• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dig is trying to be too cute and thinking too much. Just pick good fucking heroes and play the game. They look like they're picking a bunch of shit they haven't practiced at all

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yeah, he won a game on CH yesterday.

true, not surprised it was ch. i just really dont like stitches' kit. not even in 2 war comps.

also every time i see this college dorm league stuff i think about shady the last one was with teams recruiting pros and shit and get completely disinterested.

Alur

Ballistix looking like they are about to reach into Dig's chests and pull out Fnatic's souls before that series even starts.

Alur

Snitch goes full Khroen and only picks Lili like he did Tracer that one tournament after they won against Naventic with it the first time. Kappa

Alavard

2esowmB.png

Really cool comparison between the teams. That difference in avg game length while having the same k/d ratio...

scoobs

After the nerfs she's no longer OP OP and in a pretty good spot I think. I'm curious to see how she does in a pro match against such stiff competition

Sanc in the hands of Koreans is dumb, Jeongha has been holding on to it incredibly. He even got back into the fight so low and walked out of it not burning the CD, which later safed Sylvanas.

Even right there, Jeongha didn't pop it right after the silence wore off he used it a the last possible moment.

I have to throw this out there

I really don't like HOTS casters

HOTS casters need to start molding themselves like DOTA casters. Right now its just two people trading turns talking with no organization. It leads to awk situations where it's someone's "turn" to say something and they have no idea what to say and they end up saying something stupid or pointless and you end up with all this worthless filler jargon and people stumbling over their words.

In DOTA you have your play-by-play people ODpixel, tobi, LD etc. who narrate everything that happens and then your analysts like godz, winter, merlini, draskyl etc. who tell you why it happened. There's no stupid comments, no filler, no talking over each other, everybody knows their roles and it's generally fantastic to listen to.

Like why is Dreadnaught doing play by play? He can't talk very well. He stumbles over his words. He's an ex-pro. He should be analyzing shit. Let Gillyweed narrate the fights and STFU until you have something to explain.

There's such a circlejerk over the HOTS casters right now though that criticism seems pointless.

Alur

Don't care who is to blame. There's not much to like about Ballistix unless you somehow feel bad for some of them for getting outplayed and cheesed by C9 last year. At least MVP Black had the best player in the world on a redemption story from being basically an outcast due to his own behavior.

Zackat

I have to throw this out there

I really don't like HOTS casters

HOTS casters need to start molding themselves like DOTA casters. Right now its just two people trading turns talking with no organization. It leads to awk situations where it's someone's "turn" to say something and they have no idea what to say and they end up saying something stupid or pointless and you end up with all this worthless filler jargon and people stumbling over their words.

In DOTA you have your play-by-play people ODpixel, tobi, LD etc. who narrate everything that happens and then your analysts like godz, winter, merlini, draskyl etc. who tell you why it happened. There's no stupid comments, no filler, no talking over each other, everybody knows their roles and it's generally fantastic to listen to.

Like why is Dreadnaught doing play by play? He can't talk very well. He stumbles over his words. He's an ex-pro. He should be analyzing shit. Let Gillyweed narrate the fights and STFU until you have something to explain.

There's such a circlejerk over the HOTS casters right now though that criticism seems pointless.

Yep, it's one thing that some esports casters could learn from professional sports broadcasts. The expert only talks after the play-by-play has finished a description, not taking turns doing play-by-play.

Don't care who is to blame. There's not much to like about Ballistix unless you somehow feel bad for some of them for getting outplayed and cheesed by C9 last year. At least MVP Black had the best player in the world on a redemption story from being basically an outcast due to his own behavior.

I like them cause of their amazing skill. Not here for their story.

Yep, it's one thing that some esports casters could learn from professional sports broadcasts. The expert only talks after the play-by-play has finished a description, not taking turns doing play-by-play.

my only beef with e-sports casters is they feel they have to fill up every silent moment with words.

Like they don't allow things to breathe, give things their own space. they have to constantly talk talk talk....

a little bit better pacing in the commentary would go a long way imo. at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom