• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

I think chromies style gets more toxic per buff but i imagine that shes similar to hammer in that a lot of ppl will realize ~halfway through the game that theyll prob get decent results if they jump her instead of waiting and dying

If yall are having problems with getting hit by her try being in constant erratic motion since her shit has delayed casting and she has to predict to hit. Also go super ham whenever she blows a cooldown

W/ temporal loop, yeah just feel sad and helpless lol, but she had that even back in the 30% winrate days

protonium

On second thought, I like the new Kael and Xul skin models a lot.

What do you all think about quest talents where the progress resets on death? Like how Kael's convection resets but Azmodan's sieging wrath doesn't, when infernal globe has a longer range and wider AOE? Or how Medivh's master's touch resets but Gul'dan's echoed corruption doesn't. I realize it's not comparing apples to apples.

scoobs

On second thought, I like the new Kael and Xul skin models a lot.

What do you all think about quest talents where the progress resets on death? Like Kael's convection resets but Azmodan's sieging wrath doesn't, when infernal globe has a longer range and wider AOE? Or Medivh's master's touch resets but Gul'dan's echoed corruption doesn't. I realize it's not comparing apples to apples.
Kael is also great in team fights where Azmo really isn't. Kael is at danger more, but his quest is much shorter, Seems ok to me. All of Guldans Q talents suck ass, so they should really just change all of em'

Alur

I don't like the ones that reset on death. Most games you are going to die at least a time or two unless it's a complete stomp. The average is probably somewhere in the 3-5 range TBH. They seem a bit too punishing.

brian!

Im not too into quests in general, but i like butcher's. I'd be ok with it if everyone had quest options, otherwise i worry that an extra power spike is hard to manage. So far blizz has largely made them underwhelming or placed them at decisive talent tiers like 7.

brian!

it's weird for me to think about since quests are relatively new, but things like gathering power have been around for a while. like officially i don't like gathering power/whatever greymane's is called because it's too easy to stack and it starts an undeserved snowball but I mean ima pick it every time because it's fun so I guess I'm conflicted

i used to really like azmo's minion stacking globe thing mainly because it made the game feel more mobaish, where youd get matchups as a viewer where one team knew that had to finish fast/keep azmo down and one team wanted to turtle for his power spike, and you'd watch that narrative play out, but they kinda generalized him by making the other quest talent pretty good, like good enough that you dont default to minion stacking every time. butcher's is kind of like that but the struggle is much more on the stacker's side and he still has to get in the shit, that's probably healthier than what past azmo was like

Isn't Gaz actually good now, though? I've only seen him in one game the past two weeks I think.

No, at least not at my lvl and definitely not when you need to be able confirm kills because someone picked butcher or because you need a tank since no one picked one.
We actually won the 2nd one because the other team didn't even pick a tank bruiser and had Khara for a healer which is pretty bad right now.

Sadly too spotty an internet today and HotS having low fps despite having had 80fps recently.

Murlocs still bodying GFE somehow.

brian!

didn't catch the game, but since the roster swaps it feels like murlocs is straight up better
jaina/malf can potentially be an awesome combo especially against 4 melee, i wonder how much practice gfe have on it
excited to see how cattle plays chen
i feel like fan's playstyle suits jaina too
if aka goes twilight dream im a fan, silence can fuck up murloc's comp hard
man if fan had blizzed the lil objective guys instead of murlocs they woulda had that easy
hell yeah twilight dream
water ele is unorthodox, but not so bad against a low aoe team
aka needed to ult sooner, they coulda destroyed that fight
tychus/chen/johanna is kind of a dastardly combo lol
i keep forgetting the blizzheroes channel doesn't allow cursing, that last fight was fucking nice from gfe, I was like man why did udall q back in but he's like nah i need that trait dmg real quick
malf roots stopping chen q is the saddest chen feeling
that was a fun game, murlocs needed to push their advantage a lot harder but they didn't and got outscaled

brian!

he wasnt playing well but his one suicide near top shrine swung the game for them, had some clutch sancs too

i cant really read the comps in this game, like i guess aa has some sort of wombo comp, gfe has their comfort picks, hard to read the game off these picks
gust into twilight dream is such a cool combo
man psalm makes the outplay and then blows vp after, cmon na
was bw banned or something, why is jun playing rehgar
oh bw was banned lol
oh nooooo the throw, gg
i feel like i havent watched hots matches in forever lol

Was that the vorpal blade juke trick pros are hiding?
there's a way to appear on the opposite side of the target with vorpal Glau has been using a ton but he said he won't spoil the trick until after Blizzcon.

and GFE threw it, come on one day teams oughta stop throwing against Murlocs.

brian!

yeah zera's usually vorpal then blink to have the out available, i dont think there was any shenanigans during that play he just blinked the gust, but I'd have to check a replay

brian!

yeah so just normal zeratul stuff then

lots of first ban etc so far

dehaka/chen/tass is probably super annoying to play against
man I'm glad dehaka is popular now he's fun to watch
really good timing on taking keeps from imported, did i mention this map sucks

protonium

McIntyre is fucking plastered out of his mind and playing HotS right now. He started out talking so much hilarious shit on voice chat, amping up his game. He then started hiccuping uncontrollably and towards the end of a game kept repeating "I've gotta hit the sugar. I've gotta hit the sugar" before disappearing for a few mins. The other guys are cracking up wondering what he's talking about. He comes back and asks chat for $10 to eat a dog treat. "It's chicken flavoured." "The nutrition value on this thing is insane." "It's going to taste like steak." Oh man, I'm dying. loool

Edit: Turdburger, I see you.

Alur

Not imagining anything. People suggested it was him who refused to play last time. Now he isn't playing again. That's notable regardless of which player or team it involves.

The drama regarding him is that a lot of people question whether he's the right choice for the team, and by failing to play in two straight tournaments it's kind of one of those "why the fuck do we employ this guy anyway?" moments. He may have a legit reason to be out, I don't know, but when dude is already seen as the weak link it's going to raise questions.

If I missed the two biggest recent projects at my work that caused my team to be unable to complete the job, I'd expect some scrutiny there too. I mean, legitimately, how many times can you count that players have missed any tournaments since you've been watching? It seems like I can remember one or two beyond the guy at Spring HGC who eventually had to retire because it was too uncomfortable for him to play, but I can't even remember who. It just doesn't really happen since playing this game/other games is pretty much all these people do so they are always around to do it.

See that's a weird foregone conclusion. Casters commented it's weird Glau is on Johanna like his team doesn't trust him, so clearly it had to be him who tilted and refused to play and him missing now only confirms that. Nevermind that the basis for it never had any substance to it. Glaurung was the only other member, besides Caff, from Denial active in the thread about their forfeiture and he was one of the players contributing to the tournament through coaching sessions on matcherino.

Hasuobs just missed Nexus games for misfits and Zuna just threw Naventic's series by being at twitchcon for his sponsorship. That was just in the last 2 weeks subbing has been happening all year, much less when it was in official Blizz tournaments though.

There wasn't much to tilt over this weekend anyways. The fumbled on the first game but they played well after the 2nd. Considering they already had a sub I assume the absence was premeditated which with your work analogy would make it a ok.

Maledict

Dignitas drafting and playing like absolute garbage. Am hoping this is just because they don't care and want to hide strats, because otherwise Blizzcon is going to be Korea and China all the way.

They played pretty well against Misfits but they had to change shotcaller and drafter again and play rather differently to before. I'm not too worried even if they 0-3 here.

They lack damage for Li Ming here, can't get resets. Sloppy shotcalling by Fnatic, unusual.

protonium

I'm a little LTTP but given what I've learned about Glau's personality from his public appearances, it seems unlikely that he let his team down in the first tournament. What happened with Denial this time, Glau couldn't play in HGC? I think he's American but...does he have Canadian family who celebrate Thanksgiving?

Dignitas taking it 3-1 in the end. Fnatic was playing much more inconsistent than usual.
I'm a little LTTP but given what I've learned about Glau's personality from his public appearances, it seems unlikely that he let his team down in the first tournament. What happened with Denial this time, Glau couldn't play in HGC? I think he's American but...does he have Canadian family who celebrate Thanksgiving?

He just tweeted that Handlebars would be subbing for him the rest of the weekend for the Nexus Games since he's visiting family.
Not sure why exactly that set off Milly and in process Alur, there wasn't even a reddit thread about it.

Alur

Ya that was a kerfuffle over nothing. We know who the other issue was and it wasn't Glau.

Who was it? All the speculation I saw centered around Glau, even though he did post in that thread. IIRC even THH suggested it was him.

Who backed out?

kirblar

Who was it? All the speculation I saw centered around Glau, even though he did post in that thread. IIRC even THH suggested it was him.

Who backed out?
Thought people figured out it was IDream via process of elimination.

With all the crazy announcements in the last two months what the heck are they saving till Blizzcon, one must wonder?

Alur

Dunno, hadn't heard that.

Could be just like the last two. Tease a big new mode/upgrade, and show us 3 heroes with one being weird and nearly immediately available. I'm not expecting a whole lot considering how much we got recently.

Milly79

Dignitas taking it 3-1 in the end. Fnatic was playing much more inconsistent than usual.

He just tweeted that Handlebars would be subbing for him the rest of the weekend for the Nexus Games since he's visiting family.
Not sure why exactly that set off Milly and in process Alur, there wasn't even a reddit thread about it.

Uh, what? I was just saying he backed out? It is shitty though, unless it was an emergency. You know when the dates you have to play are...

protonium

Uh, what? I was just saying he backed out? It is shitty though, unless it was an emergency. You know when the dates you have to play are...

"You're not coming to our FAMILY gathering for a tournament?! You can't take ONE day/weekend off of work when you haven't seen your poor x/y/z family member(s) in a/b/c/ months? After all we've done for you? After how we've supported you? Do you even love us?! FeelsBadMan"

Idk man, while it's an exaggerated scenario, Glau's only 19.

Milly79

Age doesn't matter. Commitments are commitments. You're a pro gamer. Deal with it.

Granted, he kind of left everyone in the dark and he could've notified the team beforehand as well. No one knows but them.

Age doesn't matter. Commitments are commitments. You're a pro gamer. Deal with it.

Granted, he kind of left everyone in the dark and he could've notified the team beforehand as well. No one knows but them.
The Nexus Games are fairly low priority for the teams qualified to Blizzcon, there's no inclination Mike didn't notify his team nor that the team took issue with his absence. That I know of all I've seen is caff retweeting his tweet.

Having a sub isn't that rare to make such a big deal out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom