say, neither of them got heals.

Alur

Well, there's McIntyre's team. Former Brain Power folks + him and Jason from PG.

Faye / Srey / McIntyre / Jason / iakona

under
whelmed

EDIT: On that note, do you guys think that unless more money comes into the scene (ie: more money going to 4-8 instead of all of it in 1-4 and mostly 1-2) that we will eventually see these second and third tier teams stop forming with known names? I mean there are good players on that team, but without some serious synergy it's hard to see them compete and even harder to see them staying together whenever the inevitable next roster shuffle comes and someone has a chance to move to a better team.

Maledict

Have they talked about dva yet aside from the teaser in overwatch?

Not at all in any way - and the leaks didn't mention her either. Given they have said overwatch characters are a very low priority for them I don't expect we will see any for a long time. I think the teaser in Overwatch was just a nod to another game.

Well, there's McIntyre's team. Former Brain Power folks + him and Jason from PG.

under
whelmed

EDIT: On that note, do you guys think that unless more money comes into the scene (ie: more money going to 4-8 instead of all of it in 1-4 and mostly 1-2) that we will eventually see these second and third tier teams stop forming with known names? I mean there are good players on that team, but without some serious synergy it's hard to see them compete and even harder to see them staying together whenever the inevitable next roster shuffle comes and someone has a chance to move to a better team.

Team seems decent iakona and McIntyre are tier 1 in NA Srey is still unproven and Faye is hard to say but she's good.
Only issue is that the only known shotcaller among them is Srey

scoobs

Man ranked play sucks ass right now. Just a bunch of toxic ass holes everywhere you look, everyone salty about promotion/demotion matches blaming whoever they can for their losses. I don't even want to play it anymore.. I might just stick to unranked and fuck around.

Dr. Buni

They added a poster in Hollywood. It's not hidden or anything, it's prominent.
http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/509438.jpg

Hope that works, on my phone atm
That poster is there since the beta. It is not teasing anything, although it is obvious D.Va will be on HotS someday (popularity + relatively unique mechanics)
Not at all in any way - and the leaks didn't mention her either. Given they have said overwatch characters are a very low priority for them I don't expect we will see any for a long time. I think the teaser in Overwatch was just a nod to another game.
With how popular Overwatch is, I will be surprised if we don't get at least two more Overwatch heroes this year.

Milly79

under
whelmed

That's a pretty solid team. They'll be top 4!

alright so as we suspected, Zag and Greymane are stupidly broken and its doubtful they'll be changed when this goes live.

counters to these two heroes, plz?

brian!

under
whelmed

I feel like competitive experience is valued pretty highly so those pieces will continue to be put together despite maybe not resulting in ideal dynamics, but if these teams start falling to lesser known teams maybe rosters will start expanding outside those circles. New known names would probably reinvigorate older players i imagine. W/r/t money i dont think the payouts or contracts have ever been hefty in na, itd probably be naive to think that the majority of players sticking around are here because they wanna "prove they are the best" or whatever but i mean these motivations are hard for spectators to gauge

Pg splitting and getting picked up here and there is a little worrisome

Alur

Only issue is that the only known shotcaller among them is Srey

Mc was the shotcaller of Barrelboys and Complexity.

That's a pretty solid team. They'll be top 4!

Top 4 isn't what datboi said he was aiming for though. He wanted to be tops here and challenge globally. Can't really see them doing that unless they've somehow hit on some killer synergy.

Would def love to see it happen though.

kirblar

I get home around 10:30pm each night if you want a vikings player for TL that's not Alur. Might as well abuse em while we have the chance!

Alur

They ain't gonna be very good. It's some also rans plus NVT's old manager plus Syracuse and Scylol. Achieving top 4 would truly be an accomplishment for them IMO. Like a massive upset.

brian!

Plus tazza has a full time job lol. Itz just fun nostalgia team, think zixz going to school soon too

Rooting for the upset ofc tho

Alur

FeelsGood'dan

I feel like this is close to the best build for solo queue lyfe bar maybe a swap in talents or two. Excellent sustain for your health/mana and damage: http://www.heroesnexus.com/talent-calculator/83-guldan?filter-ptr=1#LbAbIbJbNb9aEbTBA

1) Glyph of Drain Life - as they said on THH, the extra range is a lifesaver and enabler. By being able to heal yourself from further away + being able to prevent someone immediately running out of Drain Life, you are more effective at sustain.

4) Health Funnel - basically like free full mana and health anytime you get near a wave, mercs, or heroes like Zag who summon little shits for you to drain. Consume Soul is fun too but Health Funnel is a better, more reliable source of healing

7) Hunger for Power - 15% ability power for 25% less healing received? Aight. I can heal myself. Plus, can't rely on random healers in solo queue.

10) Horrify - cause the alternative is shit.

13) Healthstone - great baiting tool, great sustaining tool, all around great.

16) Rampant Hellfire - stacks so easy and gives you that sweet damage. Darkness Within is also really good.

20) Whatever. I just go for the vuln, but the circle has it's uses I'm sure.

---

I don't think his Corruption talents are very good. It does good damage, but hitting it more than once is contingent upon the enemy lining up or the enemy fleeing in a straight line.

By going all in on his trait and abusing it, you never have to back and you rarely die. You just keep churning out Q's and healing yourself with W when necessary, while waiting on E's cooldown. Once you hit 16, the Q's start doing real damage.

I've already got him to level 8 on PTR =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom