• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

I just played some guldan games, went pretty well in QM. I think his corruption is overrated and lifesteal is really good.

It's probably just because QM, but I went life steal range and additional damage when their under 50% and felt pretty good melting single targets.

not sure about the rest of his talents though.

scoobs

I just played some guldan games, went pretty well in QM. I think his corruption is overrated and lifesteal is really good.

It's probably just because QM, but I went life steal range and additional damage when their under 50% and felt pretty good melting single targets.

not sure about the rest of his talents though.

Corruption felt underwhelming to me at first too, but it really does insane damage if you can hit someone 3+ times. Like w/ the lvl 1 quest talent and the lvl 16 talent, 2,000+ damage

I find Chromie to be very viable in competitive play. Really depends on team comps and the map. I have also seen quite a few effective Medivh's. Gul'dan is really fun, but just missing something to make him viable in competitive play. I have mainly played him in QM or Unranked.

with competitive we mean Esports $$. She's totally viable in HL but mostly in 4th, 5th pick where she raises hell if not countered.

Ketch

Corruption felt underwhelming to me at first too, but it really does insane damage if you can hit someone 3+ times. Like w/ the lvl 1 quest talent and the lvl 16 talent, 2,000+ damage

yea... I still dont know if I'm convinced. I bet the double flamestrike talent on KT does a lot of damage too ya know.

maybe if it wasn't on such a long cooldown.

scoobs

yea... I still dont know if I'm convinced. I bet the double flamestrike talent on KT does a lot of damage too ya know.

maybe if it wasn't on such a long cooldown.

Take the talent at 7 (i think) that has your fel flame reduce corruption cooldown. Its really easy to hit your corruptions in team fights, particularly on maps that have objectives that force people to clump in small areas. The best is hitting a corruption on someone dumb enough to run away in a straight line, guaranteed 3 hits + the extra damage from 16. Destruction.

Ketch

Take the talent at 7 (i think) that has your fel flame reduce corruption cooldown. Its really easy to hit your corruptions in team fights, particularly on maps that have objectives that force people to clump in small areas. The best is hitting a corruption on someone dumb enough to run away in a straight line, guaranteed 3 hits + the extra damage from 16. Destruction.

I played one game going with the corruption talents at 1 and 16, and the life steal talents at 7 and 13... i think it was. whatever the life steal steals more and life steal does more damage to enemies below 50%.

it sucks not having the range, but I was mostly using it against enemies who were trying to melee me anyway so it wasn't that needed, and the corruption buff is pretty good.... I didn't feel like I was really giving anything up, healthstone is pretty good, but I think the buffed health steal makes up for it while also giving you more damage.

anyway, I felt like that was best of both worlds, dont have to put all your eggs in the corruption basket and added some deceptive tankiness to the hero... and it also gives a bit more damage early on which if you dont go life steal talents he's really lacking.

Maledict

Those level 20s...

Turning a normal hero into a global hero is certainly new. That combined with wave clear means that the game really changes once she hits 20.

scoobs

Those level 20s...

Turning a normal hero into a global hero is certainly new. That combined with wave clear means that the game really changes once she hits 20.
All of her talents 13 and onward are awesome.

Or at least they seem awesome.

Alur

Tracer nerfs? Da fuq lol

Nazeebo's Zombie Wall is now an actual wall. It only took like a year and a half.

EDIT: Legit not even sure why this is going to PTR. Just put the hero out next week like you used to Blizzard.

Milly79

Yeah, let's nerf Tracer after months of her hardly being played. I don't even think her winrate is all that good. Doesn't make sense why this is hitting ptr.

Celegus

Tracer changes are a bummer... the reason those talents always get picked is because the alternatives are bad, not because the good ones are OP. Like I'll probably still pick bullet storm because what else am I going to pick?

Ketch

Tracer changes are a bummer... the reason those talents always get picked is because the alternatives are bad, not because the good ones are OP. Like I'll probably still pick bullet storm because what else am I going to pick?

That's what they always do tho.

Like 3 years of nerfing the good talents followed by a rework.

Maledict

I'm sure it's because the other builds were better and the random nature of PTR matchmaking, but Kael feels like an absolute terror on maps where you cluster up or against heavy Melee teams. The pure flamestrike build is a vast amount of damage in those circumstances.

(Unsure as to whether the stacking ability power or the double flamestrike is better at 16, although I'm leaning towards the double flamestrike).

Alur

I'll hop on PTR to try out Auriel later, Ketch.

Gotta see if she's gonna finally make a dent in the stale support role.

Maledict

She feels great but she doesn't have cleanse. That makes her unviable at the top level of play as a solo healer most of the time, which is a real shame. It's not like her talents at that tier are even that good either!

Ketch

I'll hop on PTR to try out Auriel later, Ketch.

Gotta see if she's gonna finally make a dent in the stale support role.

i dont know man, no cleanse basically means no solo supporting imho

edit:

The stupid part is that they basically admitted you need cleanse on a support if you want them to solo by giving it to every support, most recently even lili, but then they don't give it to auriel by still say she can solo support? Are they dense? did someone forget to tell them to make sure she has cleanse? or have they changed their mind on it already? do they plan on having cleanse on every support hero except for auriel? well.... if that's the case guess which support isn't gonna get played very much in the pro scene.

Eh solo supports can work w/o cleanse, it's sometimes not taken on Kharazim and Tassadar solo supports from time to time competitively.
Tracer nerfs? Da fuq lol

Nazeebo's Zombie Wall is now an actual wall. It only took like a year and a half.

This is quite funny considering they gave WD a talent that makes zombie wall a ring and they even said they took that from HotS.
Also fuck tracer.

Milly79

The best part is when they said her kit is made to solo support.
atpRtsd.png

Milly79

After watching a bit of Auriel, I think she's gonna suffer the same way Medivh does. Gonna be up to your team to make use of you.

scoobs

She looks a tad amazing to me. Wave clear, huge heals, no mana, op ultimate (oh and a knockback that can be a stun). Going to be a staple

Duress

I don't think Auriel's healing power is going to be that useful in team fights. Seems like Dahaka's heal in some ways. It's good with a lot of energy, but shitty without it.

scoobs

I don't think Auriel's healing power is going to be that useful in team fights. Seems like Dahaka's heal in some ways. It's good with a lot of energy, but shitty without it.

Good thing its super fucking easy to get a lot of energy. Especially w/ the talent that gives energy based on the targets damage taken. Full bar constantly.

So it would appear the new KT is now overpowered yet again? Watching his flamestrikes fucking melt entire teams at level 20.

Maledict

thank god they finally buffed kael.

To be fair, I don't actually think they did. They shifted his power to AE but they *crushed* his single target damage. He has a role, and is good at it - but don't expect him to be eliminating people like he used to. Between the living bomb nerf last time around and the gravity crush / sun kings fury removal this patch I suspect he's now the lowest single target damage of all the mages.

When he hits multiple people with flame strikes and living bombs however - gods the AE damage is marvellous.

Um, it's a buff. Is now 25% instead of 20%.

(Weird change really as this is now the standard talent at level 1 for him anyways).

Oh, awesome. I was sure 25% was the value already. Isn't it more that if you want to go bruiser you go W build, tanky and or on Sky Temple still go reanimation?

I won't complain about further Leoric buffs.

Maledict

I think reanimation is now so weak you take it even if you are going tank, as maintaining his W is the best survivability tool he has.

I agree the more Leoric buffs the better. Eager to try out the new level 4 talent as well as that will let him move between lanes clearing waves incredibly fast, especially if you take the duration talent at 7 as well.

Had a weird game just now we were winning handily until we all began lagging. I went from a reasonable 50ms ping to 1k!
If you don't know how that plays, not good. 1 second delay in actions feels really, really bad.

Milly79

More DDoS... nice. Happens way too often against Blizzard.

We had the same thing, Famalie. We lost 2 people at one point (for over 5 mins) while they had everyone. Luckily, we held on long enough and came back to win.

Celegus

I played a couple minutes with the 3 second delay and then it got stuck trying to reconnect until a defeat message popped up. Stupid DDoS.

Alur

Isn't there a bug/issue where his skills won't go through the wall now either? Effectively keeping his toads from harming them and so forth.

brian!

oh nm abort

but still the ability the clump ppl together on a normal skill and there's nothing they can do about it seems kinda insane

i dont actually know how his w works now

Alur

Did you get back into OW? Me and ufokidd were in there, went into a Lucioball game while waiting on you and Ketch to get back, and it kicked me from b.net after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom