• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleanse

MediumOldfashionedFruitbat.gif

Alur

Early observations from Brawl:

Super fun.

So far, Chromie, Auriel, and ETC not good picks for various reasons.

Melee seems pretty strong in this.

Alur

Samuro seems pretty cool from my limited playtime with him in Brawl. Felt like he had some decent burst and survivability isn't terrible.

EDIT: So are Deputy Valla and Scarecrow Xul our official unofficial Halloween costumes? Especially since they're giving a Deputy Valla portrait for the event.

Samuro seems pretty cool from my limited playtime with him in Brawl. Felt like he had some decent burst and survivability isn't terrible.

EDIT: So are Deputy Valla and Scarecrow Xul our official unofficial Halloween costumes? Especially since they're giving a Deputy Valla portrait for the event.

Looks like it. Some datamining revealed that the skins will be going live next week with the new patch, and there will be some Hallow's End 2016 bundles.

Milly79

All this speculation in the new eyepad mount and it comes with the two new Halloween skins which are supposedly slated for next week.

Alur

Brawl is indeed amazing. Great fun.

WTF people BMing in Brawl on PTR? #1 it doesn't matter #2 it's PTR so it matters even less than doesn't matter.

Portrait is pretty good IMO.

protonium

I like how the popular streamers have realized that they can host custom games to try out the new hero. Given their large following and eager viewers, they can bypass the extreme queue times.

protonium

Tales of Hero League:
- Game 1: Battlefield of Eternity
- Their team picks Lunara. Our team picks Jaina and Medivh. Their team picks Auriel and Li-Ming. Our team picks Butcher
- I'm last pick and debating between Rehgar and Kharazim, since Malf and BW are banned, and end up taking Rehgar
- Medivh says that I should've taken Uther...(vs Lunara)
- Fast forward to level 3. We get a pick and Jaina's at 30% health. We back out and Medivh gets caught out of position. Starts shit talking us for not helping him "siege"
- We lose spectacularly in 11:11, while he tells me to fuck myself with a rusty stick and to kill myself

- Game 2: Warhead Junction
- I first pick BW for global since Malf is banned. Their team picks Falstad and Medivh. Turns out it's the same shitter.
- We proceed to dominate the game and win in 22:32.
- The feeling when Medivh tries to get fancy and you poly his face for your team to blow up
- Much BM was had

FeelsGoodMan

scoobs

Tales of Hero League:
- Game 1: Battlefield of Eternity
- Their team picks Lunara. Our team picks Jaina and Medivh. Their team picks Auriel and Li-Ming. Our team picks Butcher
- I'm last pick and debating between Rehgar and Kharazim, since Malf and BW are banned, and end up taking Rehgar
- Medivh says that I should've taken Uther...(vs Lunara)
- Fast forward to level 3. We get a pick and Jaina's at 30% health. We back out and Medivh gets caught out of position. Starts shit talking us for not helping him "siege"
- We lose spectacularly in 11:11, while he tells me to fuck myself with a rusty stick and to kill myself

- Game 2: Warhead Junction
- I first pick BW for global since Malf is banned. Their team picks Falstad and Medivh. Turns out it's the same shitter.
- We proceed to dominate the game and win in 22:32.
- The feeling when Medivh tries to get fancy and you poly his face for your team to blow up
- Much BM was had

FeelsGoodMan
This is basically every HL game ever played.

protonium

I will play some if you want, I'm not 3800 MMR of whatever you are. Managed diamond 4 this season though. scabobos#1347

Cool, I'll add you tonight. I'm usually on between 5/6 ET until midnight although that'll likely change starting next week.

lol I'm only 3000 in HL, where it counts. :(

IceMarker

I'm really impressed with how consistent Blizzard has been with delivering content and changes to the game over the last few months. I've definitely been playing a lot more in that time than I have out of the whole year.

I feel a bit spoiled after a months worth of free simpacks, gonna suck when it expires next week.

I'm really impressed with how consistent Blizzard has been with delivering content and changes to the game over the last few months. I've definitely been playing a lot more in that time than I have out of the whole year.

I'm just hoping they have some cool stuff left to show off at Blizzcon :p

But yeah they've been releasing quite a bit of content lately.

Also was watching Triskslyr play some Illusion Master Samuro and he looks super fun. Really seems like he hard counters single target melee like the Butcher.

I was watching fan doing Brawls yesterday and in one he got Nova. When he got cornered, he dropped a decoy and started moving like a decoy himself. Was legit convincing the whole predictable pattern movement and skill usage. Fooled them for a good second.

Alur

Cool, I'll add you tonight. I'm usually on between 5/6 ET until midnight although that'll likely change starting next week.

lol I'm only 3000 in HL, where it counts. :(

I didn't know you wanted to do any. I might do some to do my places. Hell, I might even support just for you bb.

protonium

I'm just hoping they have some cool stuff left to show off at Blizzcon :p

But yeah they've been releasing quite a bit of content lately.

Hear, hear! I'm sure that they have some surprises in store for us. I hope people temper their expectations given that we've been enjoying a steady stream of updates for a good year now!

I was watching fan doing Brawls yesterday and in one he got Nova. When he got cornered, he dropped a decoy and started moving like a decoy himself. Was legit convincing the whole predictable pattern movement and skill usage. Fooled them for a good second.

In most of the Nova games I've played I just use holo decoy to block skill shots. I should mess around in try mode more to learn its behaviour.

I didn't know you wanted to do any. I might do some to do my places. Hell, I might even support just for you bb.

Ye. I already placed in D3 and D4 but would like to hit masters with both accounts. I usually end up supporting since first pick Malf's so stronk or I'm last pick.

Man, I can't make Valla work in HL. QM's fine but I find my team usually lacks a front line in HL. One melee doesn't cut it.

brian!

really enjoying arena, it's great that i can try samuro and alarak w/o buying

alarak is really fun to play, samuro is good on this map too. i hope we get ptr map updates and it releases with multiple maps

w/ samuro i got illusion control every time

Alur

Not quite sure I understand the illusion control heroic.

Seems like no matter what you do it hops you around each illusion til they are all dead, so you have good survivability. I wasn't microing them at all and it was popping me around somehow before I figured out (sort of) how to do it.

brian!

for this map at least i dont really pop the tele too much unless im finishing someone, I feel like illusions have a lot of value in this map too, being able to block w/ them or just send them out to do stuff feels strong on this map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom