• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

Genji skin from HOTS in OW. Some crossover promotion. That should bolster the playerbase for a week or two and maybe some will stick.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
time to play some HotS again soon then, thats a lot of free heroes I dont own

Alur

I'll be the first to say it...kind of underwhelming. No new maps. A new tower defense brawl and two heroes. Not even three.

Kind of expected due to Machines of War and the like, but was expecting at least 3 heroes.

Ketch

He will be a great assassin and a shit tank, calling that right now.

Rag looks insane, very hype

or vice versa

or bad at both

there's no way he'll be just as good at both. Probably a good QM hero, but you'll always have to be tank anway.

Alavard

Varian's got a very interesting talent at level 16 - Shattering throw I think it's called. Does minor damage to an enemy's health, but large damage to shields.

Never liked Varian in WoW and he looks equally uninteresting in HotS. Ragnaros on the other hand sounds super hot, although his face seems kinda goofy and off?

Bit disappointed that we only got 2 characters shown and they are both Warcraft. Really thought we'd get someone awesome for the Diablo anniversary.

kirblar

Never liked Varian in WoW and he looks equally uninteresting in HotS. Ragnaros on the other hand sounds super hot, although his face seems kinda goofy and off?

Bit disappointed that we only got 2 characters shown and they are both Warcraft. Really thought we'd get someone awesome for the Diablo anniversary.
I think the issue is that if they announce 3-4 like prior years they take all the wind out of the sails of future hype reveals.

Alavard

Only thing I'm worried about with Varian is him surviving long enough as a solo tank to get to level 10 to shift into real tank mode. Survivability wise anyway cause his basic kit should give him enough initiation and peel.

For me I am mainly stoked because I love to tank and get tired of the same choices all the time.

Alur

Only thing I'm worried about with Varian is him surviving long enough as a solo tank to get to level 10 to shift into real tank mode. Survivability wise anyway cause his basic kit should give him enough initiation and peel.

For me I am mainly stoked because I love to tank and get tired of the same choices all the time.

Avoid fighting til 10

Interesting

Im surprised Ragnaros doesnt have a Submerged ulti, where he drops his hammer and summons Sons of the Flame

The for siege sounds interesting tho.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Still no Malthael though. Can't even get him during a Diablo celebration. Sudoku time
ikr endless wow heroes

guess they figure they gave us diablo in one map pack then sc in the latest one so now it's back to wow time

Alavard

At level 13, Varian chooses between 3 banners for his talent, that represent 3 different cities in The Alliance: Ironforge, Dalaran, and Stormwind. Each gives a different aoe bonus, but also plays music from that city from wow in the area. Very cool little touch.

Man, the Heroes deep dive panel is very good so far.

Dat title change, soooo goood

rag looks fantastic and probably the best master skin.

If varian is pulled off well he will be in every tournament match

Alavard

Interesting

Im surprised Ragnaros doesnt have a Submerged ulti, where he drops his hammer and summons Sons of the Flame

The for siege sounds interesting tho.

They're actually addressing that in the deep dive on him right now. Apparently his earliest version was him on the core, and he could spawn a son of flame that people controlled. And people reported that it didn't feel like Rag, and you only actually saw Rag when you were losing, because he was your core.

Iteration 2 sounds hilarious - Ragnaros was still the core, but now you could move him around... as the core, lol.

kirblar

They're actually addressing that in the deep dive on him right now. Apparently his earliest version was him on the core, and he could spawn a son of flame that people controlled. And people reported that it didn't feel like Rag, and you only actually saw Rag when you were losing, because he was your core.

Iteration 2 sounds hilarious - Ragnaros was still the core, but now you could move him around... as the core, lol.
Yeah, that really would have been awkward.

C'Thun, Yogg-Saron - Old gods work as core takeover heroes. Rag doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom