• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I just like giving you shit about him cause I know you'll leap to defend him for whatever reason.

I still stand by my statement, if he's missed both events it's "why the fuck do we employ this guy?" If he wasn't he guy who missed the other one, it's still "is this guy the right player for our team?" and bar bereavement or sickness, curious that he's missing. There are legit questions given his lack of hero pool and impact on games and you yourself have admitted that. We've discussed it ad nauseam in this thread. If I was already the weak link I sure as hell wouldn't be missing.

And to respond to earlier, no, I don't buy your line about subs being common. They do happen, but it's pretty gat damn rare in the grand scheme of things. I can't remember Tempo or C9 ever really having a sub. Same with GFE. I dunno about the Zuna one for NVT as I didn't watch, but before that I can't remember them ever having an issue either. I don't keep up with EU close enough to say definitely, but I don't really remember the top teams (Dig/mYi) doing it either. If someone popped in it was typically the harbinger for a roster swap. Feel free to go do some sleuthing so you can win the argument cause I know how much that means to ya, though.

Celegus

Sorry if this comes off bragging, but I'm SO happy with my Butcher play this game.

First one:

https://www.twitch.tv/disastersaurus/v/93852336

Second one:

https://www.twitch.tv/disastersaurus/v/93852892

Sorry for my douchey teammate, he was trolling the whole match when he praised Trump and claimed to hate lesbians and I called him a sexist and bigot. But still, my best game in awhile. I LOVE Butcher.
Good job! He's a lot of fun to play. Wish I could find me some nice Azmodans that think they can out-laser a butcher brand though...

Alur

Up to 40 games now, 62.5% winrate on Zarya across my accounts. Def my favorite hero release in forever. She's pretty much exactly what she was in OW, which is great, and unlike Xul and Tracer, whom I was hyped about but don't quite match my play style (though I do still like Xul), she's fun for me to play.

It's interesting with her because the talent that everyone takes at level one, Maximum Charge, I actually have a losing winrate with. After the re-nerf of her energy decay, I went back to using the talent I originally used on PTR - Together We Are Strong - and I have a ridiculous winrate with it. For me having the extra energy reserves I guess gives me more top end damage, but I'd prefer to have nearly instant full energy even if nothing major happens to myself/shield target. I dunno, while sometimes it's overkill, I pretty much build her to guarantee me energy if I can get in a good engage. Just fits the way I play better I guess.

I also love Gain Train. Always seems like if my team needs to struggle through to 16, at 16 we can make a much better case for a win thanks to it. It's even better once you get Unyielding Defender at 20.

Milly79

This weeks THH kinda fell flat again, which is odd considering Bakery was on it.

There was so much dead air at times and then Jake struggled to come up with something compelling to talk about. It was also somewhat frustrating the times you hear him playing the game and/or typing when he has told others to mute their mic if they're gonna do that. Like come on man, pay attention to your own show.

kirblar

This weeks THH kinda fell flat again, which is odd considering Bakery was on it.

There was so much dead air at times and then Jake struggled to come up with something compelling to talk about. It was also somewhat frustrating the times you hear him playing the game and/or typing when he has told others to mute their mic if they're gonna do that. Like come on man, pay attention to your own show.
The biggest problem with THH is Jake. He contributes nothing and without a panel of 4 guests (a la Around the Horn) it's a huge void. He deliberately doesn't present his opinions and it doesn't work w/ low numbers of people or bad guests.

Maledict

He also doesn't realise that if he wants to show to be big and grow he needs to realise it's not a live show for everyone and people aren't watching the damn videos all the time . It's SO frustrating listening to the podcast when he shows videos or starts talking about how something looks. It's worse than dead air because you're listening to people speak about stuff you cannot see.

Milly79

He also doesn't realise that if he wants to show to be big and grow he needs to realise it's not a live show for everyone and people aren't watching the damn videos all the time . It's SO frustrating listening to the podcast when he shows videos or starts talking about how something looks. It's worse than dead air because you're listening to people speak about stuff you cannot see.

That's the case on most podcasts, but at least they warn/describe what's going on.

Up to 40 games now, 62.5% winrate on Zarya across my accounts. Def my favorite hero release in forever. She's pretty much exactly what she was in OW, which is great, and unlike Xul and Tracer, whom I was hyped about but don't quite match my play style (though I do still like Xul), she's fun for me to play.

It's interesting with her because the talent that everyone takes at level one, Maximum Charge, I actually have a losing winrate with. After the re-nerf of her energy decay, I went back to using the talent I originally used on PTR - Together We Are Strong - and I have a ridiculous winrate with it. For me having the extra energy reserves I guess gives me more top end damage, but I'd prefer to have nearly instant full energy even if nothing major happens to myself/shield target. I dunno, while sometimes it's overkill, I pretty much build her to guarantee me energy if I can get in a good engage. Just fits the way I play better I guess.

I also love Gain Train. Always seems like if my team needs to struggle through to 16, at 16 we can make a much better case for a win thanks to it. It's even better once you get Unyielding Defender at 20.

What do you take at 4, 7 and 13? I usually go with give me twenty, pinpoint accuracy and pain is temporary

brian!

rooting for dig cuz guldan but how are they gonna kill illidan, they have pretty good burst i guess
if they can bait a q engage from illidan they can do force wall playz maybe
dig is so on point w/ the split push, they're playing really cookie cutter and practiced
jugs is such a bad ult
didnt realize this initially, but the self-sustain on dig really fucks illidan, battle momentum on mura still needs a nerf

Alur

The biggest problem with THH is Jake. He contributes nothing and without a panel of 4 guests (a la Around the Horn) it's a huge void. He deliberately doesn't present his opinions and it doesn't work w/ low numbers of people or bad guests.

You both nailed it. When Jake has an opinion, it's usually either so obvious (or cringeworthy) that it's clear he's just not plugged in anymore. If he was just gonna be the plucky host it'd be one thing, but he effectively kills the conversation at times and creates these awkward pauses and bad segue-ways that is hard to listen to.

What do you take at 4, 7 and 13? I usually go with give me twenty, pinpoint accuracy and pain is temporary

I go mostly chalk w/ the popular picks on those.

I Am The Strongest (not a fan of globe stacking quest talents in general, but particularly w/ her for some reason)
Hit Me
(heroic)
Endurance Training

I think Pain is Temporary is a pretty good talent too at 13. Definitely underrated.

protonium

It's fucking inexcusable that Blizzard has allowed Nova's bugged covert ops talent to exist in the game for two weeks now. They better ban every single player who took it in HL. I don't care if they knew about it or not.

brian!

stitches/malf is a sick combo, hook/root, stitches q/e + malf d, hook/dream, lots of free synergy
i think misfits would have been better off with a tyrael instead of etc but I don't know what their pool is

I really like how Dignitas is developing.
I go mostly chalk w/ the popular picks on those.

I Am The Strongest (not a fan of globe stacking quest talents in general, but particularly w/ her for some reason)
Hit Me
(heroic)
Endurance Training

I think Pain is Temporary is a pretty good talent too at 13. Definitely underrated.

I looked up Zarya on hotslogs for the first time and really surprised Graviton Surge is still picked considerably more than Expulsion Zone.
I generally finish getting 20 globes around 16 at the latest and then the CDR really kicks in with Gain Train.
Hit Me is I think overrated it makes you go online faster but once you are online it's fairly easy to keep it up during.
Endurance Training is def the go to but with the extra shield you are almost unkillable w/o a stun chain come 20.

Alur

It's fucking inexcusable that Blizzard has allowed Nova's bugged covert ops talent to exist in the game for two weeks now. They better ban every single player who took it in HL. I don't care if they knew about it or not.

I'm with you. I have at least one extra death (or more) per game if we face a Nova abusing that shit. Filthy.

I looked up Zarya on hotslogs for the first time and really surprised Graviton Surge is still picked considerably more than Expulsion Zone.
I generally finish getting 20 globes around 16 at the latest and then the CDR really kicks in with Gain Train.
Hit Me is I think overrated it makes you go online faster but once you are online it's fairly easy to keep it up during.
Endurance Training is def the go to but with the extra shield you are almost unkillable w/o a stun chain come 20.

I just struggle to get globes with her when I've tried it. We play against Diamond/Masters people, but rotating isn't exactly a strong suit there. If I go seeking globes it often ends with lanes not getting soaked or people leaving lane thinking they can gank and getting killed.

I like Hit Me cause I'm mainly just focused on making sure I get that max energy. It is overkill at times, but I'd rather have too much than too little cause she's poopy without it.

I need to play more with the Pain is Temporary talent when I'm solo tank.

Maledict

Weird series by Dingitas they drafted Guldan in every single game and went 1-3

Yep, really didn't see the value he was providing there at all. Felt like they had something with the final comp, but their damage was too sustained and not bursty enough. Definitely would have preferred someone else over Gul'Dan.

brian!

i liked him in that one game that had against illidan, but the last one they were against a flank heavy comp which is his main weakness. glad to see him getting picked tho

They still didn't pick him every game against fnatic, they had mene on Li Ming, Jaina and on Tychus and that was just yesterday.
Guldan seemed good but not pick him every game because you're obviously winning with him good.

Mene is a playmaker but he didn't get to do that as guldan.

GFE has to work on their shotcalling more than anything. They are fumbling around the map way too often not gaining enough fromt heir leads. Their players are a bit reckless at times as well.

Alur

That feel when you are strongest woman in world:

tR5hqW1.jpg

scoobs

That feel when you are strongest woman in world:
Feelsgoodman. Zarya is so awesome! I can't remember the last time I won that many quick matches in a row, you should get some kind of reward for luckiest man alive for not running into donkey teammates.

Proven

That first game on Infernal Shrines, Dignitas vs. Misfits, the Guldan pick was... not good. Or rather, they picked The Bigger They Are on Tychus, which is the talent that lets minigun chunk players down to 40% health. Chunking someone down to 40% health is a lot! But then they didn't draft a finisher for that last 40% health. So they constantly hit their combo of ETC/Leoric into Malfurion root, allowing Minigun + Corruption from Tychus and Guldan to easily hit... and then they only got 1 kill in 10 combos.

scoobs

I picked him up last week and have really struggled. Mostly around survival - compared to the other melee assassins his survivability/mobility seems really awful. Any tips?
He's like kerrigan in that if you commit you kinda can't get out. One small thing you should try is do not always try to combo people (W+Q), saving his W to retreat from fights is his only way out (self-cast is your friend here). Engaging with just his Q is often effective. Play him like you would Thrall. Poke as much as possible with his E, and when you see a window to destroy someone, cast your W and Q and blow them the hell up! (Or if you're playing cautiously save that W for your escape)

One neat little trick that I don't see many people using is self-casting W+R(charge) as a super long distance escape tool.

Also, pick up the level 16 lightning heal talent, it's OP sustain

Alur

Oh my god, boys. Deputy Valla portrait INC. Best part of update? Kappa

Proto I think I saw on reddit that they had mentioned it was getting fixed in this round of updates...though if it's not in the notes /shrug

Alur

Zarya upcoming nerfs not too bad for me. I don't use that level 1 talent much anyway. Maybe it drops her from ~60% winrate into the 52-55% range?

Milly79

I wonder what Malf's do to him.

And how many times have they changed Chen's health and regen? I hope it doesn't hit him too hard. He's so fun.

Valla buffs? The heck.

Zarya nerfs seem fine, I doubt the lvl 1 talent change will do much wrt pickrate. It's still a base 20% damage buff not just AP, which was a storm talent for Li Ming that got nerfed.

brian!

I think it's a reasonable valla change since they nerfed what was important. I thought her stun ult was underrated, but since strafe extends hatred duration it was pretty hard to take it outside of wombo intentions i suppppooose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom