• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Love those gold spotlights. My Rexxar got a 9 vote tonight, some loser didn't vote for anyone. Even though I love his master, I might have to grab his new skin if they do that black friday sale again.

scoobs

Just got through my placements (finally), diamond 4 this time... better than last season! I just absolutely dump trucked the enemy team on Warhead Junction as Greymane. Got 9 votes :D Also, Malfurion roots are total bullshit now. What a joke.

np98IRl.jpg

^It's kind of weird how gmane has declined in popularity lately.

I mean he's still really freaking good. (Just had a BoE game with 10 kills/1 death with 40% damage to immortal)

scoobs

^It's kind of weird how gmane has declined in popularity lately.

I mean he's still really freaking good. (Just had a BoE game with 10 kills/1 death with 40% damage to immortal)

I prefer it this way, now he never gets banned and people kind of forget how to deal with him.

protonium

I still gotta get around to learning Greymane.

I was watching chu8's stream and Auriel's aegis cancels Diablo's lightning breath lol. It doesn't suspend it like maw (does/used to?).

scoobs

First Zarya game, having not played her one time outside of 1 AI match, and I top all damage, role, and XP. Seems about right. She actually does feel like OW Zarya, you just melt shit when you get energy.

brian!

dig look very smooth, they pick the most annoying comps but at least they are practiced w/ them lol
whoever shot calls for them is on point, their macro is prtty good

dig look very smooth, they pick the most annoying comps but at least they are practiced w/ them lol
whoever shot calls for them is on point, their macro is prtty good

Athero is their shot caller but the warhead junction game was the insane one vikings were a nuisance w/o globals, there still hasn't been a competitive game on that map where a team reached lvl 20.

brian!

oh i only caught the tomb game that just happened now
yeah it's super snowbally, im surprised it keeps getting through bans

dig seem so reluctant to play comps w/ any hard engage lol, I'm guessing they are prtty traumatized w/ bad engages
athero's tracer macro play is great
they need to run sylv if they are gonna roll counter-engage comps all the time

I love the range of drafting Athero added back to their roster. With Alex Dig often put him on the off tank to have jaypl be the maintank but athero's heropool is much wider than Alex' ever was due to being a flex player for the most part.

brian!

holy shit malf is op, never let him through on this map
dig getting too cute w/ their comps, they need to draft more reactively, basically felt like dig was all "oh we have this gimmick comp for this map" and misfits were like "yea dawg, here's the counter tho"

Maledict

I love the range of drafting Athero added back to their roster. With Alex Dig often put him on the off tank to have jaypl be the maintank but athero's heropool is much wider than Alex' ever was due to being a flex player for the most part.

The problem is they keep drafting comps with no damage (like this one). They are hugely overvaluing Tracer. Also, as much as I like him - Snitch is not good at medivh. He dies way too often, and doesn't feel impactful at all. I have yet to see a game where they wouldn't have been better off putting him on someone else. Plus medivh versus illidan and typhus sucks as the shield doesn't do anything, they aren't a blow up comp!

The problem is they keep drafting comps with no damage (like this one). Also, as much as I like him - Snitch is not good at medivh. He dies way too often, and doesn't feel impactful at all. Plus medivh versus illidan and typhus sucks as the shield doesn't do anything, they aren't a blow up comp!
They were unprepared for Illidan in general. Snitch is pretty good at being supportive with Medivh he often doesn't even go for the damage talents but that's more impactful when ahead than behind when you can dive with the portals.

brian!

yeah sylv instead of medivh would have been great, but i think they kind of tunneled in on the gorge/medivh combo in draft, only explanation i can think of for the last pick medivh even tho they ended up going bile
once misfits double picked tychus/mura, they should have been looking for solutions to deal w/ that specific combo other than yo let's play a stitches cursed hallow game
also don't think they were expecting the illi at all for some reason, even tho it's one of his best maps

oh shit never knew tychus could stop tributes through walls w/ the range talent, that's good to know

Zarya with 2nd shield at 13 and shield rewind at 20 feels similar to piano uther with all the shit going on.
If you got give me twenty at 4 even more so since you have so many skills to juggle.

Sadly energy build is just better but nade talent at 7 complements it very well.

1 Energy
4 Give me twenty (quest reduced CD and increased value on E)
7 Particle Grenade (center increased damage)
10 Expulsion Zone
13 Energy Consumption Shield
16 Gain Train (two allies shielded)
20 Rewind

Best Hero released since Chromie can't stop gushing.

Alur

After using Expulsion Zone a bunch...gotta say I actually find it pretty lackluster. Really they both are, to be honest. Expulsion Zone mainly because of the delay on it's cast. Causes it to land in awkward places a lot. I've missed a good bit and seen other Zarya's missing em as well. If it hits it's good...but same with Gravitron. The only difference with Expulsion Zone is that it doesn't require follow-up from your team to make it good.

I feel like Expulsion should be a little bigger, to be honest. It's not a very big circle in comparison to it's Gravitron counterpart, IIRC.

Chromie <3
After using Expulsion Zone a bunch...gotta say I actually find it pretty lackluster. Really they both are, to be honest. Expulsion Zone mainly because of the delay on it's cast. Causes it to land in awkward places a lot. I've missed a good bit and seen other Zarya's missing em as well. If it hits it's good...but same with Gravitron. The only difference with Expulsion Zone is that it doesn't require follow-up from your team to make it good.

I feel like Expulsion should be a little bigger, to be honest. It's not a very big circle in comparison to it's Gravitron counterpart, IIRC.

Sure you miss a great deal but the CD is low enough it doesn't end up mattering too much. Especially with it being much easier to hit than Graviton Surge and it being able to lockdown targets better in many cases, against structures / environment.

Milly79

That shit is annoying when you're trying to back out of a corridor and she throws it in front of you and you're just getting noped to death.

Alur

If you can land it right it's great.

I've found Gravitron much easier to land, though. Expulsion always feels like it needs Nazeebo's range talent to make it effective. If I could shoot it just a little farther and faster, it'd be amazing. As it is I only seem to get it where I want it when I'm the one retreating, not them, cause Zarya has no mobility.

Don't think I've managed to ever land a satisfying graviton surge, imo it's much harder to land and at double the CD no less.
Expulsion Zone allows me to peel for the team and secure kills more consistently. Graviton might give you a game winning fight but it might as well do shit nothing.

protonium

Does anyone have any tips for Warhead Junction aside from drafting globals, centering the nuke on your target and the nuke damage ramp up at 14 minutes?

Does anyone have any tips for Warhead Junction aside from drafting globals, centering the nuke on your target and the nuke damage ramp up at 14 minutes?
dunno if true but the bosses apparently do less siege damage in the presence of players. It apparently has an extra rotation or something.

It was something a caster said so take with a grain of salt.

Celegus

Good solo laners seem to do well, though I've only played it a handful of times. Since it's so big and there's often a lot of nukes popping up, there aren't a ton of huge team fights. Someone that can hold their own and pressure the opposing lane, been having good success with Rexxar. Love zoning/scouting with Misha while he's picking up a nuke, and just bullying my way to their gates.

scoobs

Decided to finally learn how to play Li Ming today. This is one of those heroes I just feel bad for playing. She's so unfair its amazing

Pick chen ask for another tank, diablo gets hovered then picks sylvanas anyway because she complements our first pick butcher so well.

Scrub league takes a toll on you. Anytime soon I'll have completed the descend to Bronze.

scoobs

Figuring out MingLee pretty quick. Going for calamity build and I feel pretty much invincible and like I can always kill the entire team by myself. Well balanced hero!

rATzsBB.jpg

protonium

I'd like Blizzard to release stats on how many leavers (incl. draft dodgers) there are across each game mode, and then proceed to near-perma ban the lot of them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Huh, I wonder what they have planned for Blizzcon. I was assuming the re-unveil and release of this was going to be at that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Same here. Interesting. Probably some interesting hero reveal, like Cho'Gall last year.

I guess what I mean is that they usually unveil 3-4 heroes, at least one of which is quite unique, and then in addition unveil things like new maps and some major new feature set (be it a massive rework of ranked/UI/etc or something like Heroes Brawl).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom