• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zackat

Nlcu2.gif

Maledict

Khaldor about to have a heart attack. He's not ashamed of being a complete European fanatic.

Fingers crossed Dig pull it out as well, but right now feels like we won already! ;-)

(Maybe this will finally shut NA people up on THH about NA versus EU... )

Alur

I haven't heard THH do anything but bash NA and how bad it is for a while. What you talking about breh?

Dig has some pressure on their shoulders now. All that talk and money spent, if the lesser team makes it and they don't...disappointment.

When Leoric and Johanna had just come out and a short time before someone popularized the healing static build this year.

I think him falling off a bit this year was just your typical overreaction to a patch, his base kit is so good I think they'd have to really gut him for him to not be good anymore

IIRC way back in the day his trait used to be a loooot worse and his talents were a total mess.

I think he's a good candidate for a nerf, they need to be careful with power level of tanks cause if you make them too good people just pick 2-3 tanks every game and the meta gets super stale

Maledict

I haven't heard THH do anything but bash NA and how bad it is for a while. What you talking about breh?

Dig has some pressure on their shoulders now. All that talk and money spent, if the lesser team makes it and they don't...disappointment.

AA were doing it when they were on, but yeah its mostly a relic of when Zuna was on... ;-)

Whats the gaf chat channel BTW? I'm in hotsgaf and see nothing...

EDIT: I do think they are a bit stuck with Muradin. He's not doing very well in normal play, but at pro level he's clearly out of line compared to other tanks. Everyone considers him the best tank in the game, (worthy of first picking), and behind him comes ETC.

I think him falling off a bit this year was just your typical overreaction to a patch, his base kit is so good I think they'd have to really gut him for him to not be good anymore

IIRC way back in the day his trait used to be a loooot worse and his talents were a total mess.

I think he's a good candidate for a nerf, they need to be careful with power level of tanks cause if you make them too good people just pick 2-3 tanks every game and the meta gets super stale
His base kit is just that good but w/o healing static he'd probably see much less play since he can't have his sustain and get Heavy Impact at 16. If they don't outright remove the talent they might have to move it to 16.

Alur

They really need to stop having SC and HotS at the same time

Why? What's SC?

huehue

Yes, I forget what it was. Talents + kit being a little more lackluster + the trait. But during Alpha there was lots of talk of him being one of the worst heroes in the game IIRC.

AA were doing it when they were on, but yeah its mostly a relic of when Zuna was on... ;-)

Whats the gaf chat channel BTW? I'm in hotsgaf and see nothing...

Don't think anyone is in there Mal. If folks wanna get in there we can though.

And FWIW, so you can save this to quote it later when I bash some EU dudes, EU def > NA. But then again, pretty much every region is at this point in time. NA is a dumpster fire of teams spread too thin or changed too frequently.

are there any good support players in NA ? Kenma is trash, Jun is meh, akaface is meh, Matre wasn't impressive with Denial. Splendour bakery and smx are leagues better than those guys

NA won't make any noise until 5 T1 players actually make a team. I think EUs best talent is all concentrated onto their top 3 teams. NAs best talent is spread across like 6 teams

Chaos17

I didn't felt it that final, I wasn't hype, Korea seemed to try some new team comp out of the blue. I'm not against originality but don't try new stuff in final please (at least not after getting stomped 3 matches in a row, EU didn't for example tried some weird team comp, pretty classical in general). The guy who played Rheghar should've kept it specialy when you need to burst heal against Jaina+Mediv combo. Also what was that Murradin ? I've seen better Murradin than him, it's like he wasn't too confortable with the character because of the mistakes he made.

Yes, I forget what it was. Talents + kit being a little more lackluster + the trait. But during Alpha there was lots of talk of him being one of the worst heroes in the game IIRC.

yeah originally he didn't have reverberation, healing static, thunderstrike, and a bunch of his other useful talents. also the threshold on his trait healing was like 25% or 30% originally. I'm too lazy to go through the old patch notes but for some reason I remember them buffing his trait right around when they added Chen

I'm guessing the SC2 stream will host the HOTS stream when their Finals are done, so hopefully Heroes can get some good numbers for the Grand Finals

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
surprised sc2 still popular. is it jadeong vs flash? is boxer back?

edit: lol shit its still taste and tosis..man..talk about longevity

Alur

I've never played nor watched SC so I don't even know what the draw is/what a match is like. I've seen clips of it and that is about it.

Alur

In general I've found I can get into most esports as easily as I do real sports even if I don't know the game provided it's not a stomp and the casters make it interesting. I've played maybe 5 hours of League and I watch that pretty regularly, and I watch the International and haven't even finished the Dota 2 tutorial, for example.

I feel like Dig got bodied in this draft.

Maledict

To give McIntyre credit (after slamming him for mocking EU), in his preview he talked about how he felt global mobility heroes would be key and hugely popular. Turns out he was completely correct - we've seen global heroes in every match, and several times global teams drafted.

Always amusing to see strats come out that we haven't seen before - like the rise of Dehaka, and the fact that regions outside of Korea have learnt how to use Medivh.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Thrall's fine paired w/ Stitches, but w/ no second tank? .....

has stitches won a game yesterday/today? lots of pretty stuff with medivh yesterday but stitches can never close late game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom