• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milly79

Try Gul'Dan out. He seems a lot better.

Also, it was pretty comical to pop Tyrael with 4 slows yesterday (even tho it didn't pan out :()

Alur

Here I was thinking about trying Chromie out finally ... I think I'll look at other heroes in the mean time ...

If you're gonna play her, now is the time. She appears to be overtuned.

From what I've seen since I've played a good bit these past few days:

Chen and Malf are OP af IMO. Zarya is as well, but that's unlikely to last too long I would think. Gul'dan is way better. His damage feels threatening now.

Chromie is pretty damn strong right now and very unfun to play against.

Hammer is still very strong. Kerrigan seems to have had another resurgence. Last I played she hadn't gotten nerfed with she was OP, but seems like she's still really good. Tychus also seems a lot better. From my games it seems like Auriel is the best support right now. Not sure if that's true or not, just how it has felt.

Then of course there's the other heroes who are almost always relevant, like Li-Ming, ETC, and so forth.

Alavard

Chen feels great, but the winrates I'm seeing are not supporting the feeling that he's overpowered. I think part of it is that he's fairly strong against a lot of the other popular characters that just got reworked and are in most of the games this week. Nazeebo and Chromie for instance.

Kioshen

I've tried Chromie in AI games just to get the feel out of throwing sand blasts around. I've had double the damage out of everybody but nobody died. My team was probably not following up with my damage bombs (we even managed to lose that game lol) but whenever I face a Chromie in ARAM I get rocked like no tomorrow. I'll check if McIntyre has made a video on her to see how to properly play her.

Alur

Winrate doesn't necessarily correlate to overpowered. He's def overtuned. He can function in QM without as much worry about getting stunlocked as you used to thanks to the changes, and when picked in a draft where he would have been in the past, he's considerably better IMO.

He isn't the first to have an average or subpar winrate but be very strong.

protonium

You didn't understand why people were upset with Nova Sniping them for 80% of their health bar out of a bush starting at level 4?

I just mean that I genuinely don't remember those days or hating Nova for it. I do enjoy taking people from 100-0 with one rotation of her abilities at 16 though lolol.

---

Malf is overturned but I don't think he's as overpowered as people say he is. He heals over 15s on a 5s cd which is plenty of time to burst a team into ded. Not even tranq can save them.

---

Chromie's free to play this week. Might as well try her out. I played my first game as filthy Chromie and it was gross.

brian!

Malf's healing change is a nice bonus for a low burst meta but what really pushes him over is the e change, like he was the premier support for cc chaining and cc zoning before (long live c9 rex/malf), but now it's pretty much in the bag that whatever is sitting in the center of your e is rooted. His d change is also significant, but id wager it sees more efficiency in upper/more organized games (tho you can always just slap it on a mage who used a cd and get value). Additionally, the e change coupled with the creeping buffs to twilight dream make him a terror in team fights. He can now do things like w bushcheck AND catch who he found/dismounted w/ his e.

Ofc hes a squishy boi still and has to position right, and his team should not be taking free dmg cause his burst healing is weaker than ever w/ the lvl 4 talent nerf (and holy shit elunes grace gives value now)

Alur

You know what else is a cancer?

Zarya, Artanis, Chromie, Sylvanas, Greymane

vs

Chen, ETC, Butcher, and that's about all you need to know.

Very little front line against a shit ton of health and dive. It was brutal.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The game runs way better now compared to the last time I played with Leoric's release. Artanis is pretty legit, might pick him up.

Alur

The energy decay now is pretty noticeable. If you're on a good team that can engage it'll be NP, if you're on a team where you can't consistently team fight as a unit, it's back to being harder to keep your level up.

Celegus

Burn chromie to the ground. The biggest, most abject failure of HotS design since the alpha. In every single respect a disaster - flavour, hero fantasy and mechanics. Whoever designed her needs reassigning back to the wow balance team.

I prefer fighting murky.

I'm okay with this. Can't stand playing as, with or against her, much like Nova.

Alur

The discussion regarding the Zarya changes on HOTS reddit is...well, going differently than I would've expected. Seems many people feel that Blizzard fucked up by balancing her in this way instead of waiting the two weeks like usual before a buff/nerf.

Personally, these changes have been refreshing. Finally, we get yet another undertuned hero but this time you don't have to wait two weeks, or a month, or two months to see them finally buffed into relevancy. Sure, they overshot the mark, but this energy decay change has her about right from my 5 games of experience on it. Definitely much better than she was on release and much more reasonable than she was yesterday.

Someone in the reddit thread wrote this and I agree 100%:

OphioukhosUnbound said:
Eh. Honestly, if they hadn't done what they did it would probably have taken months before she got a fair shake in the meta.

Early impressions strongly influence people's willingness to even consider a hero or adjust to their playstyle.

1 day of an OP hero and a community instantly understanding what she's capable of if played decently >>> month+ of a hero languishing because she was balanced after 2 weeks but no one wants to put in the effort to make her work anymore.

We've seen this happen with several of the bad release heroes. Even when the shit release heroes get buffed and some even make into the competitive scene, us regular plebs take forever to adopt them. If we do adopt them, we do it like children take medicine. Begrudgingly and with much complaint.

Thoughts?

Holy fucking shit I can actually count how many times I had to explain these last couple days that Zarya is not a tank and that Sonya isn't a tank either.

3 times!

The best response I've gotten is nuhuh. Please just drop the roles.

Does Pain is Temporary produce energy if it absorbs damage? I just had to solo tank and it safvd my bum multiple times and I was immediately high energy again.

brian!

The discussion regarding the Zarya changes on HOTS reddit is...well, going differently than I would've expected. Seems many people feel that Blizzard fucked up by balancing her in this way instead of waiting the two weeks like usual before a buff/nerf.

Personally, these changes have been refreshing. Finally, we get yet another undertuned hero but this time you don't have to wait two weeks, or a month, or two months to see them finally buffed into relevancy. Sure, they overshot the mark, but this energy decay change has her about right from my 5 games of experience on it. Definitely much better than she was on release and much more reasonable than she was yesterday.

We've seen this happen with several of the bad release heroes. Even when the shit release heroes get buffed and some even make into the competitive scene, us regular plebs take forever to adopt them. If we do adopt them, we do it like children take medicine. Begrudgingly and with much complaint.

Thoughts?

i prefer this, but it'd be cool if they did all this stuff before releasing the hero

protonium

Thoughts?

I think that Blizz made the right calls. If they have the ability to rapidly tune a hero, why not? It's better than leaving a new hero in a bad state for an extended period of time, like Dehaka. With Blizzcon fast approaching, I'm sure that they wanted Zarya to have a fair chance of making an appearance too. So, teams need time to work with her in a semi-stable state.

Holy shit, AA/MG dominated 1UP in their
last three
games. In game 2 on Braxxis Holdout, they ran an Alarak telekinesis > Dehaka tongue > Stitches hook > Malf roots > dead. They orchestrated that setup for so many kills; it was a thing of beauty.

After a bunch more Zarya games Expulsion Zone really is the go to unless you got enough CC as is. It just completes Zarya's kit.

Her damage now really picks up in the lategame for me.

Milly79

Wow I step away for a few hours and Zarya already nerfed? Haha.

MG is now tainted thanks to AAs bullshit against Chu. GGGGGGG

brian!

watching the gfe vs. gust game and she still looks prtty busted

fan single handedly carrying this game for gfe
nm he got caught out and threw
zarya/medic is a pretty scary combo

this patch is so indistinguishable from the last patch, it's great

Maledict

So the next hero is to be revealed through a live art session with Samwise drawing the hero on the 6th. That absolutely guarantees it's the blademaster - Samwise has been drawing their orcs since the company started!

Alur

I couldn't watch last night cause I had to be up before dawn this morning. brian! did you imply they were using Zarya already?

brian!

I couldn't watch last night cause I had to be up before dawn this morning. brian! did you imply they were using Zarya already?

Yep, she looked very strong too, dbl warrior ofc

Only caught one game w/ her, gust played her on cursed hallow vs. gfe

Both gust and gfe looked like they kinda had a sense of what they wanted to play but execution-wise both looked poor, i doubt nvt has much practice on this patch but im kinda eager to see if they bust out something cool. Malf was fp rated in the gfe/gust set

Also
gfe stomped gust in 10 minutes on warhead, most snowbally map confirmed?

brian!

id say that braxis is kind of close to dshire in terms of snowballyness, but i imagine a lot of ppls games have the zerg rush activated after a team wipe, whereas dshire often gets it's obj solid snaked, so I get where that notion comes from. in qm for sure it can get pretty hopeless if you have no wave clear

brian!

oh god
also auriel and malf are prob the best supports, but medic is so good right now too

quick band-aid solution, less nuke spawns w/ transparent spawn indicators (like a good clear pattern) and a time limit where you have to use it. u kno what, 2 nuke spawns with the ability to pass the nuke to teammates that gives more time on a nuke time limit
actually, in the end, i wish the nuke mechanic was more like how ghosts worked in brood war with the long cast time and stealth

I got so fed up with unranked I'm doing my placements. Somehow I'm at fault for doing siege camp while my team dies over nothing.
I mean it is by expecting them to not take a pointless 4v4 fight and lose.

scoobs

I got so fed up with unranked I'm doing my placements. Somehow I'm at fault for doing siege camp while my team dies over nothing.
I mean it is by expecting them to not take a pointless 4v4 fight and lose.
The story of my life. "Guys let's soak and try to get 16... oh, you're fighting a 3v5. Oh, we lost. Oh it's my fault for not being there ok."

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tried out a bunch of new heroes and decided Artanis is the best for me and picked him up. Next up, Zul appeals to me, but I think I'll go for ranged. Need to try Morales to compare to Auriel.

The Nazeebo changes are very interesting. He's a lot closer to a legit D3 feel now.

protonium

What a day in QM. I haven't played Azmo in forever, and I rocked my 8th and 9th games ever with the Butcher. :D

c32uO8Q.jpg

0jQc3Eg.jpg

scoobs

I've been kind of rediscovering Xul since he's so powerful on Warhead Junction. His pushing power is absurd, I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom