• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yeah, I'm talking about the difference between good and awesome. I'm also talking about the 99% of the time he's being used by average everyday players on teams they can't really rely on to make plays for them to "follow up" on and would like to have some cool fun with him in the meantime. A character should be fun and interesting to use on all levels, not feel like they are just a niche thing that only reveals its identity at high level play, and plenty of other characters in the game do offer that across-the-board appeal.

That said, I do like his concept so much I'm thinking of picking him up, but 500g more and I could pick up Kael (finally) and Rexxar instead. Hmmmm...

Alavard

Yeah, I still feel like Dehaka's design is all over the place.

Brushstalking thematically feels like it should be used for ganking, but he lacks the damage output to use it that way. Instead it gets used mainly for soaking and popping into team fights quickly.

And he's classified as a warrior, but lacks the initiation for a true tank and lacks the damage of a typical bruiser.

brian!

Im not really into the idea that all heroes need to feel accessible and that the way to forward this is to make them all variations of the same thing (i dislike support design in this game for example), but im not really invested in it either way. Like i think itd be really awful to nerf illidan since he requires timing and cd knowledge to be effective but sonya/kerrigan dont. Im one of those guys that think balance should revolve around ppl who know how to use a hero's kit properly though, like im pretty against the idea that muradin needs a buff because he has a lowish winrate and ppl arent building/playing him properly for example

It's partially design transparency too and blizz can improve on that, like it makes sense to me that ppl are all yo dehaka sure has doo doo engage with his tongue but dont go oh where the fuck is zaryas engage shes a warrior can we get a buff here

Ketch

Ok. But I don't see what that has to do with Dhaka. Dehaka to me feels like his abilities are bugged. Like if ETC had a .25 second delay before his power slide came out he'd be shit too.

Dice

But then the question is, what is Dehaka? "Backup tank"? That's how I've found the most use in him. Good at clearing waves around, yet able to jump across the map if a fight gets hot somewhere. Regen gives him sustain to hang in an important prolonged situation while someone else takes a minute to hearth. But everything about his character and moves says "stalk and pounce" and that is what he can't do. He's interesting-yet-awkward backup. That's a weird role to carve out compared to someone like Illidan or Muradin.

brian!

I dont really know who dehaka is im pretty sure i thought he was a lurker for a couple of months. Gameplaywise hes a disrupter and flanker with peel options and his main goal (like many warriors) is to get ppl to blow cds on him, and he's a splitter that gets stronger with good fog options like on braxis, spiders, and dshire

And as noted b4, he has the best single target cc out of all the warriors if you land it. I guess id compare his cc to tyrande's where you prob wont be too successful if you just shoot it out without talents

Alur

That said, I do like his concept so much I'm thinking of picking him up, but 500g more and I could pick up Kael (finally) and Rexxar instead. Hmmmm...

Rexxar is good fun IMO. Everyone has KT, be different. Unless you're doing it for HL and in that case KT would probably get more use even after the nerfs.

brian!

Rexxar is actually one of the best for cc chaining since his stun is so easy to land, c9 had a great comp with him a while back w/ tyrande and malf (before e was an assured cc and more of a zonibg tool)

Rexxar is a prtty decent point of comparison w/ d hak since he has a great tool that other warriors dont have in his bear and has to be played accordingly, but again this is more transparent in his design than dehaka probably i guess?

Dice

Yeah I guess with Brawl dropping Gs it won't take too long to get another 3 for Dehaka and Rexxar. Kael can stay on the backburner (for a glass cannon I'm trained for Jaina anyway)

Yeah I guess with Brawl dropping Gs it won't take too long to get another 3 for Dehaka and Rexxar. Kael can stay on the backburner (for a glass cannon I'm trained for Jaina anyway)

But youre missing the chance to get the most smug looking portrait in the game if you dont get Kael'thas

Anyone ever got the you were dropped DC? You'd think they'd let you rejoin w/o going back to desktop.

Had this happen last night. My Internet cut out for a moment and reconnected and I could hear the match and the game said I was dropped. When I clicked to leave it'd give t he option to leave or stay, but if I clicked stay it still wouldn't let me in.

Ketch

Zarya + Sonya is a pretty fun time.

I feel like they didn't quite nail the sound on Zarya's stuff though. It's just so satisfying in Overwatch when you're marching people down with that warm microwave hum and I don't get the same feeling in hots.

maybe it's just because you can't move and shoot.

brian!

Feel like they probably should have made aram it's own queue but maybe that would split ppl up too much

They made one really great change where supports are mirrored but not every game has a support, dats the good stuff

Alavard

Am I crazy or is that one new Zerg map basically just haunted mines?

I mean, other than the fact that the objective isn't zero-sum (one team getting 100% doesn't mean the other team can't get any other value from 0-98% as well), the zerg wave alternates lanes each time, and there's a non-objective boss... sure.

Syf

Banned
It hurts when you mention haunted mines. I've been dying a little bit each day since it was ripped from my life.

brian!

yeah I liked mines too, I miss fighting at the doors the most
it was also the best map for drilling in the idea for newer ppl that the timing of camps can be really beneficial, I think the closest thing now is prob 2nd phase sky temple
I havent played in a couple of months but I expect that the camp situation hasnt really improved

Sorry Breezylimbo that we had to do that to your team on Blackheart.

GG!

Your epic chase on me was pretty hilarious though!

haha no problem

I had picked xul because other people asked me to pick him. Then those other people go and not only don't ban sylvanas, but proceed to pick her fucking over our comp. They banned valla, the only other good tank killer atm.

So then I'm like 'I'll bot, whatever, i don't want to teamwork with you'. They all proceed to bot. At that point I'm like "Fuck this".

scoobs

haha no problem

I had picked xul because other people asked me to pick him. Then those other people go and not only don't ban sylvanas, but proceed to pick her fucking over our comp. They banned valla, the only other good tank killer atm.

So then I'm like 'I'll bot, whatever, i don't want to teamwork with you'. They all proceed to bot. At that point I'm like "Fuck this".
Tychus?

Ketch

Curse and DS should never go away forever. The others can rot.

I just wish you didn't have to drive the dragon, that shit sucks. nobody wants to be the shitty dragon, it's not fun.

Also, I think Samuro's bladestorm heroic is bad and playing samuro like a stealth assassin is not worth the pick/ban that he sees in every game.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Dragon is awesome, I run for that shit every time since i can't trust people to position correctly to not get hit by the towers or to put the fire down correctly

scoobs

Yeah because they had 2 tanks. So Valla is the only other feasible tank killer assassin atm. And our team banned her. Even though me and other people were going 'Ban Sylvanas! Ban Sylvanas!'.

It was like holy shit. I was tilted off the face of the earth after that.

There are quite a few assassins (and a couple of warriors) that have Giant Killer and other anti-tank talents. Falstad, Raynor, Artanis, Sgt Hammer, Leoric, Lunara, Thrall, and Greymane. All of these guys can melt a tank and would have been good options for you

Maledict

Okay rant time.

I've been looking forward to playing ARAM in brawl mode for ages - since they announced it. Was really excited when it came up as this weeks brawl.

There is no fucking class balance in the brawl, making it flat out worse than a standard custom game. Seriously, do blizzard even PLAY their own game? One team with ENTIRELY melee and no tanks versus a team with Chromie, Azmodan, Stitches and two healers?

In all honestly, I walk away yet again astonished at how fucking awful their brawl system is. Aren't they playing their own game?

scoobs

Okay rant time.

I've been looking forward to playing ARAM in brawl mode for ages - since they announced it. Was really excited when it came up as this weeks brawl.

There is no fucking class balance in the brawl, making it flat out worse than a standard custom game. Seriously, do blizzard even PLAY their own game? One team with ENTIRELY melee and no tanks versus a team with Chromie, Azmodan, Stitches and two healers?

In all honestly, I walk away yet again astonished at how fucking awful their brawl system is. Aren't they playing their own game?
All random all mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom