• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into what I believe was my first A.I scripted bot in ranked. It was a Raynor on Cursed Hollow

It never grouped for objectives, never grouped for teamfights. It just pushed top lane (get ganked), push mid lane (get ganked) push top lane, rinse and repeat until set times where it would attempt the boss (and die). It's movements were robotic like in a loop. I should record it and put it on reddit. Pretty much all 9 players reported him so if it wasn't a bot, atleast they have those strikes against them for being such a worthless addition.

It never typed, never pinged, never stutter-stepped however was precise with its Q. I don't think it missed ever.

Maybe just an elaborate troll. But none of us knew the person.

scoobs

Lost the last two ARAM games due to people just face tanking tower shots repeatedly when we had the advantage.

I'm never surprised anymore at the levels of suck some people possess. Its frustrating, but in the end its just a brawl, you get your weekly reward regardless of win or loss. Just try focusing on getting better yourself, and let your feeder teammates do what God put them in the Nexus to do: feed.

Celegus

I just keep getting Chromie in this brawl and it makes me want to rage quit. I hate her so so so much and keep being forced to play her!

Alur

Typically you can't expect a lot of out of Quick Match. It just tries to throw random shit together in hopes that it will work. Sometimes, though, the inner conspiracy theorist must come out. This match was one of those times:

WScn4XL.jpg

Tassadar, Medivh, and Tyrande...versus Zeratul and Nova. Get countered boiz.

I played this game like I was Xul-muro. Soaked and soaked. Kept getting camps. Farming seeds. Meanwhile Nova was yolo af thirsty and so therefore the Arthas and Zeratul went with her, which meant the Auriel (Milly) had to babysit them all game. We struggled to kill anyone thanks to Tass + Medivh bullshit.

The enemy team just abandoned lanes to try kill Nova/Arthas and let us build up a lead. The Nova and Arthas started feeding a bit despite me (nicely) reminding them that the one way we could definitely win was out PVEing the enemy due to our slight lead + the enemy team's lack of caring about doing objectives or soaking.

They had two pushes on our core that were repelled by just two or three of our team while some of us were dead. Their final core push, we had their keeps down on top and bot and they pushed in so long and we/I had the lanes pushed out so far that the catapults 100-0'd their core while they were busy fighting us. Felt good man.

Blizzard tested, Xulmuro approved.

I don't know why they had to nerf Sundering *again* to buff Earthquake. I don't understand Blizzard sometimes.

Sundering is picked because it's one of like 3 hard initiation spells in the entire game. Maybe if they added more of them it wouldn't seem so valuable. Instead they nerf it until it's complete trash and now they're left with 2 initiation abilities in the entire game.

Seems like Blizzard is more concerned about pick rate parity than actually making their game interesting.

Alavard

Oh shit those Zera buffs, in my veins. Follow Through at 4 wormhole at 7. Health and Health Regen buffs. New ridiculous lvl 16 talent.

They removed Kharazim's Cleanse, wtf.

They removed his cleanse, but gave him this:

New Talent: Cleansing Touch (Q)
Radiant Dashing to an allied Hero grants them Unstoppable for 1 second

So I played a few games of Medivh yesterday and really enjoyed him, so I picked him up. But I was wondering what the community impressions of Medivh are since I haven't been playing much HotS since just before he came out.

They removed his cleanse, but gave him this:

New Talent: Cleansing Touch (Q)
Radiant Dashing to an allied Hero grants them Unstoppable for 1 second
At 16 and it means you need to get right into shit and might even be a better target for the opponents.
Sad that you have to choose between gp and follow through on zera now
I never was good enough for GP anyways way too greedy with Zera.

Alavard

So I played a few games of Medivh yesterday and really enjoyed him, so I picked him up. But I was wondering what the community impressions of Medivh are since I haven't been playing much HotS since just before he came out.

Amazing hero, fairly composition-dependent, and suffers when he's not in a coordinated team. To best take advantage of his W or his portals, his allies need to know they're coming in advance, which isn't really feasible when you're not on voice chat.

I also find he's tough because you have to always be thinking about your raven form - when it makes sense to scout things out, and when it makes sense to be on the ground using your abilities.

But again, amazing hero.

brian!

He's pretty strong but itll probably be a while before the majority pick up on how to play with him. Had a great medivh yesterday who was really on point w/ portal placement/harassing

scoobs

Oh shit those Zera buffs, in my veins. Follow Through at 4 wormhole at 7. Health and Health Regen buffs. New ridiculous lvl 16 talent.

They removed Kharazim's Cleanse, wtf.

Ya but they gave him 2 charges of it at 16, but ya idk how this is going to work out. I wouldn't think he'd be considered a viable solo support by the pro community

scoobs

I don't know why they had to nerf Sundering *again* to buff Earthquake. I don't understand Blizzard sometimes.

Sundering is picked because it's one of like 3 hard initiation spells in the entire game. Maybe if they added more of them it wouldn't seem so valuable. Instead they nerf it until it's complete trash and now they're left with 2 initiation abilities in the entire game.

Seems like Blizzard is more concerned about pick rate parity than actually making their game interesting.

Sundering is one of the best abilities in the game, it was probably a little too good. Its still one of the best abilities in the game.

Rework Zeratul is going to be an absolute menace. Unkillable stealthy blink machine. Yay, another Samuro!

Milly79

Seems there always has to be one dominant stealth in the game. Seoiusly, just kill it off. Samuro's would be great if it were like 2-3 seconds.

Ya but they gave him 2 charges of it at 16, but ya idk how this is going to work out. I wouldn't think he'd be considered a viable solo support by the pro community

He still has to get out as he has to dash in first. Heck if you want to precleanse an aoe stun you're jumping right into it. Lvl 16 cleanse has always been too late that's why Lili even got cleanse moved to 7 that's why Gain Train is better on Zarya.m

Maledict

What killed Kharazim was the removal of relentless. It's too easy to CC him and punish him for trying to do what he wants to do (melee people). I don't think we'll see him used much until he gets some form of defense back.

scoobs

So he would be countered pretty hard by ETC, but otherwise I could see having 2 cleanses (on a super low CD) being pretty powerful

brian!

Yeah hope the samuro nerfs arent too heavy handed since that straight up counters him

Dunno how i feel about late cleanse, im probably for it though. Like i think early cleanse should be a valuable thing that helps define a support and i like the idea of choice at the strongest talent tier between something effectively strong like more heal and something that can win you the game like cleanse

brian!

Yeah theyve shown that they are willing to revert quickly so it's not much to get worried about probably. Since ive started playing again he seems underwhelming to me but it's probably because ive been so taken in with the feedback

scoobs

If it's too much they run the risk of pushing him into pre-buff nova territory, aka completely unplayable and useless in almost all scenarios.

He needs to do significant damage

scoobs

"Yo we are going to nerf Samuro, he is a stealth hero that does too much damage and is unkillable, so here's the new Zeratul, who will do too much damage, and be unkillable! We fixed it!" - Blizzard

Ketch

played the dps monk on ptr, it's still bad. the speed boost on the third hit is barely noticeable.... it's such a bad pre-req for that to go off.

healing ally is meh, earth ally is OP, didn't try air ally yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom