• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alavard

I'm really starting to like Auriel on warhead junction, lots of walls around the nuke spawns to E people into. Good sustain for nuke fights.

Solid pick if BW has been taken/banned.

I feel like Auriel is rarely a bad pick, but Warhead Junction actually seems to be her lowest-winrate map, at 44%, and I'm not entirely sure why.

brian!

Jason is a really good flex player, i guess nvt wanted a more dedicated tank guy but i cant recall bkid doing well on anything besides muradin

When i think about it tho, bkid as a tank player strives to constantly throw his weight around and make space, while jason was more caffeinish and mind gamey, maybe the fit will be good. I dont think jason is necesarily a good fit for the fury-shaped hole that gfe has had for a while but as a player i feel like his playstyle suits gfe, he did a really great job molding himself to nvt's style though.

Ronabo

Any one have any unused Hero codes laying around?

Or maybe know a place that is selling some cheap. I just got my nephew into this.

kirblar

Starter Bundle leaves on Tuesday so might want to grab it while you can. Might want to check ebay for individual codes. Might be a bunch of Jaina codes laying around in the WoW thread after the last X-Pack.

Medivh and Zarya shields are kinda bullshit in QM games when you que as dps/tank in no healer games.

Zarya is kinda manageable but I think Medivh should not be grouped into no heals QM games.

I dont think he should count as support but maybe have the system only group him in QM games with support.

Medivh and Zarya shields are kinda bullshit in QM games when you que as dps/tank in no healer games.

Zarya is kinda manageable but I think Medivh should not be grouped into no heals QM games.

I dont think he should count as support but maybe have the system only group him in QM games with support.

I'd actually love to see a special dialog box pop up if you attempt to solo-queue Medivh. Like a "a you really sure you want to do this?" warning.

Alavard

^Medivh just has a high learning curve. In the right hands he's OP as hell.

Also Medivh+Butcher is the absolute worst.

The problem (in my eyes), is that Medivh is a niche hero, which means he will always be feast or famine in a Quick Match game. He will be amazing in certain comps, but garbage in many, and when solo queuing, it's a roll of the dice which you'll get.

Medivh isn't the first hero like this of course, but what's becoming problematic for QM is that Blizzard has started releasing more and more niche comp heroes. This is wonderful for drafting modes (and thus, better overall for the game), but means QM is going to get worse and worse.

scoobs

He's a great QM hero if the player is experienced on Medivh, because he does a shit ton of damage. Unfortunately he's hard to play so most people just suck at him.

Alur

I don't remember him ever playing them for Cog, but that's so far back at this point it's hard to be sure. Can't say I've ever seen him pull them out on stream either.

I'm guessing they're just dicking around a bit and trying not to show their hands for Blizzcon. With his skill level/apm it should be a hero(es) that he is pretty good at, though.

Alur

Astral went from looking like they were lucky a few months back to just straight shitting on everyone like it's nothing. Pretty amazing growth.

brian!

it's the best choice in that tier against illidan (besides gotlike positioning and gcannon) but i dunno if it's something worth keeping a secret, like they're not gonna bust out li ming as an illidan counter anytime soon

does glau not play alarak? was a good opportunity to pick him

Celegus

Denial drafts weren't great (that Illidan last pick wtf) but AA is looking great still. And any team that can play Alarak that well has got my vote.

Won my first ever Team League game last night with four of my friends, felt incredible. We've been really working on our communication lately and team comps, and it was so worth it. Can't wait to do more.

Our comp was: Stitches, Butcher, Sgt. Hammer, Morales, Medivh (me)

scoobs

Won my first ever Team League game last night with four of my friends, felt incredible. We've been really working on our communication lately and team comps, and it was so worth it. Can't wait to do more.

Our comp was: Stitches, Butcher, Sgt. Hammer, Morales, Medivh (me)

oh my god this sounds like such an annoying comp to go up against.

Alur

I would have assumed so, but I believe Milly told me they aren't til the week after. For some reason Heroes Nexus has never added them to their site...not sure if they gave up on datamining or what.

Dreavus

Managed to get Alarak to level 5 playing with a friend in QM. Though quick match games are usually a crapshoot, I settled on a lightning focused build which I felt pretty good about. Mana cost reduction, +range, extra healing, cooldown quest, sadism, both ulti's by level 20. It's probably actually a bit better in QM because there's often no supports on either team, so you can just zap people from range on CD and eventually they need to do something about it or leave to go heal.

A big thing that helped me when playing him is when I learned about the Alt + W thing (no mouse click) which automatically casts the Force Push on you and shoves you forward whichever way you are facing. HUGELY helpful for getting out of bad spots quickly instead of trying to get yourself in it with a manual cast.

He's fun and I was considering picking him up, but I should still probably grab the rest of the 2k/4k heroes I'm missing to try and round myself out for the Draft modes.

Kioshen

I should get around to buy Alarak. I have enough gold anyway so might as well try to see if I can finally play a melee assassin correctly.

Milly79

I need to learn Alarak badly. During my tank spree he's fucked me up so many times with the silence. I just wish I knew the best way to pull somebody because click drag quickly is hard to pull off IMO.

Maledict

That's weird. Battlenet has a notice up about maintenance this Wednesday, but there's an in-game notice saying maintenance on Tuesday American times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom