• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mostly been playing Tracer and Nova with this patch. More Tracer than Nova since Tracer has a little more viability and is a general pain in the ass for any assassin that needs backline safety. You can eat Chromie alive and generally take out a good chunk of Hammer's health and force them to try and run. The slow grenade is awesome for when Hammer tries to run.

ur probably talking about ppl focusing it hard and getting beat down and feeding and missing soak but
in general it is the only objective on the map early on and gives great value w/ the giant sword ppl, same reason you'd want to take a tower out at mid on bhb before turn in or on braxis w/ zerg rush

It's the missing out on lane experience, forcing unnecessary fights and feeding that bothers me about it, because those are the usual result. The fountain push and even the 5 man ganks mid, I've yet to play a match where that shit hasn't gone wrong.

It's like people watch some pro matches in twitch, apply the same strats a coordinated team of 5 practices at and think's it will work with randoms.

patchday

what is wrong with me. I barely play this game but I spent $30 this month on Alarak, new Kerrigan Ghost skin and bike. And mind you have also just barely played Kerrigan too (got her to L5) after all this time (been here since release)

But I always wanted a Human Kerrigan skin

Man zarya is looking nice too. But will save ingame monies for her
Zarya is my girl in Overwatch. My big strong waifu

Alur

I'm 5-2 with Zarya before she was even patched. Grenade build exclusively.

What's the exact build you're running? I went mostly tank and was still pushing top deeps.

Also, with you on winrate prior to patch. Counting ptr and both patches I've only lost with her twice in about 16 games.

Aamzing what a small buff can do. Wonder if all the streamers still hate her.

Seems she's legit good now, maybe even nearing OP. Not sure. I was having a lot of fun. The damage is sweet now.

What's the exact build you're running? I went mostly tank and was still pushing top deeps.

Also, with you on winrate prior to patch. Counting ptr and both patches I've only lost with her twice in about 16 games.

Nade
E Quest
Nade
Either ult
Any
Cleanse
Nade

But I was hardly topping charts with the build just being a giant pain in the ass before the hotfix.

I did outdamage a Jaina with Tyrael though but that was because my teammates were playing like morons.

Alur

Rentaro just reminded me by saying it on stream, but the speeder bike is the best mount cause it does a wheelie when you start it up sometimes. Lots of flavor in the way it turns too. Was worth my dinero.

scoobs

Rentaro just reminded me by saying it on stream, but the speeder bike is the best mount cause it does a wheelie when you start it up sometimes. Lots of flavor in the way it turns too. Was worth my dinero.

Plus you basically get it for free when you buy that dope ass Kerrigan bundle, and you'd be crazy not to do that because that's the best skin ever made.

Alur

I don't really ever buy into that conspiracy stuff with these games insofar as them wanting to make a profit on a single hero by buffing them to OP or releasing them OP. Easier for them to just bundle her with another mount or whatever for free cash IMO. I think if folks like Zarya or Gul'dan or whoever, they buy em anyway. We all know they will get buffed in a couple weeks.

The only curious thing for me was that they didn't just include those changes in the patch w hen migrating it from the PTR. Clearly they had it in reserve and were considering it. Maybe they thought the outcome might be different or a bit better on live?

scoobs

Idk. I got her for free so idc either way.

Steampunk KT is the best skin the game.

PeDMMJ.gif

Just doubled everyone's hero damage and went 18-2 as Alarak. Its going to be fun riding this wave until hes inevitably nerfed in a few weeks when everyone catches on.

Kioshen

For some reason, Azmodunk and Volley-ball Ming are at complete opposite spectrum for me. Love everything about the first and the other seems so forced.

protonium

For some reason, Azmodunk and Volley-ball Ming are at complete opposite spectrum for me. Love everything about the first and the other seems so forced.

I wholeheartedly agree. Azmodunk is amazing and organic, albeit a legendary skin. Volleyball Li-Ming on the other hand...her hero model looks nice but her themed abilities are terrible.

On an unrelated note, zomg Zarya's so OPz guyz. Call a lawyer.

Alur

I mean, you're welcome to provide a counter point... what skins are even on the same tier level as Kerrigan's new legendary skin? Mecha Tassadar maybe?

The base color of Kerrigan's new skin is all right, but to me the whole thing looks a bit odd. Something about it just looks awkward and the other tints are garish af IMO. I think it's because her goggles look goofy and remind me of Steampunk KT honestly.

I'd put Mecha Tassadar and Azmodunk near the top for sure. Murky and Xul's master skins are also pretty great. Pajamathur is great. Tyrael's master is god tier.

For me personally, I love Kharazim's master, Nazeebo's master, and Flying Monkey Brightwing though I know they aren't popular with everyone like most of the above skins.

Aesthetically I'd also rate Volleyball Li-Ming pretty high cause I think her other skins are booty tier and share the same creepy ass blank stare as Li Li. Volleyball skin does too to some degree but looks a bit more normal.

Holy shit reddit is on one

Zarya, Zarya, Zarya!

Kind of sad they buffed her so high. Now it'll feel worse to play her again once they chop her back down.

IMO they could keep most of it if they just reverted the energy falloff changes to some degree or completely. Cutting in it half makes that mini game a bit too easy.

I just hope they keep the damage numbers - even if a change in energy falloff/generation means you won't do as much total damage per game - because a lack of damage was the main reason she sucked. Her survival and utility were always pretty good.

Pooya

they're revealing a new hero next week on facebook.

Samwise is revealing it so it's probably warcraft or starcraft hero, could be something else still.

Alur

Holy shit who unleashed all the Nova's on Quick Match with so many other good heroes available right now? One on each team in the last 4 games I've played. Predictably, one gets absolutely outskilled by the other.

Alavard

Gee, I wonder if its Samuro the Blade Master....

I'm 50/50 on if it will be Samuro or Varian. Varian could be first, simply because we know his background art for the start screen was datamined from the PTR.

Edit - I just read that Samwise is the lead singer of ETC (the band), and Samuro is the character who is the lead singer in-game. So, yeah, definitely Samuro.

Milly79

Holy shit who unleashed all the Nova's on Quick Match with so many other good heroes available right now? One on each team in the last 4 games I've played. Predictably, one gets absolutely outskilled by the other.

She's bugged people abusing it

scoobs

Very much ready for another melee assassin. I've got master skins for all of em' except Butcher

Also, fuck Nova.

and fuck Chromie.

Alavard

I'm really hoping Samuro doesn't just have stealth as his trait. It would be far more interesting if he works differently to Zeratul and can only remain in stealth for short periods.

Alur

She's bugged people abusing it

Maybe they are trying to, but they are failing miserably lol. I still don't understand why the hype over the slow continuing to stack unless I'm missing something. You were probably gonna kill that person who is 60% slowed anyway if left to your own devices. And if other people intervene, you weren't or were gonna die for the trouble. So not sure why it's such a big deal.

and fuck Chromie.

Chromie is god damn sickening now. Where all the threads on reddit about instant death? BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! If you play on this patch, we'll give you extra range so you can shit on everyone from even greater safety! CALL NOW!

It's super toxic. Played a game earlier where our KT and Nova just continually got shit on by her. Then another game on Towers of Doom where she obliterated so many that 3 of our 5 were cursing in chat about her. If she isn't immediately jumped on, she's no fun. Nearly as bad as original recipe Flamestrike KT IMO. What she lacks in AOE death like he had is mitigated by the constant spam of projectiles that you pretty much can't reliably see to avoid at this point due to her range.

protonium

Maybe they are trying to, but they are failing miserably lol. I still don't understand why the hype over the slow continuing to stack unless I'm missing something. You were probably gonna kill that person who is 60% slowed anyway if left to your own devices. And if other people intervene, you weren't or were gonna die for the trouble. So not sure why it's such a big deal.

Chromie is god damn sickening now. Where all the threads on reddit about instant death? BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! If you play on this patch, we'll give you extra range so you can shit on everyone! CALL NOW!

It's super toxic. Played a game earlier where our KT and Nova just continually got shit on by her. Then another game on Towers of Doom where she obliterated so many that 3 of our 5 were cursing in chat about her. If she isn't immediately jumped on, she's no fun. Nearly as bad as original recipe Flamestrike KT IMO.

Re: Nova's bug, the main uses I can think of are to slow and nail a precision strike or if they're bad at landing snipes.

Chromie's just as bad/worse as KT, Li-Ming and pre-rework Nova were (although I never understood the latter). The lack of similar outrage is puzzling.

Alavard

Amen.

I'm hoping they retain his wind walk ability from WC3. Short duration stealth, increased movement speed, and crit hit when breaking stealth.

I'd kind of like to see the chaos of him also getting to keep his old WC3 mirror image ability. I think it differs enough mechanically from Nova's holo-clones that it remains a possibility.

scoobs

I'm really hoping Samuro doesn't just have stealth as his trait. It would be far more interesting if he works differently to Zeratul and can only remain in stealth for short periods.

If its anything like WC3 Blade Master, Wind Walk (stealth) will be an ability. I'd be shocked if its anything else.

scoobs

Re: Nova's bug, the main uses I can think of are to slow and nail a precision strike or if they're bad at landing snipes.

Chromie's just as bad/worse as KT, Li-Ming and pre-rework Nova were (although I never understood the latter). The lack of similar outrage is puzzling.

You didn't understand why people were upset with Nova Sniping them for 80% of their health bar out of a bush starting at level 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom