• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

Oh wow, I was playing Hammer last night and was just thinking how all the mine talents are crap except that level 16 one, but it was a shame it couldn't be grabbed earlier.

Now they made her level 7 tier one of those more modern "choose your form of survivability" tiers. First Aid (still great), Thrusters (every 15 seconds is tempting...), and Mine Field (probably best for locking down an area like on Dragon Shire).

Edit:
Nah, I understand where you're coming from completely, especially as I've gotten older. There's several games that come out each year that I try and want to love, but the parts I enjoy the most just aren't the focus or whatever, or I have to wade through shit to enjoy it and I just go back to HOTS (or Overwatch, now). Nothing wrong with wanting to play the heroes you enjoy and being frustrated that you can't. Not everyone wants to be the square peg in the square hole.

It may just not be the game for yet, but I think that what you are wanting is not inconceivable once the roster has truly filled out. I'd guess Blizzard needs about 75-80 heroes and further iteration on what they want out of each archetype/class before it can get to what you envision, but I think eventually we could reach that point. Like we were discussing yesterday, one of the biggest issues is how one-size-fits-all a few of the Alpha/Beta heroes were and are, so perhaps as they deliver more options they will whittle those down to a fine and focused point instead of "wave clear + CC + something extra".
This is pretty much why I bailed out on TitanFall after trying it in beta. I just knew it wasn't going to be worth the time. Maybe one day I'll get to that point with Heroes and be able to give it up. Overwatch Comp Season 2 starting today helps a bit.

I'll keep following it behind the scenes though. It's fun to watch a tournament here and there and see how different heroes develop from meta shifts, new characters, and redesigns. For the time being, McIntyre just put out a video for Uther and he's almost the only character I don't have from the upcoming free hero promotion, so might as well learn a little.

Maledict

Holy why the moly? Serious. Happy for anti but Alex is giving up like 10k at least and they kicked webby for Alex.

Wtf? I mean, I know he looked pissed off at the first regional when they won but he's part of a team that won the first back to back regionals? Do we know why?

There goes Europes best chance down the drain. Hopefully the nexus challenge thing will allow Dig to get some decent practice in before blizzcon...

Edit: and they kicked Wubby because he wasn't dedicated enough and Alextheprog was, and now he's retired suddenly. Great move!

hampig

And now the circle is complete. Never fully understood why they parted ways after Blizzcon to begin with.
The team performed horrendous in scrims and Fnatic was looking for new members.

It's so weird that we could get 3/5ths of C9 go up against 3/5ths of dignitas from last blizzcon. If Denial isn't a shithole again.

Maledict

Why is Dread doing a Mitt Romney in the latest 'Beyond the Nexus'? He's got so much orange make up on he looks like he's on the wrong show!

brian!

this nvt/aa game is simultaneously the most skilled and least skilled game of the tourney ive watched so far
equinox needs a lot of practice on jo lol

kirblar

this nvt/aa game is simultaneously the most skilled and least skilled game of the tourney ive watched so far
equinox needs a lot of practice on jo lol
I love that they turned their play around by just going after Kenma repeatedly, just like what happened at the last regionals.

brian!

yeah i kind of compare every kenma death as the guy in shadow of the colossus stabbing a weak spot
man if they had an arthas instead of thrall or gmane
holy shit it probably wasnt on purpose but the timing of vision manip along w/ jason's gust right there holy shite, jason doing lots of work on this team

Maledict

What an absurd throw by AA. Why on EARTH was Auriel face checking the bushes when they knew the enemy team was in that location? And not even at full health?

protonium

Fuck Astral Authority.

This GFE vs NVT game 1...
NVT looks like they've played this game before. GFE looks completely lost and outplayed.

Edit: It also irks me when commentators put words in the teams'/players' mouths. "Team x" is telling "player y" this is our house. No temple for you. Bla bla bla. How about you just comment on the game before you and stop with the lame attempts at ad-lib.

brian!

Fuck Astral Authority.

This GFE vs NVT game 1...
NVT looks like they've played this game before. GFE looks completely lost and outplayed.

Edit: It also irks me when commentators put words in the teams'/players' mouths. "Team x" is telling "player y" this is our house. No temple for you. Bla bla bla. How about you just comment on the game before you and stop with the lame attempts at ad-lib.

yeah it bothers me too

hell yeah damage monk

is this fan right now
ive-made-a-huge-mistake-gob-arrested-development.gif

protonium

Win or lose, leaving NVT was the right decision.

Edit: I think Khroen fucked up by going the teleport/calamity build on BoE. They needed the poke damage there.

Alur

That's pretty awesome honestly, even though I hate her.

EDIT: Are AA the most inconsistent team around now? High highs and low lows.

I wonder if GFE sandbagged. They have real incentive to do so.

If they had gotten 1st seed they'd go up against Murloc Geniuses and throw away their tiebreaker in the case of murlocs winning against Naventic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom