• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
Good lord the playerbase of this game is filled with assholes. I can't go a single game without somebody being a douche, it's why I quit this game originally and it's such a damn shame it's never been dealt with.

I guess I'll just mute my teammates going forward. =/

scoobs

Good lord the playerbase of this game is filled with assholes. I can't go a single game without somebody being a douche, it's why I quit this game originally and it's such a damn shame it's never been dealt with.

Every game has em', the mute feature is quite handy in this regard. And the report feature actually works! You'll see silenced players all the time.

Every game has em', the mute feature is quite handy in this regard. And the report feature actually works! You'll see silenced players all the time.

Bingo, as soon as you see it, report it and move on. You'll likely save someone else in the future, especially in hero league.

Never play Dota 2 or LoL.

HotS not having built-in VoiP is as much a positive as it is a negative. While you can't verbally coordinate with your teammates, you're also not learning how to swear in multiple languages.

HotS community is pretty tame compared to Dota 2's, but that's kind of sad because it's just less awful.

Alur

The toxicity is also heavily concentrated in the first three leagues (Bronze/Silver/Gold) and gradually lessens as you move up. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the playerbase is in those leagues so it can leave a bad taste in new players' mouths pretty easily :(

Acerac

Banned
Never play Dota 2 or LoL.

HotS not having built-in VoiP is as much a positive as it is a negative. While you can't verbally coordinate with your teammates, you're also not learning how to swear in multiple languages.

HotS community is pretty tame compared to Dota 2's, but that's kind of sad because it's just less awful.

I played LoL extensively and got 250 hours in to DotA 2. Neither of those games had nearly as many people whining every match.

It legit takes me aback how much people bitch in matches of HotS. I just muted everyone after my post last night because I was so sick of it. For what it's worth I wasn't even the target of the vast majority of the crying, but when 2 out of every 3 losses (and even some wins!) have people acting like douches to their teammates it's just not worth it.
The toxicity is also heavily concentrated in the first three leagues (Bronze/Silver/Gold) and gradually lessens as you move up. Unfortunately, the vast majority of the playerbase is in those leagues so it can leave a bad taste in new players' mouths pretty easily :(
Damn, shame that I suck at video games. I was a gold player in league but getting above that here seems like more effort than it is worth.

Alur

If you can sneak into Platinum, things start to get a lot better. Diamond is the sweet spot. Even higher parts of Gold aren't too bad compared to the stuff you see at entry level MMR. It doesn't keep the douchebaggery from happening, just happens in a smaller percentage of games.

I see someone complain about other players every 6-8 games, ie "Wow, Valla, why did you go in there? That was stupid". I probably see someone get legitimately toxic about 1 in 15 games in Diamond, with insults and swearing/slurs etc.

Maledict

Blizzard has to make the fountains in Brawl mode immortal. Before release.

The entire thing is ruined by now by the suicide at the start to kill it tactic. It's utter garbage.

brian!

I feel like some sort of strat/comp building can come out of the fountain situation but i agree that the mode shouldnt really be about that. Id rather they just take it out than make it invulnerable tho

I played LoL extensively and got 250 hours in to DotA 2. Neither of those games had nearly as many people whining every match.

I've put over 2000 hours into Dota 2 and vehemently disagree or we've just had tremendously different experiences playing the same game. I haven't had to google terms like "cyka blyat" or "chinga tu madre pinche pendejo" while playing HotS to figure out what the hell my teammates are typing/yelling at me.

The lack of voice chat immediately cuts out 50% of the abuse people can hurl at you mid-match.

Acerac

Banned
I've put over 2000 hours into Dota 2 and vehemently disagree or we've just had tremendously different experiences playing the same game. I haven't had to google terms like "cyka blyat" or "chinga tu madre pinche pendejo" while playing HotS to figure out what the hell my teammates are typing/yelling at me.

The lack of voice chat immediately cuts out 50% of the abuse people can hurl at you mid-match.
I'm not saying that DotA is devoid of these players, just that HotS seems to be bursting at the seams with them. Granted, it's been ages since I played the game but I wasn't getting them nearly every match.

Not that it matters, I'll just keep everyone muted to avoid the nonsense. Sorry for whining, I understand nobody wants to hear it, I just had quit the game over a year ago due to these players and was annoyed to see that nothing had changed.

Ketch

samuro is broken AF in the brawl at least.

With the control illusions ult you just get 2 free units with no penalty if they die. AFK Samuro on the objective and everybody else + your illusions fight the enemy team.

What is the real cooldown of his illusions?

scoobs

seems bad then i think. Is the other ulti like super good? cus I think controlling the images is way better then not being able to do that.

4 seconds of unstoppable and you do a billion aoe damage. Both ults are extremely good, but only if you're good w/ controlling and juking with the clones. 90% of people will take bladestorm and destroy. The other 10% with insane APM will be unkillable gods with the illusion master ult.

Alur

Nah, having them around is still good. They add 30% each to your damage, so that's 60% more damage and I'd guess most of the time you want them on the same target anyway since you have no other utility. Maybe you could harass someone with one in the backline or something, I dunno.

The Tast-uh My Blade! ult does a shitton of damage, but the CD is pretty long. Microing the illusions is probably better just because of CD, TBH, on top of how useful it is period. I will be stuck using the whirlwind.

brian!

I havent played him outside of brawl and dont know his talents but theoretically spin ult should work better in normal games since fights are more predictable and things like engage/cc -> spinny is easier to pull off. If samuro is poked down a bit it doesnt seem hard to focus him down during spin and it doesnt seem worthwhile to use the unstoppable for escape purposes, the clone one is definitely less all-in as an ult and probably the safer general pick, besides it being awfully strong on paper in the first place.

Illusion ult also gains significant value in normal games w/ the scouting, warding, baiting, and etc

brian!

Yeah that's an excellent use of it, his waveclear doesnt seem great (talents?), but being able to soak that extra and shift into the next lane is strong

Im surprised there isnt a max range on the teleport

brian!

Yeah it absolutely is, it's been great in brawl in my experience

W/r/t dodging skills w/ q, havent even been able to test it since im pretty much spamming q on cd in brawl lol

Dreavus

This is possibly a stupid question, but you don't need to do team league with the same 5 people to place right? Everyone is placed individually?

Milly79

Let me tell you about fun, guys.

Unranked draft -

They pick Chen, Tyrael

Leave Tychus open. I grab him. Last pick Leoric. Okay, cool. That works against two tanks.

Game starts. Runs into all 5 of them. Okay, cool. Ghost form, runs to their keep. Dies 21 times.

Awesome.

kirblar

Let me tell you about fun, guys.

Unranked draft -

They pick Chen, Tyrael

Leave Tychus open. I grab him. Last pick Leoric. Okay, cool. That works against two tanks.

Game starts. Runs into all 5 of them. Okay, cool. Ghost form, runs to their keep. Dies 21 times.

Awesome.
Report for feeding.

And report their parents.

scoobs

I thought we were gonna play sometime? None of you fuckers have added me on battle.net. Fine, I get it, nobody likes me. :( :( :(

Milly79

Doesn't even tell me he logs on. Feels bad man.

Trust me when I say you dodged a huge bullet. We went 1-4. It was like all the weekend warriors were out on a Thursday.

You hadn't logged on in a lot of hours anyway when I got on so I assumed you were doing family stuff.

Kioshen

I thought we were gonna play sometime? None of you fuckers have added me on battle.net. Fine, I get it, nobody likes me. :( :( :(

I added you but real life got in the way :(. I'll be able to get back online soon allthough with the new OW event it might steer me away for a bit.

I'm really starting to like Auriel on warhead junction, lots of walls around the nuke spawns to E people into. Good sustain for nuke fights.

Solid pick if BW has been taken/banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom