• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

It's basically the normal game, just with Hammers with speed boost. You get talents like normal and it takes as long as normal, etc.

People are salty af from what I've seen, which may be common in lower leagues but I don't see it much. Bitching about talent choices. Every game has been a stomp so far.

When everyone has max range no one has range. The mines are nigh useless because you move so fast you can just outrun them. It's pretty weird, honestly, and I'm not a big Hammer fan to begin with.

EDIT: At least this one is legitimately only 7 days instead of 9 like the first one.

scoobs

If by ridiculous, you mean ridiculously bad, then yeah

Why is it "bad"

10 hammers with infinite thrusters, 10 BFGs flying all over the damn place, crazy tower pushing back and forth... its silly and dumb, its not supposed to be balanced or super competitive. I really don't see what there is to hate about it unless you just can't find fun in stupidity, in which case i'd say go play hero league.

Alur

Because it's completely obnoxious. There's nothing really fun about it in the same way that you can get fakeouts with all Nova or do crazy chains of damage with all Tracer. Half your Hammer kit is useless in the mode and another part of it is always active. It's just a rotation fest to take forts. Then add in the fact that it's really just the normal game and it's not got the same draw.

Anyway, two observations from Dig vs MVP:

One, Mene should be disqualified for not using the new GOAT Valla skin.

Two, Tyrael strikes again.

Alur

Thought they were playing on live hence the lack of balance changes to anyone but Samuro?

Oh well, either way, no excuse. Skins too good. He needs to make it happen Kappa

Alur

Did better than I expected. At least it wasn't a 10 minute stomp.

The global tournaments depress me. Would rather watch NA and EU separately as they are at least competitive and the outcome isn't completely pre-determined with 2-0 and 3-0 stomps.

After trying Illidan with Snitch and JayPl it's now Athero's turn. Funny how Dig went from 'ban Illidan 24/7' to 'hey someone oughta be good at him'

Dig lost at draft, this game and series is over.

scoobs

Because it's completely obnoxious. There's nothing really fun about it in the same way that you can get fakeouts with all Nova or do crazy chains of damage with all Tracer. Half your Hammer kit is useless in the mode and another part of it is always active. It's just a rotation fest to take forts. Then add in the fact that it's really just the normal game and it's not got the same draw.

Anyway, two observations from Dig vs MVP:

One, Mene should be disqualified for not using the new GOAT Valla skin.

Two, Tyrael strikes again.
To each their own. I had a good time with it

Milly79

Li-Ming may be easy, but there is still shit you have to do to get maximum value out of her. You can't just throw everything out on CD contrary to popular belief.

And if you want to say "piloting" Raynor could not be an easier "pilot" hero. xD

Alur

After all the BM from Milly, Kio finally fires back with some snark of his own.

Milly rite now:
9a9Sfyu.gif

Maledict

So Dig lost to MVP black 2-0, which means we're losing either the best Euro team or the best NA team tonight.

Have to say, best of 3 seems really stupid, and the length of time between matches insane for a game that prides itself on being short. We might see the best EU or NA team go out of the competition after 4 games.

kirblar

So Dig lost to MVP black 2-0, which means we're losing either the best Euro team or the best NA team tonight.

Have to say, best of 3 seems really stupid, and the length of time between matches insane for a game that prides itself on being short. We might see the best EU or NA team go out of the competition after 4 games.
Their "group stage" format is abysmal. Teams repeatedly get their losses wiped for no good reason.

IceMarker

This week's brawl just straight up fucking sucks, I thought I witnessed snowball matches in the normal game and I was very wrong. Got my 1000g and got the fuck out of dodge.

Alur

My main complaint is that it's a full match. Then add in that I don't like playing Hammer and it's pretty disappointing. I did the same. Sadly, gotta do it on two more accounts now.

Kioshen

Li-Ming may be easy, but there is still shit you have to do to get maximum value out of her. You can't just throw everything out on CD contrary to popular belief.

And if you want to say "piloting" Raynor could not be an easier "pilot" hero. xD

He's hard to play man ! You need godlike positionning, masterful cooldown management for maximum damage and difficult choices in talents at all levels ...
Shit i can't say this with a straight face of course he's easy to play but we needed long range damage dealer against the other comp.

After all the BM from Milly, Kio finally fires back with some snark of his own.

Milly rite now:
9a9Sfyu.gif

Well now that I've talked with him a couple of times on mic I can be more confident. Plus if he doesn't like it he'll give me shit and we'll move on xD.
I think ?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got to lvl5 with Xul and decided I never want to play this game without Xul available so I spent my only 10k on him. Everything about him is so cool. An Alarak totally whooped me three times so I guess that's a rough counter but I really enjoy how Xul plays and his character design.

I also played Muradin and did way better than I ever did with him before. Is he better compared to back when Kharazim came out or did I just get better at warriors?

brian!

a lil of both, depends on what build you ended up going with

holy shit denial giving up free first blood because they are too bashful to body block wadafa
glau shouldnt play tracer

Kioshen

Got to lvl5 with Xul and decided I never want to play this game without Xul available so I spent my only 10k on him. Everything about him is so cool. An Alarak totally whooped me three times so I guess that's a rough counter but I really enjoy how Xul plays and his character design.

I also played Muradin and did way better than I ever did with him before. Is he better compared to back when Kharazim came out or did I just get better at warriors?

IIRC Muradin got a series of nerfs since Karazim came out but across the board warriors where reigned in a little bit. Except maybe ETC right now.

Kioshen

Tried the brawl. It's not bad but you just need to play it like an hyper active raynor. I pity people trying to siege like idiots. It doesn't help with damage guys it's just splash. I had fun with it but I'll also stop after the 3 matches. I highly prefer the aram style than just straight up real match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom