• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's one thing that some esports casters could learn from professional sports broadcasts. The expert only talks after the play-by-play has finished a description, not taking turns doing play-by-play.

/shrug

League and as mentioned DOTA have great setups

HOTS is relatively young by comparison but I don't see much improvement from the HOTS casters in this regard over the last year

my only beef with e-sports casters is they feel they have to fill up every silent moment with words.

Like they don't allow things to breathe, give things their own space. they have to constantly talk talk talk....

a little bit better pacing in the commentary would go a long way imo. at least for me.

Couldn't have said it better.

A proper Play-by-play / Analyst setup helps solve this naturally though, because the analyst doesn't always feel like he/she has to be talking. And there is no "taking turns" or putting someone on the spot to say something. Things just get said when things need to be said.

ODPixel + GoDz in DOTA2 is the best casting duo in esports to me. DOTA has a lot of great caster pairings honestly

I like them cause of their amazing skill. Not here for their story.

my only beef with e-sports casters is they feel they have to fill up every silent moment with words.

Like they don't allow things to breathe, give things their own space. they have to constantly talk talk talk....

a little bit better pacing in the commentary would go a long way imo. at least for me.

Some caster know how to draw the moment, particularly CS:GO casters (thinking Pansy here...).

I only like Ballistix because I recognize a couple of them from SC2.
That's why I was rooting for Tempest, because of Duckdeok
Don't care who is to blame. There's not much to like about Ballistix unless you somehow feel bad for some of them for getting outplayed and cheesed by C9 last year. At least MVP Black had the best player in the world on a redemption story from being basically an outcast due to his own behavior.
Isn't that a nice redemption story in itself after getting cheesed by C9 last year they claim the title.

Syf

Banned
Edit - And I'm Canadian for the record.
MvN9p6r.gif

See Ballistix can pull off the VP Arcane Orb combo. These fights are so messy.

Oh and NVT owner got into a twitter fight again, this time with akaface Zuna joined in.
Imported Support was leading 2:0 before NVT was forced to forfeit due to Zuna in the Nexus Games.

That was a great game, new maps (by date of inclusion, not really just by the quality of the maps themselves) really encourage far more aggressive and crazy plans as you can see that the teams are not fully tuned in with all the rotations and options. There's no way that ETC would get hit with the banelings if it were an older map.

Ketch

I feel like fanatic forgot to look at the other teams comp during the draft

Like, what was the plan here? How are you gonna pick hammer in this game and not have a solid plan?

He's like actually bad at the hero

Took me till now to realise they banned Tyrael to stop Fnatic's sanct cap cheese.

Can't wait for the EU league, looking mighty promising. Athero has a lot of catching up to do with the rest of his team if they stick together post Blizzcon.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
just really disappointing seeing the draft and expecting this kind of game.. stop playing stitchesssss

Alur

Quick someone make a joke about this being the closest Dread has ever gotten/will ever get to the trophy. No? Okay.

Alur

Not after a full year out of the game. Unless you count those little $100 tournaments, but even still players like Fan and Zuna and Caff and co have been on multiple tournament winning teams since then and that's just here in murica.

Now what do I watch? Somebody stream or something.

Was thinking the same. Streamers all at Blizzcon. Feels bad man.

For all the faults of the tournament 2016 was several notches above 2015.

Also Athero mentioned scrimming tracer tass was hard and the deam generally didn't want it. I don't get it, it was not only a great comp multiple times but also did Dignitas destroy teams with it.

Celegus

I feel the same way. I had a bunch of drinks and the last few matches flew by and I'm sitting here wondering what to do.

Midnight here and didn't sleep much last night, so bed for me! Gonna catch up on the panels tomorrow since I missed almost all of them watching the entire heroes tournament. The state of the game one was good though, lots and lots of great changes coming soon! So so happy they're supporting the heck out of the game, especially given the lackluster Diablo support lately.

Alavard

Midnight here and didn't sleep much last night, so bed for me! Gonna catch up on the panels tomorrow since I missed almost all of them watching the entire heroes tournament. The state of the game one was good though, lots and lots of great changes coming soon! So so happy they're supporting the heck out of the game, especially given the lackluster Diablo support lately.

I may be a little biased, but I think HotS was the winner of Blizzcon 2016.

Syf

Banned
I think HotS and WoW both had really good stuff shown. Excited about the future of this game with the expanded HGC next year and all the other stuff coming.

Alavard

I think HotS and WoW both had really good stuff shown. Excited about the future of this game with the expanded HGC next year and all the other stuff coming.

I haven't played WoW in a couple of years, but to be fair, Legion and the announcements for WoW at Blizzcon do sound pretty great. Fair point.

Celegus

I'd say so for sure. Even the support for Overwatch isn't quite as much as I'd expect. The league stuff is neat, but I really don't like watching that game whatsoever. Hearthstone expansion is a giant question mark after what was in Kharazan. I don't play WoW to know anything about that though.

Everything about HotS was killer! Better ranked system, two awesome looking heroes, haunted mines coming soon, that promo for the free heroes/mount (though I already own all the heroes), Artanis Q+E going live and other changes, the new brawl, etc. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom