• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Even though I like the principal players, I kinda hope they lose just for the continuation of the Glaurung meme.

EDIT: Watch Garden at the pro level does it no favors.

EDIT: Hella choke by AA.

EDIT: And Murloc Geniuses beats Denial again.

Alur

Yeah the new AA beat Denial with Rexxar in a game. Then threw the series in the next game, but Murlocs knocked them out anyway.

Alur

Definitely. I'm just saying it's your signature. If we have the time you do it regardless of what happened cause it's funny.

Alur

Who is even on Vox Nihili?

Damn Korea probably laughing their ass off at the state of NA now. Not that they weren't before, but now there is zero chance.

Celegus

Amateur team that I guess tore up Chair League and stuff like that. Not sure they stand a chance against the likes of Naventic, but they seemed likable enough and put in the hours.

brian!

it was just an amateur team put together by ladder ppl yeh
i dont think anyone trusts the ladder to imply skill in this scene, you either have to be proven or prove urself in the environment via tryouts
or get vouched for i guess

so I haven't followed hots in a while...this draft kind of seems backwards?

bans
greymane kerrigan
tyrael falstad

makes sense

picks
sylv, etc/thrall, uther/kael (??)
li ming (???), lunara/mura, rehgar/sonya (?)

I guess last pick sonya and kael makes sense since gfe shows thrall early and nvt shows li ming early

li ming is good on this map but surely not fp? when falstad is up
then again i dunno if bige/tom has a falstad so maybe that's why

oh wait I forgot that khroen like only plays li ming, good deny pick

brian!

it's not great but it's not the worst either
it's mainly awful if you let luanara ping ur team over and over but I mean at this point you have more problems than your healer pick
but nvt pretty much ran them to the ground w/ the draft yeah, they got everything they wanted and forced gfe onto their picks

Alur

I dunno, I think Uther into Lunara is the best matchup for her in particular honestly. Just hard to keep up as Uther.

brian!

yeah in terms of healing output w/r/t to her dmg output he's pretty bad
lili probably worse tho

that match prob wouldnt have been close regardless of draft, gfe seemed to have no idea how the map worked vs. nvt who played prtty standard and took advantage of numerous weird shit from gfe

this draft is actually pretty sick from gfe, i hope they play it well, khroen must be salty that he's not gonna be able to play li ming this series lol
kinda low waveclear from both sides

brian!

yeah she's pretty bad

big e needs to go force armor! or maybe he's too baller for that

dang abathur just not maxing soak during the trib delay hurts to watch
sik bodyblock @ tass that was really well done

brian!

dunno but he's putting in work w/ her

li ming rly should go force armor against that comp
love the judgement pick up, they are gonna go after kenma every time, gfe has so much burst

brian!

yeah they are throwing tho, they should have got an abby clone up before going too all in on kenma post-13 w/ earth shield
but they should win if they dont take any more stupid fights and if abathur steps up and actually pushes some lanes lol

going all-in on kenma has less value now that they have lvl16+ mura, but it's still worth
they can choose any target if they see cleanse blown tho

brian!

oh i didnt even know you could do that
also =x li ming had force armor the whole time

gfe executed kinda awkwardly but that comp was great

I have enough gold again for another hero and want to get another support. Looking at Rehgar and Uther... any suggestions between those two? I already own Lt.Morales, Li Li, Tyrande, Malfurion and Tassadar.

It's awesome tracer is carving out a niche for herself as an Illidan counter.

I have enough gold again for another hero and want to get another support. Looking at Rehgar and Uther... any suggestions between those two? I already own Lt.Morales, Li Li, Tyrande, Malfurion and Tassadar.

easily Rehgar. Not only is he much easier but he's also much less teamplay dependent.

brian!

uther if you wanna make plays, rehgar if you dont really trust your team

i thought tracer was always regarded as illidan counter
i think fan's illidan works out the best when the team doesnt go all-in on it, I remember he played illidan as a semi-tank w/ no real support a few tourneys ago and it was pretty good

nvt needs to own this next draft
watching gfe straight give up kerri on shrines makes me worried for nvt

also, ~13,000 viewers, decent as fuk for hots

brian!

nvt got the strong heroes but I'm getting pretty concerned when they go too heavy on a protect fan comp
gfe has like no dmg and drafted kinda scared around the kerri pick
someone in twitch chat suggested they should have gotten diablo instead of anub and that makes a lot of sense to me but he's rough to play into tyrael

Alur

So Kenma gets blown up two games in a row and they go with Morales in the next match? This could end really badly, or maybe they can keep him safe. At least they have some counterplay to the dive now.

EDIT: Wait, who is doing the damage on GFE?

brian!

kenma tends to position a little better w/ medic since she has no escape, but yeh not getting my hopes up in that regard. this is a pretty great situation for a medic though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom