• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

The scene is littered w/ teams waiting to be sponsored, but none are really teams you can trust to be good or reliable so they are in a weird position. Im sure zoia is getting consulted though so -> crescendo, but they might be holding out for a bigger name

Im kinda holding out for some sort of erho team though

A lot of the newer teams coming together just feel like a teacher arranging students by name like oh you play melee and you're known well we need a melee player, so it's kind of a lottery to see which teams end up any good. Crescendo has a high chance to come out strong tho imo, glau is a smart player, slight danger of caff and k1 cliquing it up but i doubt itll end up that way

Alur

So you dudes hate Tempo Storm because Zuna was on that team too?

Though I get Milly just dislikes them cause they were the main rival of his now dead love C9.

brian!

Tempo is the most set up to be a sort of hots hub, with like actual guides and shit, so i kinda want them to succeed for that reason, but i mean i dont care either way. Plus their contracts include giving cash for content and in general most hots content is atrociouscsz, but yeah wouldnt be too taken aback if they were just like fuck this game

Alur

I hope so. The scene hasn't been the same since they went to pot.

Having Caff and k1 under their banner after what happened last fall would be some sweet irony. Glaurung coming back would be as well.

I really would like to see Faye and the ex-BP folks finally get a real sponsor though, and naturally it would help Mc so that's good.

Milly79

How has the scene not gotten better since they've left? They're not dominating every tournament and NA has gotten better overall because everyone is spread throughout multiple teams.

Conjecture from tidbits of complaints Tempo just sounds like an awful sponsor they have the name but little else.
For instance the team house wasn't furnished and they didn't get enough funds to buy proper. They had little budget for food, etc. etc.
People hated putting out content and I can only imagine how much Zoia must have bugged them.

brian!

It's just rough for na, speaks volumes that brfc went w/ being the flagship team for a new org w/ offers from tsm/clg on the table, i dont think there has been any evidence yet that a hots team will get good treatment under the umbrella of a larger org in na

kirblar

Conjecture from tidbits of complaints Tempo just sounds like an awful sponsor they have the name but little else.
For instance the team house wasn't furnished and they didn't get enough funds to buy proper. They had little budget for food, etc. etc.
People hated putting out content and I can only imagine how much Zoia must have bugged them.
The house was acknowledged to be a big screw up by Zoia et all.

Alur

How has the scene not gotten better since they've left? They're not dominating every tournament and NA has gotten better overall because everyone is spread throughout multiple teams.

Because it simply hasn't been as interesting. No matter how hard people tried to make NVT the bad guys, they never got the heat that OG Tempo Storm did. Tempo vs C9 was legit must watch every time it happened. We never really got that with C9 and NVT.

Man getting promotions is kind of rough. Having to win 2 games in a row at a certain point. Meh.

Aren't most games 2/3 for this kind of thing?

I was just thinking about this. I had 800 points, and then on my next win, I got 196 (-4 for personal adjustment?). So I was literally four points away from the next rank. So, on my next match, I win and get 196 points, which is really only worth 4 points? I have to win again to get promoted and get 250 points for that. For a total of 250 points in the next rank. That felt like HOTS matchmaking being all like, fuck you son, you're gonna work for that damn rank. (The rank I placed at, and then got demoted from, because of an awesome losing streak with awful teammates; adding insult to injury!)

And it's just a measly silver rank I'm not even good at this Blizzard pls just let me climb a couple ranks or something.

(The most surprising thing about all of this is the actual feat of winning three in a row to accomplish that. I played my ass off, and in that promotion game especially. It was rough.)

Maledict

Yes, I remember a recent THH where they said the Navi that utterly dominated Europe last summer would be beaten by 5 or 6 euro teams now easily. The game has come on a lot in terms of rotations and strategy (and mechanical skill for some players!).

brian!

tbh tho my interest in following nvt and c9 stuff diminished pretty hard w/ the nonstop memeing, like zuna feed was always there but then it started becoming zuna feed but also he is satan and has mind controlled fan and made macintyre cry and arthelon doesnt give a shit about anything he does so I'm not really here trying to seinfeld.gif every single game they're in. i know i know I don't have to look at twitch chat and reddit but I can't help it.

i remember when the vibes were pretty positive during brfc though, ppl were prtty hungry to see what they would do next

need more zixz in the scene: https://www.yahoo.com/news/zixz-proclaims-title-best-support-200000488.html
tho I suppose it's best that he's leaving before reddit takes that video as evidence that he is arrogant and who does he think he is anyway

brian!

i think what we're trying to get at is that they were dominating because ppl sucked (both ts and c9 have said as much too)

if they had stayed together and got along...well the tempo players at least have all kind of faded out besides zuna, and the remaining c9 is just an enigma skill-wise atm since they just werent working together. but really it's more about teams like blaze, kob, gfe, and cog stepping up harder, I think c9/ts would see tru competition these days

i'm actually really interested in how new gfe turns out, face teams are kinda scarce they are probably the best to root for atm
or crescendo, glau + k1 is a pretty sick combo

didnt realize first na qualifier was this sunday, pretty hype actually

Alur

Tempest mount finally coming.

t2X0HVP.gif

Shakka

So I'm currently going through Hero League placement matches and wonder, what exactly will factor into my initial division placement following the placement matches. Is it solely based on wins / losses in these matches or does my individual performance also go into the equation?

scoobs

Guys I finally bought Medivh and I'm in love. Holy shit his portal build is the best thing of all time. So fun.

patchday

Guys I finally bought Medivh and I'm in love. Holy shit his portal build is the best thing of all time. So fun.

huh I'm sitting on 11k gold but not sure if I will dig him. Mediv is the only hero I am missing though so will probably go ahead and unlock him

I should have tried him out though during free heroes weekend...

kirblar

huh I'm sitting on 11k gold but not sure if I will dig him. Mediv is the only hero I am missing though so will probably go ahead and unlock him

I should have tried him out though during free heroes weekend...
With 11K gold buy him now. You'll have enough for Gul'Dan in 2 weeks if you're doing all your dailies.

kirblar

If no one else has caught it- they do 4 "weeks" for each hero in a cycle.

Hero 1: PTR (Week 1) + 3 weeks on live
Hero 2: 4 weeks on live (fourth overlaps with PTR for Hero 1 of next cycle.)

This allows people to steadily build up gold over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom