• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Equinox replacement or are they still missing a 5th?

HotS twitch icon changed
tmCWUOl.png

wonder what's that about.

Alur

Tomster to Naventic, Fan to melee.

so I guess Wiz'es Visa fell through or is taking longer than anticipated.

Fan was already their Illidan and Sonya player, I hope teams finally learned their lessons with thrall so what melee's are left for fan? Never seen him play Kerrigan.
His Arthas was sad to watch at HGC.

Alur

Wiz still wasn't here in NA so he was never a real option. I still feel like the Wiz thing is blowing smoke up people's asses. There's been no inclination that he really wants to come or that any org is willing to pony up the money to get him here and put him up. Just a bunch of threads expressing regret about the situation but no one really doing anything about it. I feel like if they wanted it so bad they'd have figured it out by now and the visa wouldn't just now be attempting to be secured like 7 months into the process.

Milly79

I need an infographic with all the swaps that have happened recently. I think it's finally done? Can't think of anyone else that's out there that isn't "retired".

And I just broke the bots in an ARAM with Polybomb. I was flying back to look at their core and I noticed their Malf and Tyrael sitting behind the core just passing it around. I thought they were just trolling at first, but nope. Bots.

I need an infographic with all the swaps that have happened recently. I think it's finally done? Can't think of anyone else that's out there that isn't "retired".

And I just broke the bots in an ARAM with Polybomb. I was flying back to look at their core and I noticed their Malf and Tyrael sitting behind the core just passing it around. I thought they were just trolling at first, but nope. Bots.

CmdE7g0WcAAv09k.jpg:large

Zackat

They're just getting on the Twitch Boobstreamer ad bandwagon

God damn, Blizzard keeping relevant on twitch now. We have entered a new era.

Surprised this isn't on the subreddit and they haven't magnified it and analyzed all the background things. Guess you can't just post images there willy nilly though.

Maximus.

Man ranked play sucks ass right now. Just a bunch of toxic ass holes everywhere you look, everyone salty about promotion/demotion matches blaming whoever they can for their losses. I don't even want to play it anymore.. I might just stick to unranked and fuck around.

I feel you man. Only thing I truly hate about game are the negative assholes who just ruin the experience.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I got a free Jaina code through this thread earlier this year so figured I would pay back the favor (if anyone doesn't have her yet...)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169220.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dance Inferno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Heroes of the Storm: Jaina -- MB-5862954B0076A26D - Taken by Maximus.. 1 entrants total.

t1468020849z1.png

Interesting blind changes

JoweHots said:
So i done some testing, with abilities that affect Auto Attacks and how they work with blind effects
abilities like Artanis W, Monks E, Arthas D, if u have them active and u are blinded ur hero do normal AAs over the duration of Blind, and after blind ends the effect start working example: blinded artaniss with W active will try to do melee AAs on target till blind is over, and then he will do charge from W , Arthas D specificly says its next AA ...
then we have other stuff, like talents and non activable Auto Atacks modifiers like: Focus Attack, and Thralls E
focus attack dosnt proc till blind is over, thralls does blind attacks with improved attack speed form E, and still have that attack speed buff for 3 autos after blind ends. Usually u want to blind thrall when he goes on ur carry and uses E, espesially past 16, while it deny some autos, it does not deny the thralls E, which deny the outplay partialy
so while this seems like nice touch, to not punish AA abilities, on the other hands it feels wierd with some wording like Arthas D, or talents,skills like thralls E or Focus Attack

Also stealthies don't decloak apparently if a shield soaked the dmg up

kirblar

Buffed AAs now get pushed forward to the next successful hit. So Blinds are less good against them now and when someone unblinds its likely that they're going to have big burst stocked.

Oh, Artanis ._.; MY POINT ABOUT NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT HE SAYS STILL STANDS

As Kriblar said, basically procced auto attacks wait out blind durations. Stuff like Bersekr or Searing Attacks doesn't.

So for insance if you use thrall's E, you'll do 3 quick blinded attacks and once the blind ends you'll do another 3 quick this time successful hits.

kirblar

It's a good change, it still fucks a hero like Illidan hard while not completely blowing up someone every time they try to use a basic ability.

Zackat

Man getting promotions is kind of rough. Having to win 2 games in a row at a certain point. Meh.

Aren't most games 2/3 for this kind of thing?

Maledict

It's a good change, it still fucks a hero like Illidan hard while not completely blowing up someone every time they try to use a basic ability.

Really? I think it's a bad change. It removes the outplay potential and lowers the power of blinds considerably.

It's not like the game has lots. Picking Lili or Artanis is often specifically because you want the blind against certain heroes, and that just got weaker.

Ketch

Isn't that like really not ok!? Does the CD on the procd ability start when cast or after the blind duration? Like what's stopping thrall or Artanis from waiting until their CDs are up and using two AA steroids back to back then?mlike Artanis casts w, gets blinded, falls back before attacking thus saving his twin blade attacks until blind runs out and then he can attack with twin blades, hit W and attack with twin blades again immediately after?

Seems broken/ unintentional. it all but completely removes blinds usefull ness.

Like what if getting stunned reset all your cool downs.

Most of the AA abilities of melee's start on the auto attack. So since Artanis won't charge until the blind is over the CD won't as well. Same with Monk's E, etc.

Thrall's CD always starts immediately because of the movement speed dunno hpw long the AA buff consists. But blinds don't change anything with that

brian!

Fan plays a mean lone wolf illidan but i dont really think they should assign him the entire role like that

Then again "melee" is vague as fuck

Maledict

Fan plays a mean lone wolf illidan but i dont really think they should assign him the entire role like that

Then again "melee" is vague as fuck

Well I think nowadays unless you are running something really odd every comp has two melee. Be it tank and bruiser, tank and melee assassin or tank and tank. Three ranged comps seem utterly dead now - I shudder when I get one, and don't think I've won with one in ages.

brian!

Yeah im just thinking whos gonna play tass? If melee includes tanks it makes sense too

Actually i feel like ive seen big e on tass but dont fully remember

kirblar

Melee assassins were in a bad place prior to the scaling changes. You didn't have a reason to pick them because their damage was too low relative to ranged. That got fixed, but now it's leading to issues w/ stuff like Greymane where his damage is completely over the line beceause A GUY WHO CAN SHIFT INTO RANGED AND MELEE SHOULD NOT BE GETTING EXTRA DAMAGE ON TOP OF THE VERSATILITY.

That got fixed, but now it's leading to issues w/ stuff like Greymane where his damage is completely over the line beceause A GUY WHO CAN SHIFT INTO RANGED AND MELEE SHOULD NOT BE GETTING EXTRA DAMAGE ON TOP OF THE VERSATILITY.

nah bruv he can only kill people that fall below 75% health so just run 3 healers and 2 tanks, should be fine

brian!

I dont really think they ran him into the ground
Fan played arthas last tourney too

All in all the "move" to melee just seems like a decleration that he will be soloing which he was already doing

brian!

Yeah but it's not like that doesnt mean they werent showing success w/ it in scrims and whatever

Just in general i dont think it's good to limit a player like fan who has repeatedly shown understandibg of a wide variety of playstyles

Alur

You also thought Arthelon was an upgrade over Fan in skill AND hero pool earlier this year, but that's none of my business though. :D

brian!

I mean i still think that, to me the main force of success on nvt is zuna

Thant and it's just true that arth played more heroes including tychus, thrall, brightwing, kael, raynor, and so on

Alur

On a semi-related note, I was pondering like Brain ponders.

Do we really think Tempo Storm stays in the HOTS competitive scene? I hope they are, but I would have thought they would've attempted to hand pick a team if that's the case.

Perhaps they are already talking to Crescendo or something, however, or waiting to see how it shakes out before signing anyone. I'd like to see Caff and co get with em. Also would like to see Mc (and by extension Faye and co) finally get a good sponsorship as well but I'm still unsure if they can crack top 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom