• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Triple Melee, explains the Tychus ban.
So I was playing brawl when they talked about reducing the time it takes to progress. What did they say exactly?
Rewards/progression rework, want to keep giving players stuff past 40, make it easier to get 40, etc.

Alavard

So I was playing brawl when they talked about reducing the time it takes to progress. What did they say exactly?

Recap from https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/5b6xg2/blizzcon_2016_state_of_the_nexus_panel/

Progression system! This is stuff like player levels and hero levels.
We don't like the capped progression, he says.
Hero levels too grindy and rewards are too infrequent.
Progression will be practically uncapped for hero level. And account level = sum(hero levels)

To add in a few other statements, they said after hero level 10 it currently takes around 13 hours per hero to get a single level. They want to bring that down to about 4 with the uncapped system.

brian!

dig banned it tho
oh noo instant pause

nice ass collapse on bot turn in by dig too bad it didnt pan out
man im not used to this type of play in tomb, it's super tense
dehaka is really amazing on this map
kinda feels like dig banned tychus from themselves, falstad is good for the collapse but too bursty to reckon well w/ dbl tank..unless snitch is da god and gets a great separation gust

Alavard

I really want AA to take this match with that ballsy Dehaka draft.

Oh, that Alarak TK into Dehaka tongue onto Tyrael, from behind his own gate, wow.

kirblar

There's been a ton of Dehaka all weekend, randomly.

Alarak/Dehaka/ETC = if you get touched, you're getting sucked into the mud and drowned.

brian!

they seem kinda divided, that fight just now where two got picked off some were going in and some were backing out
man fury is playing super shook, he's missing everything

brian!

ok athero dying there was pretty hilarious
that fear to deny etc q, so good
very clean win by dig, they seem to just be the better team skillwise

Ketch

the problem with the dehaka strat there was that he doesn't do enough damage to force the enemy team to focus him. So he dives the back line, they ignore him and kill everyone else on his team, and then 5v1 him afterwards.

It worked early because the assassins are so much weaker early, but after they get some stats and some talents dehaka's just not a threat anymore.

Alur

There for a sec I thought it was the new Malf skin.

If I was Blizz I'd let em use the new stuff on stream skin wise.

brian!

i guess dig just really prioritize tychus atm or dont want to see cattle on it

ugh medivh stitches, tyrael ban kinda signaled that, rooting for dig this game
dont agree w/ the dehaka pick this time around, they shoulda went for the stage dive against bw
^ actually i guess they are just going all in on the stitches w/ it, i didnt think about that

Dig's draft looks 50x better to me if they play solid, but I think AA has quite a bit of ability to cause discomfort and chaos (and thus force errors).

kirblar

i guess dig just really prioritize tychus atm or dont want to see cattle on it

ugh medivh stitches, tyrael ban kinda signaled that, rooting for dig this game
dont agree w/ the dehaka pick this time around, they shoulda went for the stage dive against bw
^ actually i guess they are just going all in on the stitches w/ it, i didnt think about that
It's all in on Medivh- Twilight Dream and Stitches are both complete and total BS w/ Portal.

brian!

yeah that's a good way of putting it, tho they are putting a lot of eggs into fury hook baskets
really dislike medivh stitches lol

brian!

vp -> horrify is very nasty too but at least it's two ults

aa arent doing anything w/ the picks
athero is shotcaller right? he's doing a hell of a job
dig evolving in the middle of a battle like a pokemon and outplaying the combo

jack nicholson nod every time medivh stitches loses

wait are we still on Bo3s? That's fucked up. You shouldn't be eliminated at this stage w/o a Bo5.

Yeah Athero is shotcaller. Licking Muradin makes no sense, also Fury just gtfo'ing out of an ongoing fight like it's none of his business. Great gorge meanwhile Dig 3 for nothing'd your team, wp.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
if they immediately went into the next game.. but with so much time between games bo5 is an all day thing

Maledict

a few gusts from Snitch were questionable but his tychus looked much better than I'm used to.

His last gust on tomb win them the match to be fair - it was perfectly timed to isolate the ETC and really well done.

Don't think Aethero was as good on zaeratul as snitch, and his death when he got hooked and fucked up his blink was embarrassing, but the plays worked and they beat the cheese combo thank gods. Not happy about it only being bo3 mind you.

brian!

His last gust on tomb win them the match to be fair - it was perfectly timed to isolate the ETC and really well done.

Don't think Aethero was as good on zaeratul as snitch, and his death when he got hooked and fucked up his blink was embarrassing, but the plays worked and they beat the cheese combo thank gods. Not happy about it only being bo3 mind you.

his vps were pretty excellent though
dunno if this was him, but that one part of the game where cattle z'd to bot shrine to interrupt and delay it, there was a call from dig to take mid shrine instead of massing to bot, what a great call

This is totally on Blizzard's bad production. Super League needs to be the model.

agreed... HOTS badly needs BO5's. To showcase a greater variety of maps, more potential strategies and to have more game-to-game storylines. It's kind of sad DOTA and League play Bo3's in the time HOTS could play a BO5 yet it doesn't happen. Why have all these maps that make your game incredibly different from the other MOBAs and only play on 2-3 of them?

It appears all of the league matches next year will be BO5s which is a good start. Hopefully they also do all BO5s after group stages in the international events.

his vps were pretty excellent though
dunno if this was him, but that one part of the game where cattle z'd to bot shrine to interrupt and delay it, there was a call from dig to take mid shrine instead of massing to bot, what a great call
Athero was on point with that.
aa could have won if they ever capitalized off the picks instead of going ham on some mercs
Aggressively taking camps at every respawn is a korean strategy, I think they were trying to mirror it. It wasn't just that they didn't capitalise on it as much as that dig's comp was able to stall their capping completely while Athero sneaked a cap.

brian!

dang i missed it

Aggressively taking camps at every respawn is a korean strategy, I think they were trying to mirror it. It wasn't just that they didn't capitalise on it as much as that dig's comp was able to stall their capping completely while Athero sneaked a cap.

camps are worthy on that map but they could have taken a fort so many times off the early picks. granted the picks were on aa's half of the map and they didnt want to miss on soak, but getting a fort would have split up dig and made further picks in those situations even more valuable

is zeropanda the team that was thrown together or was that estar

Somehow Gillyweed has become the most eloquent caster in HotS at least when it comes to hosting.

I really like Jake hosting, he seems more fit for it than actual casting. You don't have to pay much attention to the game to host a panel. He's doing a good job. Maybe over time he can transition into being a Redeye kind of guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom