• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

This thread is so dead lately. Newest Auriel info (from 19h ago)

Auriel new info so far, no mana, no cleanse, 4 second blind talent. Ressurect has no timer on how long after someone dies, has 90 second cooldown. Bestow hope can be switched between targets quickly (about a second), designed to be solo support. PTR next week, release the following week.

Alur

Not much to talk about, really.

A lot of the things we used to go round and round about finally got added. Nothing in the pipeline for the foreseeable future that we know of beyond heroes. No real action happening in the pro scene at the moment, and it's going to be so spread out over the next few months (or more aptly, just a bunch of fucking nothing after a certain point if I'm not mistaken).

I've been playing Overwatch with proto and his friends and Clash Royale in the meantime. Solo queue lyfe no fun without you there, new dad.

scoobs

I don't even play ranked anymore. Ain't no shot at getting to masters for me, why bother stagnating in diamond 5 forever?

Unranked shenanigans is all I do

Because they've participated in one qualifier that didn't even have the top 2 teams in NA participating and they still had a bit of a tough time.
They are simply unproven which either means either the team or the org undersold themselves.

I'm not vised in esports in general so I've got no clue about the org.

Maximus.

Man this game does not want me to promo easily. I get to promo in a fairly decent time, lose my promo games because thats when it decides to give me a lame team. Then whenever I lose, the game decides I need to lose more points than I gain and then I have to win 2 games to get back to promo. I guess my MMR is influx right now or something. It sucks because I have been playing rank with a friend who now is tier ahead of me and because of these shenanigans, he has been able to continue to progress ahead of me to the point that soon we will not be able to play together if we keep on our upward path.

Which characters are normally banned in the current ranked meta? I stopped playing around the time preseason was ending to play Overwatch but I'm starting to get that itch again. I'm totally out of the loop and need to read up on all of the new changes.

Which characters are normally banned in the current ranked meta? I stopped playing around the time preseason was ending to play Overwatch but I'm starting to get that itch again. I'm totally out of the loop and need to read up on all of the new changes.

Like Familie said, KT and kerrigan are the main ones. Greymane despite a nerf last week remains strong, and you can never go wrong getting rid of sylvanas on Infernal Shrines, Tomb, or Battlefield of eternity. 2nd bans almost always include ETC due to wombo combo value.

scoobs

Sure but he's a blanket ban not much thought put behind. When there's often a hero much more deserving on a specific map.

At a high level I'd agree with you but anything below masters I think its completely fine to first ban KT every single time. He just wins games.

Just to add to the other bannable heroes right now.. I'd definitely say Zagara. What a bitch that hero is to play against.

At a high level I'd agree with you but anything below masters I think its completely fine to first ban KT every single time. He just wins games.

Just to add to the other bannable heroes right now.. I'd definitely say Zagara. What a bitch that hero is to play against.

At a much lower rank the KTs are also much worse, bombs get spread much more freely but stuns barely hit. I'd rather heroes be banned that exasperate the problem of bad rotations that is rampant at low level.
Zagar like you mentioned is the perfect example of that people are so slow to react and give pushing heroes more value than they should.

scoobs

I feel like raynor gets a bad rap. He's still completely viable.

Tempo Storm just can't catch a break. Sign the world champs, world champs immediately lose in an embarrassing fashion. There were some ridiculously bad plays by TS in that last game

Maledict

Have to day, whilst I enjoy Gul'Dan and think he's great fun to play, I also think he's utter shit right now. I agree completely with dreadnaught - what does he do that someone else doesn't? I find myself at 60% health in most fights as you run out of mana so fast, and then anyone diving you instantly kills you.

Feels like he really needs more health. Right now I actually feel more fragile on him that Kael or li-Ming and that's not good considering their burst.

EDIT: Team Liquid aren't even going to qualify for the next EU regional at this rate. Don't know what's up with them as they have some superb players, but I really cannot see how the team doesn't fall apart with a result this bad.

Maximus.

Have to day, whilst I enjoy Gul'Dan and think he's great fun to play, I also think he's utter suit right now. I agree completely with dread naught - what does he do that someone else doesn't? I find myself at 60% health in most fights as you run out of mana so fast, and then anyone diving you instantly kills you.

Feels like he really needs more health. Right now I actually feel more fragile on him that Kael or li-Ming and that's not good considering their burst.

EDIT: Team Liquid aren't even going to qualify for the next EU regional at this rate. Don't know what's up with them as they have some superb players, but I really cannot see how the team doesn't fall apart with a result this bad.

I agree, he is fun to play, but he does have some issues that make him a bit of a pain to consider in ranked. He has to get fairly close in battles compared to ming, chromie and KT to land his hits. He doesnt have that huge burst the others do. His health is always low and if he is jumped by anyone, he typically is done.

He needs some changes to make him more viable before I truly feel comfortable using him in ranked. I really like the character though and am disappointed he did needs more tweeking.

It's the EU syndrome. Dig hasn't shown that they're capable of destroying everyone, yet people say they're the best in EU.

They are at least at their spring strength and have shown to have covered plenty of their weaknesses. I'm really warming up to Alex, I even ended up subbing.

As much as I like Cris it's high time they start from scratch or get back the brothers.
They had their strongest form off camera early this year and have never recovered from losing Vortix and Lucifron.

Milly79

It's kinda sad with the state of supports vs. the rest of the classes. Spec has to be very close in terms of the #s of heroes, but they really need to pump out a few new supports, but it seems we're getting another assassin after Auriel. Baffles me how many assassins/tanks we've gotten a row but I can't recall the last time it was back to back support/spec.

Alur

I want a new support that's viable, for real. I don't even want to pick support currently because Uther gets eaten by AOE, Morales is a crapshoot, and Rehgar is still a sad shell of the fun he was after the rework. None of them are particularly fun outside of monk/Tass/Tyrande. If only they'd kept the damage and nerfed the healing on Rehgar back then.

I haven't played Kharazim since the Insight changes (proto said it's good), but seriously. The only support I want to play is Tyrande right now and that's not exactly the best idea in most circumstances.

As someone who mains support, that sucks.

scoobs

Yep, though I didn't even buy him. Sitting on 50k gold but.... eh. Didn't buy Chromie or Medivh either, hasn't been a great run lately.

All 3 are really fun to play heroes, but ya they're all kind of meh in terms of competitive play. I'd recommend buying Guldan and Medivh just in terms of fun factor

Maximus.

All 3 are really fun to play heroes, but ya they're all kind of meh in terms of competitive play. I'd recommend buying Guldan and Medivh just in terms of fun factor

Medivh has been seeing some competitive play and chromie is ridiculously fun.

I find Chromie to be very viable in competitive play. Really depends on team comps and the map. I have also seen quite a few effective Medivh's. Gul'dan is really fun, but just missing something to make him viable in competitive play. I have mainly played him in QM or Unranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom