• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, they have got to work on these delays. We're nearly 90 min in from the posted start time and the first game isn't even finished.

This actually works out perfectly for me; I've got ballet tickets tonight and at this rate of delays the actual championships won't even start until after I get back home.

(given the ballet is all about pirates, let's hope Blackheart's Bay shows up!)

Maledict

That's 2-0 to fanatic. I don't even dare to think we could see an upset here, but they have done very well so far. 3 global on sky temple is mad!

MVP black started to panic at the end there it felt. They weren't 5 for a long time. And Smxy is amazing.

Alur

Even if MVP Black pulls off the reverse sweep (and I wouldn't be shocked), Fnatic has finally shown they can be bloodied by the West. And not just stealing one game. Fucking awesome.

MVP is really off their game, the prior game they took a decisive fight 19v20 and then made a bad core attempt that cost them the game. They were low and it took them much too long to get the keep.
Fnatic had some real spotty shotcalling both games that gave MVP way more leeway than they should have had.

Also Lick stun smh.

Alur

If Muradin wasn't so ridiculous this shit would be over quick.

EDIT: As much as I want Korea to be beaten, I want this for Khaldor. He wants it so bad for Breez and Fnatic.

Zackat

Alur

GG

EDIT: I've legit never seen anyone hit Ley Line Seal on more than 2 people lol, he's landing 3 and 4 like it ain't shit

MVP is really off their game, the prior game they took a decisive fight 19v20 and then made a bad core attempt that cost them the game. They were low and it took them much too long to get the keep.
Fnatic had some real spotty shotcalling both games that gave MVP way more leeway than they should have had.

Also Lick stun smh.

mistakes yes but this isn't anywhere on the level of play we're used to from MVP.

a big part of it is that Fnatic's team comp completely countering mvp with all the disengaging and what not....less to do with MVP's game...

MVP might need to drop Aba and go a diff route to counter how they are getting countered...... either that or ban falstad tyreal

scoobs

Its fascinating how huge Hearthstone esports has become. Like.. its a card game, I don't understand it really but it makes me happy to see Blizzard esports thriving

Syf

Banned
Its fascinating how huge Hearthstone esports has become. Like.. its a card game, I don't understand it really but it makes me happy to see Blizzard esports thriving
Agreed. Hope the initiatives for HotS next year help build the scene. It's a lot of fun to watch when played at a high level.

kirblar

It's hilarious how the hero pool is actually insanely diverse right now (sustain meta>>>>>> burst meta) but then you have f'n Muradin still in every game.

actually competitive Hearthstone has had its worst year in 2016. no community tournaments, unhappy pros, big names retiring, community unrest over the card pool, etc.

I can't remember a time when Muradin wasn't a good pick.

way back around when Chen was added everyone played Arthas and Stitches and those were the only two tanks you saw. Maybe ETC or Chen if someone banned a tank (only 1 ban). Arthas was gutted and Stitches shortly after. Muradin got a few reworks and filled their shoes and hasn't been bad since

Zackat

way back around when Chen was added everyone played Arthas and Stitches and those were the only two tanks you saw. Maybe ETC or Chen if someone banned a tank (only 1 ban). Arthas was gutted and Stitches shortly after. Muradin got a few reworks and filled their shoes and hasn't been bad since

It's crazy to think he used to have the microstuns on every melee swing haha. So broken.

Fnatic taking it 3-1 makes no sense whatsoever.
I can't remember a time when Muradin wasn't a good pick.

When Leoric and Johanna had just come out and a short time before someone popularized the healing static build this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom