• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I love him, but damn if Glaurung doesn't make it hard af on his teams. Learn some more heroes breh (and some restraint).

Alur

This series has basically been the Dread poops on Glaurung show and you can't even defend Glaurung cause as my man Han Solo once said, "The crazy thing is it's true. All of it."

kirblar

This series has basically been the Dread poops on Glaurung show and you can't even defend Glaurung cause as my man Han Solo once said, "The crazy thing is it's true. All of it."
Dread getting the "must pretend everything is fine" shackles taken off has been amazing.

Alur

It takes a certain kind of personality to really call out these guys when you have to go sit backstage with them for hours at a time, as well as share hotels and dinner and drinks. Kudos to him for having the guts and then facing whatever music he has to after.

giphy.gif

Sorry Udall

Alur

Should've went with Mac or someone else. His hero pool is crippling. Their impatience doesn't help.

It's funny to see MG work these guys on these maps just like C9 used to do.

Also, only around ~10k viewers for this whole thing =/

Also your trophy game still sucks.

Should've went with Mac or someone else. His hero pool is crippling. Their impatience doesn't help.

It's funny to see MG work these guys on these maps just like C9 used to do.

Also, only around ~10k viewers for this whole thing =/
I wasn't paying a lot of attention since I had a 2nd stream going but was this really just on glau. With the limited amount of matches I've seen he was on Tracer, Kerrigan, Zeratul and Illidan. The team seemd to have issues beyond Glau's pool.

On a tangent where was Sonya? Haven't seen her picked all tourney.

Alur

yEEvZD9.png

Oh god, it's glorious!

Kenma seems to have just realized something that people realized long ago about no double elim. I'd feel bad but...nah. I'd bet they've benefited from it some point.

Alur

I wasn't paying a lot of attention since I had a 2nd stream going but was this really just on glau. With the limited amount of matches I've seen he was on Tracer, Kerrigan, Zeratul and Illidan. The team seemd to have issues beyond Glau's pool.

On a tangent where was Sonya? Haven't seen her picked all tourney.

I know he's your boy, but if you had to blame it on one thing it's the simple fact that against the top teams he is effectively putting them in a 4v5 situation at least half the time. They either box him out of what he wants, or force him to pick something that they can counter. He's just a drag on the team. He forces them to do things they don't want or shouldn't do.

I mean, there are other issues. As Dread said, aPm showed a narrow pool and we know k1pro has one as well. Team needs to diversify as a whole. But Glaurung is not the right fit IMO.

EDIT: Wow, Fan on Hammer? And Glau on Mura. Sonya too for Udall.

I know he's your boy, but if you had to blame it on one thing it's the simple fact that against the top teams he is effectively putting them in a 4v5 situation at least half the time. They either box him out of what he wants, or force him to pick something that they can counter. He's just a drag on the team. He forces them to do things they don't want or shouldn't do.

I mean, there are other issues. As Dread said, aPm showed a narrow pool and we know k1pro has one as well. Team needs to diversify as a whole. But Glaurung is not the right fit IMO.
As much as Glau is my boy Mac is yours. Mac automatically is the right fit for you.

So our biases aside, yes Glau put them in a bad position during draft already but we also saw them throw away games due to impatience and lack of sync.

Celegus

Just crazy to me that some of the pro players out there have such a limited pool. Players like Cattle that play just about anything shouldn't be an anomaly at this level.

Alur

As much as Glau is my boy Mac is yours. Mac automatically is the right fit for you.

So our biases aside, yes Glau put them in a bad position during draft already but we also saw them throw away games due to impatience and lack of sync.

I'm not even saying Mac is the right fit. It doesn't have shit to do with that. His lack of diversity hurt them. His playing style hurt/hurts them.

Really anyone would probably be a better 5th for them who plays melee/flex. Even Equinox.

Just crazy to me that some of the pro players out there have such a limited pool. Players like Cattle that play just about anything shouldn't be an anomaly at this level.

Agreed. It is weird to me. I mean if I have a good number of folks on my friend's list who can play 7-10 heroes at roughly the same level, you'd think these dudes could too.

I'm not even saying Mac is the right fit. It doesn't have shit to do with that. His lack of diversity hurt them. His playing style hurt/hurts them.
I agree with that, I wouldn't say it cost them the series though.

Agreed. It is weird to me. I mean if I have a good number of folks on my friend's list who can play 7-10 heroes at roughly the same level, you'd think these dudes could too.

An issue is when there's conflicts within the team when they overlap and then it depends on the drafter.

Alur

If you say so.

An issue is when there's conflicts within the team when they overlap and then it depends on the drafter.

Some of these dudes have barely shown 5 heroes at a high level in their whole career, though. They spot up a game or two on another hero (like Glau on Mura or Mac on Malf), but for the most part we're talking literally a handful or less of regular picks. There's no excuse for that IMO.

Alur

3 man mosh, still lose the fight. That was a hell of a throw. If they lose this...lol

EDIT: Holy shit the throw.

brian!

i really think that is popular sentiment rather than fact lol

aw glau is so happy lol, I'm happy for him

denial players are all pretty good, but the secret weapon is apm

fbomb on stream is a super face move from glaurung

Alur

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what can i say ppl really like him

Who would you say is as good or better than Fan. Like honestly. You can't just throw that shit out there and not give some names.

The only one who has even remotely had the same level of success is Zuna, and part of that time he was with Fan himself.

brian!

as good: zuna, k1, idream, erho, jun, cattle, fury
i dont really think anyone stands out as the best mechanically, but in terms of overall contribution id say zuna and caff stand out

out of all the good players fan is the most loved for sure
fury and cattle are underrated in the public eye but prtty solidly rated within the scene, zuna is prtty solidly rated in the scene and amongst non-memers in the public eye, jun gettin some hype, erho is highly rated but ppl hate him, k1 and idream (well c9 in general) are all highly rated

actually c9 hardly got any flack when they went downhill, arth ate all the criticism
i think arth is really good too but I mean his name kinda angers some ppl

Alur

How can Caff, k1, or iDream be considered when they weren't even the most notable on the team when he was the late entry to the team?

k1pro has basically no hero pool. iDream is highly diverse, but also prone to tilt just like Zuna and feed. He did it at the end of game 1 against GFE and nearly cost them a sure win, and was only bailed out by more idiocy from GFE. Caff is a tank and if we were going off of Blizzcon last year, sure, maybe. But since he's been middling and often times ends up stuck on 1 or 2 heroes for a whole tournament regardless of what's viable.

Fury? He's had two decent to good tournaments. Before that he was a fucking nomad. Same with Cattle.

Jun is interesting. I think he has more to do with Murlocs success that either of those two names above, but he's also only had two tournaments.

Zuna is on the level with Fan, no doubt, but he throws as much as he carries. The reason Fan is better than all of these names is he is the most consistent high level player...at least until this tournament.

Ketch

Lol zuna is so bad. If you need someone to throw your game or ruin the team I could see zuna. But actually legitimately good? Nah. Him having potential just makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom