• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

That's State of the Nexus. Was clearly the best pro pod out ther, but they never figured out uploading it to iTunes and they stopped doing it because all three were constantly on the road for tournaments or scrimming. Hopefully at some point it comes back.

Alur

Simple formular for figuring out who will win a Brawl this week.

Count the number of players with ambush on each team.

The one with more will win.

I've actually found the opposite when I've done it. The team who goes all in on ambush typically gets rekt by the artillery team. Same thing happened last night in the one I played on my other account. The exception to that is the first game I played of the brawl, where the enemy team went Ambush and mine went a split of Regen Master (?!) and Artillery.

Regardless, it's stompy as hell. Haven't had a game be within 25 shots on the core yet. Always 30+ - 0.

That's State of the Nexus. Was clearly the best pro pod out ther, but they never figured out uploading it to iTunes and they stopped doing it because all three were constantly on the road for tournaments or scrimming. Hopefully at some point it comes back.

Makes sense Kaelaris didn't have the time cause he's doing lots of games beyond HOTS as a host. I never understood Bakery and Dread not having time to make something work with other guests, though. I legit don't even know what Dread does all day. He was gonna stream, but stopped cause he had to study for these tournaments...which haven't really happened for some time and typically pretty staggered anyway.

Seems like Bakery and Dread should both be able to carve out an hour and a half of time per week to do a show, but /shrug.

Alur

From the Q&A on reddit regarding rosterpocalypses:

eSportsMatt said:
We are aware of the roster volatility that occurred this year. One of the main points we're looking to hit for 2017 is consistency and the most direct way we can do that is by being more rigid with our roster locks. For the 2017 season there will only be one period, in the middle of the year, where teams are allowed to change their rosters.

I know we as viewers hate the constant roster swapping because it's mostly rearranging deck furniture on the Titanic..but isn't a near-constant lock exactly what the Tempo Storm guys railed against when TS got roster locked into their toxic combo after Funyungate?

I distinctly remember Dread and Zoia discussing how they would have made changes if they could have and it hurt them that they couldn't, and also hurt whoever it was that was wanting to quit because they were basically forced to play.

kirblar

Hopefully that means more supports announced at Blizzcon then.
There's a bunch of them in the pipeline, there's just going to be a delay on them getting out to us because they didn't realize the issue for so long.

Zarya/Medivh are both pseudo-supports too though, which helps.

brian!

Im sure there will be provisions for roster locks and also for the amount of allowable intl talent.

I like the rosters mixng up though, it's fun to follow

I agree that teams should have the ability to switch up rosters in some capacity, in na at least i dont think any team has had success when doubling down on a roster that they thought was problematic, nvt and mac comes to mind where they tried pretty hard internally to get him to mesh but it ended up being an empty investment

The idea a lot of ppl have that a team will stumble and then immediately look to excise someone in order to fix a misstep doesnt work for me, but it makes sense from a spectator point of view where it's easy to see the decision as bad game->innordinate response

In terms of creating and fostering team/player brand it is pretty necesary to give viewers a sense of organic team narrative if they are expected to watch weekly, i think blizz can find a reasonable middle ground

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
As someone who watched the SilverHawks as a child, I am a big fan of this new skin. I just wish they gave him an option of flying instead of a mount.

Ketch

Samuro seems a tab bit rediculous. I don't understand why he doesn't have mana.

if you go with the images ultimate, and get the wind walk image, you literally just have like inifinity units to send at them.... it doesn't cost me any mana, but it does cost them mana or health to deal with it.

It doesn't out right killsomeone like wind walk into the spin to win ulti... but infinite illusions always looking for them is broken in a totally different way.

Like what if lunara's wisp could attack and was on a 5 second cooldown and didn't cost mana.

kirblar

IIRC, the biggest issue was reduction of screen clutter when hes using the images for his opponents. Might also have been them not getting the mana display on images working right.

Dice

My issue isn't his power or the frequency of images, but how much HP they have. It's worse than fighting TLV and yeah you have to spend a ton of mana even if you can avoid being too hurt. It's a back door to tanking and an assassin shouldn't be able to do that, especially with such chase ability. It isn't only annoying, it's unfair to other assassins like Nova.

Dice

I don't mean Nova vs Samuro, but just that you actually have to use half a brain to play her with positioning and resource management, but he gets durable copies and chase/gateway speed for free. Illidan doesn't have mana but you have to play him skillfully or you'll get killed really fast. If Samuro's copies had less HP so you could dispose of them without being utterly drained it would make him more reasonable. Butcher is probably as durable in a fight, but it balances by him only being one target so stuns can be significant.

I know we as viewers hate the constant roster swapping because it's mostly rearranging deck furniture on the Titanic..but isn't a near-constant lock exactly what the Tempo Storm guys railed against when TS got roster locked into their toxic combo after Funyungate?

I distinctly remember Dread and Zoia discussing how they would have made changes if they could have and it hurt them that they couldn't, and also hurt whoever it was that was wanting to quit because they were basically forced to play.

That scenario that happened with Tempo Storm happens in every team e-sport unfortunately. There's no way to stop it. It's better to have a structured 2x or 3x per year roster lock than be like what DOTA was in 2013-2014. That was a shitshow of epic proportions. You run into huge problems with contracts and lengths of agreements and people backstabbing each other right before events and all sorts of scummy shit when you don't have scheduled shuffle periods. You've seen it already in HOTS and it will only get worse if the scene grows. Blizzard knows they must enforce the continuity to ensure that it happens so that they can build fan attachment.

Not everyone gets along in pro sports. But these players are going to get salaries now. It's just how things work.

Maybe 3 shuffle periods a year would be better? Not sure how they'd go about that though. The schedule is pretty distinctly divided into two halves. Valve has 3 majors per year, so they have 3 shuffles. HOTS is essentially having 2 "majors" I guess.

scoobs

I just had a 10/10/0 alarak game against a master league Samuro. I feel like a god right now. Feel free to ask questions boys, I'll be here all day.

Alur

Not shocked. Reynad thought he was catching a team on the come-up since they were World Champs, and the preceded to not win much of anything afterward. IIRC he's always been hesitant to sponsor non-English speaking players/teams, so I guess maybe the communication made it even harder. Not like he could really check in on them or motivate them or anything.

Plus, there's a real NA league coming, so if he decides he wants a team again he can always jump in there.

I just had a 10/10/0 alarak game against a master league Samuro. I feel like a god right now. Feel free to ask questions boys, I'll be here all day.

Did you get 8 MVP votes though? If not GTFO you failure

Which do you think is more likely for a tgi fridays cross promotion, alarak of ribs or a samoreo sundae

why tgi fridays doe

Dice

Why does Samuro drink a bowl of piss on the main screen?

Alur

scoobs too busy polishing all those mvp trophies that the rest of us don't have.

Doesn't have time for Dehaka, Dahaka, or Count Dooku.

Dice

Last night someone was mortally poisoned by Lunara so they went B and the timing was such that they actually completed the teleport but died inside the fountain.

brian!

Yeah i just didnt think shed share priority with malf

Like id imagine etc/dehaka is more terrifying in solo q than valla

Kioshen

Well like any tank you need follow up damage to be effective and in soloq it's a gamble especially for mosh pits. If you get protected, valla is pretty good but you can be slippery by yourself if needed be too.

Maledict

I think ETCs strength isn't mosh anymore. His split pushing with stage dive, combined with the fact he's the best gank tank in the game from start to finish, is what makes him so good and deadly. In our games he's becoming first pick material again, simply because his ability to punish someone who steps out of position is ridiculous compared to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom